What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ryan Day - Head Coach Ohio State Buckeyes

idk but I love the offense Urban Meyer teams always run. Haskins doesn't seem like as much of a runner as other guys, but spread with a physical running game is what I want to see at CU. I don't care if it's a offensive HC or a defensive guy, that's the offense I want. And it sure doesn't look like any Texas Tech Mike Leach Hal Mumme crap

This also encapsulates why I don’t want air raid at Colorado. It is a system that masks deficiencies for a have-not school.
Colorado should never be considered a have-not.

I'd call our offensive line a deficiency. Much as I'd like to blow people off the LOS, we don't have the personnel to do it right now.
Players like Lynott, maybe Kutch, Pursell, Fillip, Ray and Sherman should be capable. Probably others. As a unit the Buffs have underperformed, but I'm happy to lay that at the feet of their former coach. I hope he gets a new job where he learns how to hone his craft - he sure seems like a nice guy.

A capable coach (along with improved nutrition and lifting) could have these guys looking much better next year.

The two years with Chip are nice, but the fact that the Buckeyes chose Day to coach the team while Urb was suspended are telling. Also, a majority of OSU fans want Day to takeover as HC in the event Urban leaves. That speaks volumes as to how highly regarded he is to that program.
Kind of like Roper tonight. It’s telling. Not sure of what. But telling.

The new guy needs to tailor his schemes around the talent that is here. Period. If that means we need to look more like Washington State than Stanford, then that's what we need to do.
False. That is a short term solution. That is creating a band-aid, not an identity.

I don’t claim to know what RG is looking for as Colorado’s identity. But he is looking at the long term health of the program, not short term band-aids.

I believe the new coach that comes in will be able to build successfully using our current roster, because our talent is in the skill positions, so that can translate.

False. That is a short term solution. That is creating a band-aid, not an identity.

I don’t claim to know what RG is looking for as Colorado’s identity. But he is looking at the long term health of the program, not short term band-aids.

I believe the new coach that comes in will be able to build successfully using our current roster, because our talent is in the skill positions, so that can translate.

I don't either, but I do claim to know a few things-One, we have a quarterback who struggles to make reads. Two, we have an offensive line who can't pass block-and doesn't run block that well for that matter. Travon McMillon's 1000 yards were a product of his talent in my opinion-not the offensive line's. Third, 2 bowls since 2006 and 10 straight losses with bowl eligibility on the line (especially in an era where 2/3 of the teams in the FBS play in bowl games) is unacceptable. Getting at least that far every year in this day and age shouldn't be that difficult for this program-especially in the piss-poor conference and division we play in. I expect the new guy to get to the postseason next year, and we all should.

all I know is, that OSU Michigan game made me think nik might actually know what he's talking about. OSU did unspeakable things to that #1 Michigan defense. Starting to wonder if we just need an offensive genius..

I don't either, but I do claim to know a few things-One, we have a quarterback who struggles to make reads. Two, we have an offensive line who can't pass block-and doesn't run block that well for that matter. Travon McMillon's 1000 yards were a product of his talent in my opinion-not the offensive line's. Third, 2 bowls since 2006 and 10 straight losses with bowl eligibility on the line (especially in an era where 2/3 of the teams in the FBS play in bowl games) is unacceptable. Getting at least that far every year in this day and age shouldn't be that difficult for this program-especially in the piss-poor conference and division we play in. I expect the new guy to get to the postseason next year, and we all should.
I think we are essentially thinking the same thing.

If we can get Ryan Day, I have trouble imagining a better scenario. Especially if he brought Grinch as our new DC.

We really need to see Urban issue a statement that he plans to be at tOSU for at least another 5 years.

Does underdog OSU beating Michigan by scoring 62 in a massive rivalry game to end the season with the division title on the line seem like a sign to anybody else here that Day may be our guy?
It moves him up to the #1 assistant prospect in the nation for any open coaching job.

Cumulative GPA: 3.00

Day is clearly a great coach, but he doesn’t seem to fit with Colorado as well as other candidates like Jimmy Lake or Derek Mason. He would be a a big name to bring in and he would certainly get the offense back on track, but there’s a strong chance Day will spend his time in Boulder waiting for Urban Meyer to retire.

ok...this article lost me here-

day comes to boulder. in year 3 we win the conference and head to the playoffs. urban retires. day looks around at the glories of CU and boulder and says "i'm going back to trash land ohio state"? you guys are hallucinating. if he does, then he's got a ****ing screw lose and he seems like a bright guy to me. this IS the promised land, bitches. right here.

besides why worry about what ifs? get the best guy in and kick some ass.

Cumulative GPA: 3.00

Day is clearly a great coach, but he doesn’t seem to fit with Colorado as well as other candidates like Jimmy Lake or Derek Mason. He would be a a big name to bring in and he would certainly get the offense back on track, but there’s a strong chance Day will spend his time in Boulder waiting for Urban Meyer to retire.

ok...this article lost me here-

This part too:

Day clearly loves the sport and is a bright mind, but his teams haven’t always been the most focused. He might be too laid back to bring this Colorado team the discipline they need.

Back