What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Game on March 18th

Any thoughts on what people saw from LB position?

The play calling and safety concerns made the LB's vanish.

Vanilla defense. Rules of engagement seemed to be no touching or tackling the QBs. No blitzing. RBs were mostly stopped at LoS by D-Line. Not many crossing routes. Mostly screens, post routes deep into the secondary.

Is it mainly footwork with Montez? I know he has a big arm. The reading defenses doesn't sound great either. If we can get someone to work with him, do it.

Is it mainly footwork with Montez? I know he has a big arm. The reading defenses doesn't sound great either. If we can get someone to work with him, do it.

It's a lazy thing IMO. He has an absolute cannon on his right shoulder and I think he feels like he can make all the throws regardless of his base. The ball is going to sail on him, if he does that though. Just a matter of time before DB's eat him alive because of it. Needs to focus on the mechanics.

Last edited:
That African American man that is supposed to be a qb guru, his name escapes me. Can he only work with you at like camps, so many damn rules, hard to know?

That sounds right. Just a camp guy yes? Well unless you were to hire him, Idk how you can do it otherwise?

I'd say that Noyer and Montez both look like QBs who were underrated. Not too many guys in their class really truly have a lot more talent. Noyer impressed me a ton watching on TV.

Pleasantly surprised by the defense. Also loved the way the quarterbacks played. Montez was going for the big play in the beginning of the scrimmage. It's always hard to hit someone going deep to your right so I'm not sure why he forced that first pic.

Surfing through the telecast. Interview with DJ Eliot was interesting where he was put on the spot to name some players who they need to get ready to play. Seemed to be searching for words. A little odd 14 practices into spring.

Can definitely see the arm talent in that throw from Montez, but once again, it's off his back foot. He's going to get in trouble if he doesn't fix that.

Did you guys not stay to the end? How is no one talking about the walk on qb Casey Marksberry? He proved himself to be the backup. That kid stunned and shined. Had everyone impressed.

Back