What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student tickets for KU game

Like I said earlier, good idea but bad execution.

What they did last year worked out fine where students had a 9 hr period to pick up tickets over two days

Like I said earlier, good idea but bad execution.

What they did last year worked out fine where students had a 9 hr period to pick up tickets over two days
Yeah except they are trying to capitalize on their success in the men's program and parlay that with lesser-attended sports.

Old fans itt telling students not to bitch: 15
Same fans going to Iowa wbb game tonight. Likely 0.
Same fans required essentially required to attend game for KU tix. 0

Old Fans Holding near $1,000 worth of season tickets? everyone in the first 10 rows
Old Fans Donating to have the right to buy seats? Many
Old Fans paying as much or more than the students for tickets? All Of them

Life sucks some times you get inconvenienced. Welcome to the big-time.

Yeah except they are trying to capitalize on their success in the men's program and parlay that with lesser-attended sports.

There are other ways to accomplish this. And I'm not sure how this turned into a dick measuring contest of how much people donate or spend... or why that matters anyway.

When pro teams make the playoffs they dont make you go to a minor league game to get tickets

There are other ways to accomplish this. And I'm not sure how this turned into a dick measuring contest of how much people donate or spend... or why that matters anyway.

When pro teams make the playoffs they dont make you go to a minor league game to get tickets

They do make you pay for preseason games, though.

That line was huge to get in. I had a backpack. Was told I can't bring it in so I drop it off in my car. Wait in line again without the backpack and suddenly they are letting them in. I was not happy.

I think the donations and spending were just a logical reply to your "old fans" attempt at a MasterCard commercial.

The minor league pro teams aren't usually owned by the major league pro teams - just usually associated with them.

Last edited:
That line was huge to get in. I had a backpack. Was told I can't bring it in so I drop it off in my car. Wait in line again without the backpack and suddenly they are letting them in. I was not happy.

Aren't you supposed to be studying?

Actually when pro teams make the playoffs, they generally try to capitalize on it after offering tickets to their STHs, they will sell postseason tickets to non-STHs with the purchase of buying a ticket package for the following year.

I think the donations and spending were just a logical reply to your "old fans" attempt at a MasterCard commercial.

The minor league pro teams aren't usually owned by the major league pro teams - just usually associated with them.

Its an analogy. Like buying the 10 game pack with the Red wings then after the fact they decide you cant go to the Red wing game unless you go to another game of their chosing

Its an analogy. Like buying the 10 game pack with the Red wings then after the fact they decide you cant go to the Red wing game unless you go to another game of their chosing
apples, oranges. do they sell more 10 game pack tickets where your seat isn't guaranteed?

Really?

I know, I was just trying to annoy you since we had you on the ropes.

Had?

I've met slider and like him, but this "outrage" over the women's game thing is bull****.

BTW my extra seats (4together) for KU still havent sold at a 30% discount from stub hub to the awesome CU fan contingent.

the Rockies do all kinds of bull**** on opening day. mini-packs, have to buy other games, etc. I get bent over for the opening day ticket, go to the game, spend 90% of the time in the sandlot and then toss the tickets I had to buy for other game(s)

the Rockies do all kinds of bull**** on opening day. mini-packs, have to buy other games, etc. I get bent over for the opening day ticket, go to the game, spend 90% of the time in the sandlot and then toss the tickets I had to buy for other game(s)
Orioles do Opening Day packages as well, that's the way I got those tickets a few years ago. I had to buy tickets to 5 games in April/May, and here's the killer, they couldn't include the Red Sox/Yankees since those are "prime games." This practice is pretty normal, contrary to some what think.

Speak of the devil - just got offered net-net 900 for 4 tickets to KU -> time to man up buffs fans and students, put your money and time where your indignation is.

Or is going to a 2.5 hour game just too hard.

Orioles do Opening Day packages as well, that's the way I got those tickets a few years ago. I had to buy tickets to 5 games in April/May, and here's the killer, they couldn't include the Red Sox/Yankees since those are "prime games." This practice is pretty normal, contrary to some what think.

Except you know about that policy prior to buying your tickets. BTW I'm not "outraged" I just think it's a stupid idea.

Except you know about that policy prior to buying your tickets. BTW I'm not "outraged" I just think it's a stupid idea.
You countered with pro teams making you buy minor league tickets. While that kind of thing doesn't happen because they are usually under different ownership and it's a proximity issue. Making you do more to get a marquee ticket is nothing new. And students had a week plus. They should've given more notice, OK... but nothing was going to change. As someone pointed out if they had announced this 3 months ago, nothing really would've changed. Would someone had rearranged their class schedule so they wouldn't have an exam tonight... probably not!

Back