What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Football News

On a lighter note,

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_29637747/cu-football-dino-gordon-moving-up-running-back

Excited about Dino, think he is an X-factor in the RB rotation.

All purpose backs: Adkins, Gordon, Bisharat
Speed/Scat backs: Carr, Lee, and Lindsay

If the O-line can give them some kind of hole, we could have a very exciting ground game.
It's being able to find carries for 6 different RBs, that becomes an issue. Like Hagan said, it's a good problem to have, but I think there comes a point at RB where more is less. And that's 6, not including Julmisse... Or will he likely RS?

Agreed. I think the article said 30 years minimum. 30 years seems really excessive if no one was really hurt.
If he had a history of this, they might drop the hammer. I haven't seen anything that he does. That should benefit him I'd think? Got too ****ed up and did stupid ****. He doesn't deserve like 30 years though.

I was able to attend the practice on Friday and watched the QB and OL. Coach Adams has moved several guys around. The young guys-Middlemiss,Lynott,Haigler, Kaiser were getting reps and looked young and inexperienced. They will need some bulk and experience to be able to play in the PAC 12 but the potential is there. Lisella was playing guard and Callahan was at LT. Kelly left practice early and that gave Lynott more reps. Sully was playing back up center and guard. Kelly,Sully and Callahan are all gigantic. You can definitely see the difference between the young guys and our seniors.
Lindgren was working with the QBs and Montez was getting his feet wet and held the ball a little too long but he has all the right stuff and with reps and time he will be a boss. Awini can run the ball and I assume we will utilize him for those situations.
General mood was upbeat and it seemed that many of the players parents were in attendance.

I just remembered that Buffstampede had photos from the open practice last week. Not sure you can link photos from there, but I noticed Gillam in one of the photos. He looks like he has gained some good weight back and looks a lot bigger in the upper body. I've got my fingers crossed, but he actually looked like a Pac 12 linebacker in the photo I saw.

Last edited:
It's being able to find carries for 6 different RBs, that becomes an issue. Like Hagan said, it's a good problem to have, but I think there comes a point at RB where more is less. And that's 6, not including Julmisse... Or will he likely RS?

It's really not a good problem to have though. It means no one is really separating from the crowd. Coaches might paint it differently, but even the top teams in the country do not go six deep at RB.

Certainly high on Montez. Gehrke and Apsay..."no comment"?
That was a really excellent read, especially because he didn't pull many punches. The "no comment" speaks volumes, when he lumped Gehrke in with a guy who had (I'm assuming) been dismissed from the program by the time the interview took place.

The section on the WRs was good, especially when he talked about Bobo and Ross not having done a lot of extra work in the past and this being a make or break year for those guys.

It's really not a good problem to have though. It means no one is really separating from the crowd. Coaches might paint it differently, but even the top teams in the country do not go six deep at RB.
You're right. Top teams in the country would have Donovan Lee playing full time slot receiver (maybe getting creative with him at RB in certain situations), Michael Adkins probably medically retired by now, and an incoming Freshman as a definite RS, leaving a true RB rotation of 3 deep.

I just remembered that Buffstampede had photos from the open practice last week. Not sure you can link photos from there, but I noticed Gillam in one of the photos. He looks like he as gained some good weight back and looks a lot bigger in the upper body. I've got my fingers crossed, but he actually looked like a Pac 12 linebacker in the photo I saw.
image.jpeg

It's sad that a single event can damage somebodies future like this but I also don't want someone who can do this in public either. Needs to be some kind of middle ground that gets him help with his issues but still protects people from him.

This may be Macs first year where he recruited kids seemingly promising no redshirt and some playing time, but there may be enough depth where these players have to redshirt. Julmisse and Huntley are two that come to mind. We have a lot of upperclassmen at WR and slot/rb/hybrid.

Edit to also include Bisharat

You're right. Top teams in the country would have Donovan Lee playing full time slot receiver (maybe getting creative with him at RB in certain situations), Michael Adkins probably medically retired by now, and an incoming Freshman as a definite RS, leaving a true RB rotation of 3 deep.
IMO Adkins looks better than Lindsay when healthy. His injury situation last year was awkward and almost felt disciplinary. In my opinion Lindsay should be moved to safety. I like the kid's grit and attitude but all he does is run straight into tacklers. At his size in the P12 you get taken down. Seems to me those traits are better used on defense.

It's sad that a single event can damage somebodies future like this but I also don't want someone who can do this in public either. Needs to be some kind of middle ground that gets him help with his issues but still protects people from him.
It would be one thing if the "single event" was the guy getting baited into fighting another student who was spouting racist stuff at him, but this guy attacked a woman about half his size, her roommates who were trying to protect her, and two police officers who showed admirable restraint in resorting to non-lethal methods to subdue this guy. He also committed a litany of other crimes.

I do agree with you in hoping that he gets the help he needs.

On a cheerier note, I noticed that Howell said in chat that Lynott was seriously pushing Kelley for the starting center spot. For all the talk about recruiting over players, I think that's a great sign; I think a lot of us would have said that Kelley was the one guy who was probably locked into a starting OL slot via his play last year, so it's ostensibly encouraging to have a redshirt freshman talented enough to give a senior a run for his money.

Kelley is a lock to start at Center
Sounds like Lynott is really pushing for playing time and they are really working him in at Center. It's probably more for next year at Center, but I wonder if they really think Lynott has a shot at one of Guard spots this fall?

Sounds like Lynott is really pushing for playing time and they are really working him in at Center. It's probably more for next year at Center, but I wonder if they really think Lynott has a shot at one of Guard spots this fall?
Lynott will not see the field this year unless Kelly and Wiefels are both knocked unconsience. He needs time to improve. His snaps were all over the place and he needs to add bulk. He has a large torso but no backside to anchor him. Was getting pushed around by our defense. I think HCMM was speaking more about his opportunity in the future.

It would be one thing if the "single event" was the guy getting baited into fighting another student who was spouting racist stuff at him, but this guy attacked a woman about half his size, her roommates who were trying to protect her, and two police officers who showed admirable restraint in resorting to non-lethal methods to subdue this guy. He also committed a litany of other crimes.

I do agree with you in hoping that he gets the help he needs.

On a cheerier note, I noticed that Howell said in chat that Lynott was seriously pushing Kelley for the starting center spot. For all the talk about recruiting over players, I think that's a great sign; I think a lot of us would have said that Kelley was the one guy who was probably locked into a starting OL slot via his play last year, so it's ostensibly encouraging to have a redshirt freshman talented enough to give a senior a run for his money.

And I don't really believe this is a "single event," it is simply the one that police got called to. Somebody who is going to throw around women rarely only does it once. This is why I mentioned protecting others from him.

You are spot on with the police showing restraint and we simply cannot have a guy who would do this on the roster. Assuming that the media report is correct about what happened.

Kelley is a lock to start at Center

How is Kelley looking.

I have like what he does with technique the last couple years. He took a solid step forward last year but still tended to have issues with guys who could push him around. He wasn't far away though so hopefully another 10-15+ lbs of muscle will make him a more effective blocker, especially in the run game.

Sully has been a disappointment so if Lynott can pass him and get some playing time as a back-up that is good for this year and the future.

This may be Macs first year where he recruited kids seemingly promising no redshirt and some playing time, but there may be enough depth where these players have to redshirt. Julmisse and Huntley are two that come to mind. We have a lot of upperclassmen at WR and slot/rb/hybrid.

Edit to also include Bisharat

There is no other position on this team whereby a true Frosh has a better shot at serious playing time than WR. It's wide open after Fields. There's a reason why 2 Juco's were signed here. We need Julmisse or Huntley to be instant studs.

Isaac Miller getting a little bubble on his butt! hilarious!

Carl seems to call it like he sees it. Definitely took some shots at Bobo, Ross and Kronshage (also at Walters). When I saw Kronshage's girlfriend, I had my doubts....Way too hot for an OL guy to be with!

Carl and HCMM have both been hyping the last two OL classes, which has been the major critique of the recruiting.
We'll see down the road if it's just early hype.

Carl and HCMM have both been hyping the last two OL classes, which has been the major critique of the recruiting.

I would not mind OL classes like 2015 year in and year out. But realistically, hard to say the other three classes have been on a similar level.

Isaac Miller getting a little bubble on his butt! hilarious!

Carl seems to call it like he sees it. Definitely took some shots at Bobo, Ross and Kronshage (also at Walters). When I saw Kronshage's girlfriend, I had my doubts....Way too hot for an OL guy to be with!

Who on earth is Carl? Did we hire a new coach and nobody told me?!

Back