What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sh!t just got real with CU recruiting

Y'all are a bunch of premature babies. **** is going to get real. If you thought Tucker was going to come in here and pull a Maclite and keep the entire incoming class, you are crazy. If you thought he wasn't going to lose recruits, you are crazy. The real question is how many bumps we hit this year. We need players to fill holes, stat. The early signing period could really hurt this transition class.

But it could also be the funnest recruiting period since 2016, if not 2008, once we push through the pain of early signing day. If it's a bust, then we can say things aren't going well.

Bunch of abused people around here!
The tone of this post is a far cry from your tone in the Burrito Stand thread.

I'm mad about the pace of hiring due to ESD. I'm not freaking out that CU recruiting is doomed. That conclusion is a freakout about something we won't even know for sure until 2020. Two different issues.

You’re okay with zero accountability? If HCMT can’t land a top 25 class this year he’s a bust.

we were all laughing at the nubs when half their team decommitted/transferred including 2 QBs. Now we are in the middle of a locker room makeover, buckle Up.

We aren't even close to that level of mass chaos yet. Also, I'm still laughing.
Plus they were losing all the highest rated guys from recruiting classes that had been very highly ranked. After their insufferable "Calibraska" kool-aid fest for the past 2 years in all their tweets. Kinda different than parting with some 3* recruits before signing day.

KdgRxoO.gif

tenor.gif

Two for the price of one, bitches.

I'm loving the moves I'm seeing. Commitment to being massive in the trenches wasn't just talk. Commitment to speed & toughness wasn't just talk. Going after guys who look like they can win their individual battles against the USC players wasn't just talk. This is shaping up to be a very good transition class that has me super excited to see what 2020 looks like.

I'm loving the moves I'm seeing. Commitment to being massive in the trenches wasn't just talk. Commitment to speed & toughness wasn't just talk. Going after guys who look like they can win their individual battles against the USC players wasn't just talk. This is shaping up to be a very good transition class that has me super excited to see what 2020 looks like.

It certainly seems like HCMT has a vision and a plan.

I was listening to McChesney's podcast and he was talking about how MM's staff used to recruit at Six Zero. He's seeing lots of blue chip program recruiters but not much at all from the Buffs, now or in the past. I am assuming that'll change soon. He also said they'd wait to see who else offered before making an offer and that he'd love to be the OL coach at CU. Kinda interesting IMO.

I was listening to McChesney's podcast and he was talking about how MM's staff used to recruit at Six Zero. He's seeing lots of blue chip program recruiters but not much at all from the Buffs, now or in the past. I am assuming that'll change soon. He also said they'd wait to see who else offered before making an offer and that he'd love to be the OL coach at CU. Kinda interesting IMO.
McChesney is a blowhard who needs to stay in his lane. He is paid a lot of money by these kids' parents to get them looks from college recruiters and while he has done a good job developing some guys and helping get them offers from some solid programs, he has a conflict of interest and has continually badmouthed the in-state programs for not offering every one of his clients. He is also not qualified to be an OL coach at the FBS level, let alone the P5 level.

Last edited:
McChesney is a blowhard who needs to stay in his lane. He is paid a lot of money by these kids' parents to get them looks from college recruiters and while he has done a good job developing some guys and helping get them offers from some solid programs, he has a conflict of interest and has continually badmouthed the in-state programs for not offering every one of his clients. He is also not qualified to be an OL coach at the FBS level, let alone the P5 level.
Thanks. I don't know much about him...except he can be pretty entertaining at times.

Completely fair.. And I find it odd that he doesn't think CU is around at all, when Adams was at Six-Zero multiple times, and we have signed more than a few of his kids. Sure, there are a few kids in-state that it was frustrating we didn't offer, but whatever...we did go after some of his guys. I'm only responding though to you, because in spite of all of our personal differences as posters, we have one thing in common - we all love CU. Chez may be loud and proud about other things you, I, and others don't care for, but he loves CU. At the least, he will not push a kid away from CU. The guy still LOVES the Buffs.

Completely fair.. And I find it odd that he doesn't think CU is around at all, when Adams was at Six-Zero multiple times, and we have signed more than a few of his kids. Sure, there are a few kids in-state that it was frustrating we didn't offer, but whatever...we did go after some of his guys. I'm only responding though to you, because in spite of all of our personal differences as posters, we have one thing in common - we all love CU. Chez may be loud and proud about other things you, I, and others don't care for, but he loves CU. At the least, he will not push a kid away from CU. The guy still LOVES the Buffs.
Agreed and we do have that as a common denominator at the very least. There does come a point, though, where being a Buff is not worth much to me, and Matt M is flirting with that line when he chooses to be deliberately obtuse and misleading about CU's recruiting practices in the state of CO. He has also gotten a fairly loud voice in the Denver media scene over the last few years and is very influential with CO preps. I would hope he would never directly steer anyone away from his alma mater, but bad mouthing the program for not recruiting mostly FCS/G5 level recruits isn't a good look.

Agreed and we do have that as a common denominator at the very least. There does come a point, though, where being a Buff is not worth much to me, and Matt M is flirting with that line when he chooses to be deliberately obtuse and misleading about CU's recruiting practices in the state of CO. He has also gotten a fairly loud voice in the Denver media scene over the last few years and is very influential with CO preps. I would hope he would never directly steer anyone away from his alma mater, but bad mouthing the program for not recruiting mostly FCS/G5 level recruits isn't a good look.
This. He does have his own brand he needs to sell. I understand and get that. I wish he could find ways to sell his brand without calling out (what he thinks) the lack of attention from CU. This also goes back to what we have talked about many times, is the size and quality of the players that come out of Colorado. He only has a CO footprint, he needs to get these CO kids to fork out $$$ so he gets paid. He needs to push that CU and others will see your kids as long as you fork out the $$$. Unfortunately he only gets a couple P5 kids a year and if they don't fit into CUs plan then he has a hard time selling his brand.

With half a staff and very little time to make connections the quality of guys MT has been been able to get on campus already has been damn impressive. This is not going to be a transition class. I can't wait to see what recruiting looks like it a few years.
It most definitely is going to be a transition class. It's just looking like a decent one

It most definitely is going to be a transition class. It's just looking like a decent one
Cautiously optimistic that he can close a lot of the guys they bring this weekend to make it a very solid transition class.

Back