What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Steven Montez is the ****

Love the confidence and the way he just rattles off the teamates and what they can do. He exudes confidence...def what you want in a QB. I think the playing time he got last season is really going to bode well for him. If this would be his first start I'd be pretty nervous...but the way we've seen him play already puts me much more at ease. Lots of returning starters on offense definitely makes the transition easier for a new starting qb. Next Friday can't get here fast enough.

Montana State was worse, 95 Kansas was worse.

Thankfully I was out of town for the Montana St. game. Unfortunately I was at the Sacramento St game. 95 KU did suck, forgot about that one.

The '09 CSU game is where I, and many others, realized Hawk was full of ****. That was the 10 wins and no excuses season, and leaving Folsom that night I think most knew we'd be searching for a new coach after Thanksgiving. Well at least we should have been.

Yup. It was the 2009 CSU game that exposed Hawkins as a total fraud. Up until then, his folksy catch phrases like "get your horns out" and "work on the little things" were somewhat endearing. After that, it was clear that the guy had absolutely no idea what he was doing.

Yup. It was the 2009 CSU game that exposed Hawkins as a total fraud. Up until then, his folksy catch phrases like "get your horns out" and "work on the little things" were somewhat endearing. After that, it was clear that the guy had absolutely no idea what he was doing.
refresh my memory. was that the same season as @Kansas or was it after

Kansas was 2010. 2009 ended with Mike Bohn not being allowed to fire Hawkins.
Yep. And that CSU game exposed him. Team was totally flat, eventually woke up, came back, and if the refs hadn't dropped the ball on an obvious helmet-to-helmet targeting of Scotty, CU would have likely escaped with a win.

The cherry on top, of course, was Bohn agreeing to move the CSU game to a Sunday and also agree to an opponent change for week 2 along with moving that game to a Friday. So we not only got to see the team **** the bed against CSU, but then have a 5 day turnaround for the next game -- which was on the road so had a practice day lost to travel on top of everything. So we ended up getting to see our Buffs with dead legs get completely worked by frikin Toledo.

3-9 in a season with a team that had enough talent to beat Texas A&M and play Oklahoma within 3 points on the road. But the coach doesn't get fired. Disgusting.

Kansas was 2010. 2009 ended with Mike Bohn not being allowed to fire Hawkins.

The financial crisis was still pretty fresh and buying out a football coach for $3 Million wouldn't have been the most popular move. The stupid thing about that was the next season Hawk's buyout was $2 Million and they still had to pay him close to a million to coach the '10 season, so that had to be a wash. Then consider the money lost in season ticket sales, etc etc. From a financial perspective the Georgia game @ Folsom in '10 couldn't have come at a better time.

The financial crisis was still pretty fresh and buying out a football coach for $3 Million wouldn't have been the most popular move. The stupid thing about that was the next season Hawk's buyout was $2 Million and they still had to pay him close to a million to coach the '10 season, so that had to be a wash. Then consider the money lost in season ticket sales, etc etc. From a financial perspective the Georgia game @ Folsom in '10 couldn't have come at a better time.
And we were forced to hire on the cheap at that point so we got 2 years of Embree. A year earlier, who knows who we could/would have hired.

Gawd those were dark times! So glad we have RG and MM at the helm...times are much better in BuffLand!

I'm 43 years old. I've heard so many athlete interviews that I can't stand listening to most of them anymore. It's usually the same boring clichés over and over. Not with Montez. Funny, cocky, likable and frank. The interviews are only going to get better as he starts backing up the talk with his play. Maybe one day he'll mobbed by pro reporters looking for a quote the way Shannon Sharpe was back in the day.

Darian was a Heisman candidate as a sophomore. It could happen again with the weapons Montez has. Can't wait to see what they can do!

Last edited:
Back