What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Steven Montez is the ****

You had me and then I read the last sentence. Hmmm.

You seem decidedly concerned about this game. Ordinarily, I would attribute that to just the annual, "I have a bad feeling about the RMS" sentiment, but you don't seem like that sort. What gives? I admit I don't know much about CSU's squad heading into this year, but if our defense truly struggles with their offense, that does not portend well for the season.

You seem decidedly concerned about this game. Ordinarily, I would attribute that to just the annual, "I have a bad feeling about the RMS" sentiment, but you don't seem like that sort. What gives? I admit I don't know much about CSU's squad heading into this year, but if our defense truly struggles with their offense, that does not portend well for the season.
I may have the first person to say that the Rams make me nervous in 2017. They will score a lot of points this season. They are a very dangerous opponent.

That said, I think if you play this game 100 times the Buff win 80% of the time and cover the 7 points in more than half of the contests. But this is not a game we should look at as a walk over.

They have some talented offensive players going against a defense which will be a work in progress for a while in 2017. Not a great combo for an opening game, but I think it will not mean a whole lot come November, provided we win.

When u look at the PAC12 and the QBs they've produced, regardless of NFL success, CU never comes close. Fouts, Rodgers, Leaf, Goff, Leinert, Luck, Elway, Mariota, Bledsoe, Moon, Plummer, Aikman etc. No one at CU would ever be mentioned w those names.

When u look at the PAC12 and the QBs they've produced, regardless of NFL success, CU never comes close. Fouts, Rodgers, Leaf, Goff, Leinert, Luck, Elway, Mariota, Bledsoe, Moon, Plummer, Aikman etc. No one at CU would ever be mentioned w those names.

Yet.

And I have a hard time including Goff, Luck, and Mariota in that group as well.

Mariota has breakout QB written all over him IMO plus he has a Heisman to his name. Luck and especially Goff stick out, yes, but they're #1 overall draft picks.

Ryan Leaf? Dude was a disater as a pro. Career passer rating of 50.0. 14 TDs, 36 INTs.

Koy's career college passing rating was 148.9. Leaf's was 141.4. If Koy was a little bigger he would have been a Pro Bowler. He could sling it.

Ryan Leaf? Dude was a disater as a pro. Career passer rating of 50.0. 14 TDs, 36 INTs.

Koy's career college passing rating was 148.9. Leaf's was 141.4. If Koy was a little bigger he would have been a Pro Bowler. He could sling it.
Good stats...but I did say "regardless of NFL success". Fact is most people know about Leaf...the only thing people know about Koy is his brother.

Hessler had a ridiculously talented team that he played with in 95, and he did well by them. We probably had no shot against the nubs that year, and Skippy blew it against KU with ****ty coaching.

When he came back as the starter in 1997, the Skippy malaise had started. That was still a very talented team, but looking back, we should have known that Skippy needed to go. That was such a poorly coached team. I have no idea what UW was thinking, but they did us a favor by taking Skippy off our hands.

The game is just so different now. I wish I could've played in the offenses they use. Most of the time, my ass was blocking. I'd get my chances but not like these guys do now.

Hagan never lost to Nebraska or Oklahoma or the Big 8 for that matter.
Very true, that's what you play for. I had to record the 1994 game against Nebraska, wasn't happy when I watched it. I believe Hagan had something Kordell didn't. Actually, that's unfair. Kordell got it after time and Hagan had a pretty damn good teacher. Not just talking about Mac.

Last edited:
Csu worries me, but that happens every year. I have just seen this game go the opposite way it was "supposed" to go so many times for both sides. We should win, but CSU has talent on offense. Phil Steele picked the Rams to win the MWC and be a contender for a Nee Years Day bowl

Csu worries me, but that happens every year. I have just seen this game go the opposite way it was "supposed" to go so many times for both sides. We should win, but CSU has talent on offense. Phil Steele picked the Rams to win the MWC and be a contender for a Nee Years Day bowl
Holee-****! It's Leash!

Good to hear from you man!

Yep. In the past, even when we shouldn't have and even when the players and coaches said all the right words, we've come out and played lackadaisically. Maybe it's the "bully syndrome" (I'm making this up) where we think we're bad asses then get punched in the nose by the little guy.

Yep. In the past, even when we shouldn't have and even when the players and coaches said all the right words, we've come out and played lackadaisically. Maybe it's the "bully syndrome" (I'm making this up) where we think we're bad asses then get punched in the nose by the little guy.
2009 haunts us all.

Back