What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Takeaways from the Rocky Mountain Beatdown

quarterback-sefo-liufau-of-the-colorado-buffaloes-hoists-the-trophy-picture-id598759632

I have visions of us beating CSU by 2+ scores in each of the next 3 meetings to close out the series

Being fairly new to the forums still, is having bad ideas and/or vague takes and then beating them into the ground a common in season thing or is it because we won and it's bringing posters out of hiding?

You haven't seen anything yet! Wait for it! Wait for it!

Being fairly new to the forums still, is having bad ideas and/or vague takes and then beating them into the ground a common in season thing or is it because we won and it's bringing posters out of hiding?

You should read Mtn's posts. Sometimes they are great, and short... but other times they can also be horrible and long... but sometimes they can be short and horrible and other times they can be long and great.... hmmm

You should read Mtn's posts. Sometimes they are great, and short... but other times they can also be horrible and long... but sometimes they can be short and horrible and other times they can be long and great.... hmmm

They are always great, just sometimes past the understanding of many of the 35 year olds here.

Reactions: dio

I'm familiar with Mtn's posts. I think he's used more words in one post than Duff has in a year. Not a knock on either, because they both have good stuff most of the time, especially when it's bickering with each other.

It's funny how after reading so many posts from people, you come up with an idea of how you think they look. It makes me wonder if I really want to actually meet anyone on here in person at sackygate or wherever and ruin the awesome assumptions I have.

I'm familiar with Mtn's posts. I think he's used more words in one post than Duff has in a year. Not a knock on either, because they both have good stuff most of the time, especially when it's bickering with each other.

It's funny how after reading so many posts from people, you come up with an idea of how you think they look. It makes me wonder if I really want to actually meet anyone on here in person at sackygate or wherever and ruin the awesome assumptions I have.
contrary to the board's belief, i am very good looking.

Going back into the archives. We did an Allbuffs Celebrity Doppelgänger thread to help bridge the gap between imagination and reality. Enjoy.

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/allbuffs-celebrity-dopplegangers.106387/page-2

I think it's that we've got such a great history at TE in this program with Graham, Embree, Fauria, Klopfenstein, etc. So there's that foundation with the fans of knowing what a weapon the TE can be in the pass game to move the chains and exploit the deep middle seams -- which is an opportunity CU hasn't been exploiting much.

Throw in that we kind of expected more TE usage with MacIntyre/Lindgren due to what they did at San Jose State and it's kind of confusing.

For me, it is continued red zone struggles. There does not seem to be much of a coherent thought process inside the 20.

For me, it is continued red zone struggles. There does not seem to be much of a coherent thought process inside the 20.
To be fair, "throw **** at the wall and see what sticks" can be considered a coherent thought process for some people.

I think execution was the bigger redzone problem, Sefo missed an easy touchdown, and Fields missed a block which prevented a touchdown.
Agreed. I had no problems with play calling in the red zone against CSU. Player execution was really the only thing that held the offense back, IMO.

I think execution was the bigger redzone problem, Sefo missed an easy touchdown, and Fields missed a block which prevented a touchdown.
He had JayMac wide open and threw a skip-pass. I assume that is the one you are talking about.

Rewatched the game and wasn't as impressed with OL run blocking the 2nd time around. We came out fast. We also ran right thru them in the 4Q, but CSU had quit.

Between those two time periods, the run game was stalling quite a bit and that's when Sefo was running to keep things alive. The QB keepers were effective but the RB plays not so much.

Last edited:
agree about the redzone ^ ^ Do not understand why we don't at least go to a JUMBO type package? or Tall receivers to the back of the end zone or even a tight-end pass.
In Pac play we can not line up and run QB keepers up the middle every time.
Also agree the Sefo was ran to many times. Have to get that run game going consistently.
The speed of the offense has a great advantage by keeping the D running sideline to sideline spreading the field and winding them. That will work wonders for our home games and expose the conditioning of our competition.

Normally this game is as focused and emotionally high as CSU gets all year, this is the big game in their schedule.

Even when they lose by fairly close margins they can excuse themselves into thinking that a couple breaks, an officials call, etc. would have made them winners.

This year they won't have that. They came in emotionally high but were flat out dominated from the first play until CU called off the dogs in the second half. At no time and in no way can it be said that CSU was even competitive in the game.

Does this years beating carry over to next year causing them to question if they have a real chance to win the game? Do they get pumped up again next thinking this was an aberration only to have CU stuff a couple drives down them bursting the bubble again and making them emotionally quit?

We need to finish off the remaining games of this series in similar beatdown fashion. Take away any illusion that CSU and CU are in any way comparable programs. Make it a game that CSU fans don't want to see and don't want to be reminded of.

Back