What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student tickets for KU game

yeesh. is all the goodwill and student involvement that bohn spent 8 years building up going to evaporate in less than 3 months?

Hopefully the people who are selecting College GameDay aren't paying attention to some of our wonderful students right now.

yeesh. is all the goodwill and student involvement that bohn spent 8 years building up going to evaporate in less than 3 months?
I don't think Bohn spent 8 years building it up, he got lucky with Tad, Bzdelik pretty much dictated his own terms for coming here (I give Bohn/admin credit for approving it). I think once we play KU, we'll see fans the show up. It's just a shame we don't have what we had last year when even the cupcake games we're great atmospheres.

I don't think Bohn spent 8 years building it up, he got lucky with Tad, Bzdelik pretty much dictated his own terms for coming here (I give Bohn/admin credit for approving it). I think once we play KU, we'll see fans the show up. It's just a shame we don't have what we had last year when even the cupcake games we're great atmospheres.

He's referencing the subsidized trips to LA, the NCAA Tournament, etc. Bohn did a lot to reach out to students despite never doing anything about the Argus Gestapo making students wait in 30 minute lines to get in the stadium.

It's backfiring now. Instead of reacting with a feeling of responsibility when given a lot of props, goodies and respect... the students have taken the attitude that they're entitled to being treated like they're something special even if they're not showing up in numbers and loud.

He's referencing the subsidized trips to LA, the NCAA Tournament, etc. Bohn did a lot to reach out to students despite never doing anything about the Argus Gestapo making students wait in 30 minute lines to get in the stadium.
yea. bohn actually worked with the students and talked to them, despite his absolute blindness to other things. not sure that's going to happen anymore. who knows how rg (much less the students) will react to this episode.

Luckily our competition for hosting is a mediocre NIT level team that is lucky to draw 5k.
I think we'll get it, assuming we do as well we're supposed to as does UofA. I think the attendance issue will be a tiebreaker if it comes down to it. I think being an hour ahead of Stanford helps as well. It's just been disappointing compared to last year. I don't think tonight really matters but it can't help, but I didn't like the backlash. The announced attendance(not just students) was 3,501. Have to think there's more than 500 tickets available. Still fans will be disappointed who don't get tickets and they'll have no one but themselves to blame for not showing up tonight (assuming they didn't have a test or a real academic commitment).

yea. bohn actually worked with the students and talked to them, despite his absolute blindness to other things. not sure that's going to happen anymore. who knows how rg (much less the students) will react to this episode.

I hope RG opens a tent at 5am on the South Campus to get in line for tickets from now on.

Yeah he was great in that aspect. Very good with the band as well.

We're a what have you done for me lately society... those students don't really care especially if they never went on one of those trips. I wish Bohn had done the subsidized trips when I was there, but not complaining now, anything to help us win.

Guessing they don't do this again, I don't think they saw this backfiring like it did. Next promotion -- sit in the cold for days at a time, like real marquee programs. So they can understand seeing a competitive women's program play another competitive women's program isn't the hell it's being made out to be.

It's backfiring now. Instead of reacting with a feeling of responsibility when given a lot of props, goodies and respect... the students have taken the attitude that they're entitled to being treated like they're something special even if they're not showing up in numbers and loud.
Probably part of the danger of doing that kind of thing. Kids will continue to think they'll be pampered. Bet many of the same people complaining haven't been to a single game yet this year.

Guessing they don't do this again, I don't think they saw this backfiring like it did. Next promotion -- sit in the cold for days at a time, like real marquee programs. So they can understand seeing a competitive women's program play another competitive women's program isn't the hell it's being made out to be.
twas ****ty messaging and apparently ****tier execution that made this a boondoggle. and a horrible ****ty reaction by the students. ****ed up all around.

I think we'll get it, assuming we do as well we're supposed to as does UofA. I think the attendance issue will be a tiebreaker if it comes down to it. I think being an hour ahead of Stanford helps as well. It's just been disappointing compared to last year. I don't think tonight really matters but it can't help, but I didn't like the backlash. The announced attendance(not just students) was 3,501. Have to think there's more than 500 tickets available. Still fans will be disappointed who don't get tickets and they'll have no one but themselves to blame for not showing up tonight (assuming they didn't have a test or a real academic commitment).

Should get it. Arizona is very appealing this year as a top 10 team, UCLA is not on their level and we could potentially be top 25 ourselves. Our game likely has big conference title implications. And our atmosphere here certainly outdoes Maples.

twas ****ty messaging and apparently ****tier execution that made this a boondoggle. and a horrible ****ty reaction by the students. ****ed up all around.
I'm not blaming the administration here, knowing what they know now, they probably wouldn't have done it. Like I said if the option is camping out for days in the freezing cold or going to a wbb game for two hours, aren't most people picking the latter? I don't think students realize how good they have it.

Should get it. Arizona is very appealing this year as a top 10 team, UCLA is not on their level and we could potentially be top 25 ourselves. Our game likely has big conference title implications. And our atmosphere here certainly outdoes Maples.
My major concern is that UCLA is well UCLA... a major brand. But for the reasons you listed, I feel pretty good about our chances.

As a freshmen and a longtime buff bball fan I must say I was embarrassed tonight. This whole thing felt like a sham to me... the students were extremely rude, not only to the administration trying to keep things safe , but to the women on both teams who played a hell of a game.

As a freshmen and a longtime buff bball fan I must say I was embarrassed tonight. This whole thing felt like a sham to me... the students were extremely rude, not only to the administration trying to keep things safe , but to the women on both teams who played a hell of a game.
Some people can't just appreciate things for what they are. You always hear snarky comments about women's basketball.

Some people can't just appreciate things for what they are. You always hear snarky comments about women's basketball.

My wife thinks WBB is unwatchable. I get it. I find other women's sports such as volleyball, soccer and lacrosse much more viewer friendly.

But I also love sports, love competition, appreciate it for what it is, love basketball in general, and support the Buffs. Plus, one nice thing about going to WBB games is that there are a lot of smart basketball fans who have been loyal since the Ceal days and know their ****. That core fan base is awesome and an absolute pleasure to watch a game with.

Anyway, put all that to the side. Some people need to grow up and learn to be respectful. Bunch of stoner punks whose height of athletic achievement has been to almost catch a frisbee, but they belittle scholarship athletes.

Frisbees are awesome. Doubt many of those kids deign to be so uncool as to play frisbee.

My wife thinks WBB is unwatchable. I get it. I find other women's sports such as volleyball, soccer and lacrosse much more viewer friendly.

But I also love sports, love competition, appreciate it for what it is, love basketball in general, and support the Buffs. Plus, one nice thing about going to WBB games is that there are a lot of smart basketball fans who have been loyal since the Ceal days and know their ****. That core fan base is awesome and an absolute pleasure to watch a game with.

Anyway, put all that to the side. Some people need to grow up and learn to be respectful. Bunch of stoner punks whose height of athletic achievement has been to almost catch a frisbee, but they belittle scholarship athletes.
Only one I'd rank ahead of basketball as more viewing friendly is soccer. I'm not a huge volleyball fan though. Is there any question, tennis is the most viewing friendly?

I think that's the key, don't go to a women's game, think you'll be seeing a LeBron or Kobe-like performance; same way you wouldn't go to most high school games and expecting that.

Ain't that the truth. The very people making snarky comments probably didn't even play high school sports.

So was getting 2k students to go to a game they wouldn't otherwise go to considered a success? I wonder how many who went tonight for the first time will attend another wbb game this year? That's the true measure to me.

I hope RG opens a tent at 5am on the South Campus to get in line for tickets from now on.

That's what I don't think this segment of entitled douchebags has yet to comprehend. There isn't some alternative of just letting them have KU tickets while they rip bongs and jack off on their cheeto-stained couches. The alternative is lining up for 15 hours starting at 5am, or even camping out for a few days. We've heard plenty of "Oh, I have bong practice at 6:00 and can't make the UCSB game" "Oh, I have to take a few selfies at 7:00 and can't make the game", so surely sitting in line for all day or even a few days would take far more out of their busy schedules than attending a game for 2 hours on a Wednesday night.

This. I just got back. It was so embarrassing. The whole thing I felt was uncomfortable. The students were just making fun of the girls who I actually enjoyed watching play. They play hard fundamental basketball that is lost in the men's game. And this entitled vibe that the students are giving off isn't just tonight, it is all the time. It pisses me off.

This. I just got back. It was so embarrassing. The whole thing I felt was uncomfortable. The students were just making fun of the girls who I actually enjoyed watching play. They play hard fundamental basketball that is lost in the men's game. And this entitled vibe that the students are giving off isn't just tonight, it is all the time. It pisses me off.

Unfortunately the entitled Cali-douche is a breed that CU will never be without. Disgusting behavior, but unfortunately all too predictable. The real world beckons in a year or two...

Back