What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: At this hour

But why would he do that? He's the one with all the leverage...

Re: Money is an object

DBT just admit that the only reason you want Hawk to stay is so you can continue to suck him off every night
Ok YOU MOTHER ****ING PIECE OF ****. GO TO ****ING HELL YOU LITTLE WHINEY ASSED PIECE OF ****. YOU STEPPED OVER THE ****ING LINE, ASSHOLE!!!!

I realize that this sounds naive in the business world, but is their any chance that they could not get who they wanted and that person or others may become available next year? Maybe they didn't want to incur the expense of replacing Hawkins with someone of the same caliber.

Not having the perfect replacement lined up would certainly be a factor.

Re: Dan Hawkins Show on 850 KOA right now

Hawk comparing OSUs backup quarterback to Barry Sanders? Now Hawk referring to himself in the 3rd person. Hawk a half-full guy, whatever that means. Certainly he is full of himself. Slip of tongue, referring to Tyler as Cody.

Half-full is a recurring theme lately.

Half-empty= pessismist, looks for the worst.
Half-full = optimist, looks for the positives in any situation

But why would he do that? He's the one with all the leverage...

Because it's more about ego and proving himself at this point. If he fails, let's say he leaves with $2 million instead of $3 million. Are he and Misti going to be in a bread line? Not at all. They've already made more money in their lifetime than they ever dreamed of. It's not about the money except as he's able to use it as leverage, imho.

Re: OK, lets start taking names. How about an accountable poll?

I thought about the third category, but figured that is where everyone would vote. It would be an easy cop out. I'm sick of people saying "If he stays, I'm done!!!!" Well, if thats the way you feel, prove it. None of that, "Well, yeah, I said that, but didn't mean it" stuff.

How the hell would that 3rd category be a cop out? It obviously makes the most sense to a few of us here, myself included.

If you want a real example of a cop out, look no further than CU retaining Hawkins for another year (if that's what ends up happening, as expected....)

The fact that someone over Bohn's head made the decision makes me wonder just how many times that has happened.. i.e. the CSU series? The Miami (Ohio)/Toledo debacle?

I realize that this sounds naive in the business world, but is their any chance that they could not get who they wanted and that person or others may become available next year? Maybe they didn't want to incur the expense of replacing Hawkins with someone of the same caliber.

Except that we are on the Dan Hawkins hook for 3 more years. :cry: We pay regardless.

Again. Nothing is official at this moment. Keep yourselves in check.

I'm not saying the money isn't there. I'm just saying that, given ALL the economic decisions they would have to make, maybe THEY think that buying out Hawkins at this point is not the best way to go.

I'm arguing that this is what THE ADMIN THINKS. Why the hell do you people think I'M the bad guy. You guys are so blind with anger, you do not look at the BIG PICTURE here. Decisions at this level are not made easily. It is easy to make the decision on a God damned message board.

The assumption with that point of view is that the admin wanted him gone, but didn't think the cost-benefit was worth it. However, if a private donor, or donors, was willing to contribute the money specifically for that purpose to the athletic deparment, thus removing the "cost" part of the equation to the University and the Athletic Department.

So in that scenario, from the Universities perspective, money WAS NOT an object. The donor might have not been willing to contribute the funds under any other circumstance so you can't say that they could direct the funds to other uses.

Re: AD questions.

Keep in mind we do not know the contents of tommorows announcement.

To go along with the theme I'd say that MB just got violated in a public manner by his bosses. And in a way that may render him completely ineffective as AD forever. Consider this; He had to have had their blessing to work the boosters for money to buy out Hawkins all these weeks. Your not going to go around asking for the money only to end up giving it back. That kind of back handed bait and switch crap has consequences. If what was alleged here that DiStefano and Benson met with Hawkins behind Bohns back is true then I'd look for another job. In fact, I'd announce my resignation tommorow.

:congrats:

I would love to see Bohn do that!

Re: OK, lets start taking names. How about an accountable poll?

I'll never abandon ship, no matter what the hell happens....CU is where I graduated from, spent 4 of the best years of my life at, and have enjoyed many many amazing Saturday afternoons at.....no dip**** coach could ever change my feelings towards the university & their teams.

Half-full is a recurring theme lately.

Half-empty= pessismist, looks for the worst.
Half-full = optimist, looks for the positives in any situation

Gotcha. But what is Hawk half-full of? Is he the glass or the water? I can never understand this guy. Worse than listening to a quarterly conference call, lots of talking in circles.

What did Hawk just say, "I can talk to much." Really?

I think the University will get a good taste of "financial woes" in the upcoming year. I have to believe donations / tickets / etc. will fall straight in the tank this next year.

Re: Bohn To Announce Hawkins' Fate Tomorrow (Thursday)

Maybe Cody will have another shot to start at QB

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wish I could laugh at that too, but I think there will be an Open Competition for the QB job next year. Hawkins has no shame and no class. He's an ignorant rube from Idaho that talks in cliches he gets from pop psychology books.

Zimmer has no energy for this. seems. Hawk is a such a hip lingo sort of guy.

Re: Paging Pissbomber ..... What Are You Hearing ?

If true - just 'wow'.

5 yrs before we field another winning FB team?

Which makes a lot of this speculation boil down to two things.

1. The speculation is wrong
2. There is a missing piece we do not know about

If the speculation is indeed correct, which I fear it is, then what makes you think that some piece is missing? You don't think it's plausible that Bohn was overridden by DiStefano? I do.

Which makes a lot of this speculation boil down to two things.

1. The speculation is wrong
2. There is a missing piece we do not know about

I'mma thinkin' that the piece is DiStefano. I will support this program no matter what though, I will always support CU. I would also support Bohn resigning at this point.

Re: Do you agree with the decision to retain Hawk for another year?

NO F-in way!!! I wanted him gone last year, this is total Bullscheisse

hmmm...

if this is true, it means the chancellor believes that a successful athletic program is not an important aspect of being a world class university, correct?

that doesn't quite fit with the ads about the university that i see at halftime during nationally broadcast football games...

or the ads i see on the scoreboard during the games...

something ain't quite right here....

It means they've done their own calculations and they honestly don't believe it will be more expensive to keep Hawkins. Benson, in particular, is a bottom-line guy. That's the whole reason he was brought in.

I said this awhile back, and I'll repeat it: these guys will do nothing until they actually look out at Folsom on a Saturday afternoon and see 20,000 empty seats. Insipid e-mail "campaigns" and idle threats of not renewing your season tix will have no effect. Nothing will happen until they ACTUALLY SEE THE EMPTY SEATS.

The catch-22 is that if you choose to stay home and not support this crap, you get accused of being a "bad fan". :huh:

First of all, how much does Bohn make? Second, why the hell even have an AD if you wont let him make the descisions of an AD? If what has been said is true, Id tell the CU administration to go **** themselves and resign.

Exactamundo....if I was AD, and some know nothing dude like DiStefino started stepping all over my job, I'd fight for whatever the hell I thought needed to be done...and if I was told "No", I'd definitely tell my boss to take a flying leap & good luck playing interim AD for awhile.

Interesting that they've completely ignored the coaching situation thus far. :rolleyes: (Unless it was discussed early on, I missed the first 10 minutes).

Hawk does seem a little more upbeat than normal. :huh:

Back