What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ryan Day - Head Coach Ohio State Buckeyes

The fact that he looks exactly like this guy... that's enough for me! I'm all in!
fnlep2a.jpg

Clear eyes, full hearts...can't lose!!!

Cumulative GPA: 3.00

Day is clearly a great coach, but he doesn’t seem to fit with Colorado as well as other candidates like Jimmy Lake or Derek Mason. He would be a a big name to bring in and he would certainly get the offense back on track, but there’s a strong chance Day will spend his time in Boulder waiting for Urban Meyer to retire.

ok...this article lost me here-

If he leaves here to go back to Columbus (especially given that's supposedly Matt Campbell's dream job), that probably means he's done pretty **** well here. Not a reason to pass at all on him.

Cumulative GPA: 3.00

Day is clearly a great coach, but he doesn’t seem to fit with Colorado as well as other candidates like Jimmy Lake or Derek Mason. He would be a a big name to bring in and he would certainly get the offense back on track, but there’s a strong chance Day will spend his time in Boulder waiting for Urban Meyer to retire.

ok...this article lost me here-

Weird write up overall. Cost is a B-?

He is making $1 million and might want a substantial raise? No ****.

This part too:

Day clearly loves the sport and is a bright mind, but his teams haven’t always been the most focused. He might be too laid back to bring this Colorado team the discipline they need.

They looked pretty focused on Saturday-but this is where quality assistants can help him.

So, we're talking about the guy here who was the guy Chip Kelly picked to be his QB coach in the NFL and Urban Meyer picked to run his offense at Ohio State. Just came off laying 62 on Michigan's #1 defense in a game they might have scored 80 if not for a few drops. All that for a guy who won't turn 40 until March.

Yeah, I'm down with this.

Is Day getting too much benefit from the Michigan blow out? OSU has laid a couple eggs with a boatload of talent this year. Obv CU has laid larger eggs.

One poor game against Purdue, otherwise offense has not been the issue for Ohio State.
Seems that they learned something from that, too, and re-committed to being more physical by staying committed to running the ball. Purdue game ended up being like 75 pass attempts because the run game wasn't working. That can't happen, particularly when you have the more talented team. They learned.

I'm also very jealous of his work in the 2nd half against Oregon State.
Has a 28 point lead -
Touchdown
Touchdown
INT on the Beavs 19
Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
End of game

Lots of runs but isn't afraid to pass and step on their throat, Martell gets some actual meaningful playing time.

Has a 28 point lead -
Touchdown
Touchdown
INT on the Beavs 19
Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
End of game

Lots of runs but isn't afraid to pass and step on their throat, Martell gets some actual meaningful playing time.

I was happy all the way through the post and almost passed out at the end. Backup QBs can get meaningful playing time?????

all I know is, that OSU Michigan game made me think nik might actually know what he's talking about. OSU did unspeakable things to that #1 Michigan defense. Starting to wonder if we just need an offensive genius..
Our D was good enough to keep us in games this year...this entire debacle was on the O...which baffles me because we have enough talent to be a pretty good O...this staff must have been gawd awful.

I mean, it's not a horrible thing if Day gets our class signed and then coaches OSU in the playoff. That's lots of free pub.

Yeah, I do not understand why people want our potential new coach to lose meaningful football games. You cannot buy that pub.

Has a 28 point lead -
Touchdown
Touchdown
INT on the Beavs 19
Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
End of game

To be fair, these things are often more a Head Coaching decision, not a playcaller decision

Edit: I just realized he was the acting HC for that game. Carry on!

I mean, it's not a horrible thing if Day gets our class signed and then coaches OSU in the playoff. That's lots of free pub.
Assuming Day is the hire...

Yeah. Maybe our best scenario is that tOSU rolls but gets left out of the playoff. But I'd say that them making the playoff is our 2nd best scenario due to the publicity. Always better to win and have momentum. Momentum is everything.

Back