What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

So This Is What It feels Like To Be Ass ****ed

what a disaster-

I'd love to believe CU can come out in 2010 and win 7 or 8 games but who am I kidding ? They could easily start the season 1-5 :cry:
At that point this whole thing will implode and we could see 37K- 38K in the stands for Baylor and will be where we are today but in worse shape.

The 'death watch' for Hawk will not end and each week the topic will come up. Does CU need to win 5 games ? 6 games ? or does 3 or 4 do the trick like this season ?

I enjoy football too much and won't give up my seat but I'll be damned...
not another cent will be going to CU.

**** YOU Di Stefano !!!

Re: Will there be staff changes if hawk stays?

I think they definitely will. No doubt in my mind.

As for the coordinator thing. I have another hypothesis. What if they told Hawkins, "We will keep you on IF you take (insert name, Eric Bienemy, say) as your offensive coordinator."

Could that be possible? I'm sure, if he stays, that there are stipulations.

At this point in time I have no idea or faith anyone to do the right thing. As for your scenario, it's as good a guess as any of them out there.

Re: Money is an object

Stop telling people how to think. Quit acting like the "allbuffs victim" after every 1,000 threads you start.

Hawk lover

He has every bit as much right to tell people what to think as you have to tell people what to say. Or to call them names.

DBT has said repeatedly he is fine if Hawk goes. He is NOT the issue here.

Re: OK, lets start taking names. How about an accountable poll?

I'm sticking around like herpes.

Re: So This Is What It feels Like To Be Ass ****ed

6 minutes left in the show, let's talk about the Huskers.

oops, wrong thread.

I'm coming to the same conclusion, DBT. Maybe the money was never there. Maybe it evaporated. Or maybe it's just the polotics of spending it on buying out a football coach. Guys like Benson and PD are spending all day every day trying to make their budgets work these days. If Hawk presented them with a way of avoiding the expenditure of paying 2 coaches next year, I could see where they would jump all over it, even if you do believe they really care about winning athletics programs (I'm very skeptical of that...)

Where the withhold your money crowd makes a great point is the fact that those guys may make a very different evaluation next year if they are looking at $2 million dollars less in revenue from the football program next year. The thing about being a fan is that it is much easier to say that than do it....:huh:
As I said in another post somewhere: If they keep him, they are taking a huge gamble that he turns it around quickly. If he wins the first two games, the fans will stay. If he loses the first two, syanara.

Re: Dan Hawkins Show on 850 KOA right now

6 minutes left in the show, let's talk about the Huskers.

Last edited:
Re: At this hour

I think you guys are right on target. I believe the decision to get rid of him was made then they started looking for replacements that we could "afford" and came up with very little. So is it worth spending $6+ million it would take to complete the coaching change overhaul? I think they will save a boat load of money by keeping him.

Further, I think Hawkins probably said something like he would renegotiate his buyout in exchange for another year. I think he believes that he can win and they are on their way.

As I said in another post somewhere: If they keep him, they are taking a huge gamble that he turns it around quickly. If he wins the first two games, the fans will stay. If he loses the first two, syanara.

And the reason we're all so pissed is that it's very, very hard to think they'll suddenly win those first two games with him as a coach.

I think this decision turns out to be disastrously short sighted on the part of the administration. I think it might very well leave them looking for a football coach and an athletic director in a year. If so, DiStefano is going to find himself the next person on the hot seat with the regents, I would guess...

Canacky game? Have you been coaching them to play this way all season? Is this, as you would say, "outside the box"?

Canacky Rules​

1. Teams get only 4 downs to score. There are no first downs in canacky.

2. In those 4 downs, players may run or pass the ball at anytime and at any place on the field until a touchdown is scored.

3. All kickoffs begin at the midfield cones. The ball must be kicked in some fashion. Offsides on the kickoff will result in a penalty. Kicking the ball out of bounds untouched on the kick-off will result in a penalty.

4. There are no onside kicks in canacky. You must give the receiving team an opportunity to run the ball back. Defense may not touch the ball on the kickoffs.

5. Players may throw the ball laterally, forward. Sideways etc.

6. Play continues until there is an incomplete pass, fumble, touchdown, safety or a dropped ball on the snap to the QB. Once the ball hits the ground, it is a dead ball. No fumbles in canacky.

7. Defense must 2 hand touch the player with the ball usually on the upper back (students are to appropriate as to where they place there hands on the offensive player).

8. The line of scrimmage is marked from where the passer threw the incomplete pass. It is not where the passer ends up after he throws the ball. Defensive players need to be cognizant of where the ball was thrown.

9. When a touchdown is scored, the offensive team must attempt the (pat) point(s) after touchdown. If the team is going for 1 PAT, the ball is placed on the 5 yard line. If the team is going for 2 PAT, the ball is placed on the 10 yard line. The offensive team must throw the ball forward at least one time behind the line of scrimmage. After that, players can run or pass the ball until they either score or fail to score. If the defensive team intercepts the PAT, they can run or pass the ball to his teammates until a player scores in his end zone. Players on defense cannot automatically give points freely to the offensive team. If this happens, the offensive team is awarded 4 points and the defensive team players lose 10 points off their grade.

10. No fumbles in canacky. Once the ball hits the ground it is dead. The only exception to this rule is on punts and kickoffs. The ball is live and may be picked up off the ground. If you drop the ball in an attempt to pick it up, the result would be a dead ball.

11. Everyone is eligible to catch a pass.

12. The team who scores walks to midfield and kicks the ball off. The receiving team stays at the end zone they just defended.

13. End zones go forever. However players must stay inside the sideline boundaries marked with cones or they are considered out of bounds.

14. On 4th down, the offensive team must tell the defensive team if they are punting or going for it. There are no fake punts. It is a free kick and the defensive team cannot rush the punter. The punter has 3 seconds to punt the ball. He may not delay in order to allow his team to run down the field and defend.

15. There is no straight arming or pushing arms away to avoid being tagged.

16. On an incomplete lateral (backwards) pass , the line of scrimmage is where the ball hits the ground, not where the pass was thrown from.

17. If players, either on offense or defense are offsides, it is a 5 yard penalty. Players must wait until the ball is snapped from the center position before they rush in. It is not when the QB says hike, it is when the ball is snapped. Teams can refuse the penalty if the outcome of the play is favorable.

18. There is to be absolutely no rough play during the game. This includes pushing, blocking in the back, tripping, kicking, tackling, etc. The result of this penalty is 10 yards and a loss of points.

19. The defensive team must yell out "one alligator, two alligator, 3 alligator 4 alligator go" before rushing in on three out of the 4 downs. One blitz is allowed where no counting is necessary. If a team has one more player than the other team, they may not blitz the entire games and must count the 4 alligators. Do not penetrate until you complete 4 alligators "go".

20. If an incomplete pass is thrown from the offensive team's end zone it is a safety. The defensive team is awarded 2 points and will receive the kickoff.

21. You may not delay the game. The offensive team has 30 seconds to get play off. Defensive team can start counting at the end of the previous play. (1-1000- 2 -1000-3 1000-4-1000 and so on up to 30.) Inability to do so will result in a 5 yard penalty.

22. If you slip and fall and your knee or body hits the ground, you are down.

23. When punts or kickoffs go into the end zone, players must put a knee down if they decide not to run the ball out or pass the ball out. If the defensive team touches you in the end zone without you putting your knee down, it is a safety and the defensive team is awarded 2 points. If the offensive player puts his knee down then it is a touch-back and the ball is placed on the 10 yard line.

24. There is no stripping the ball from the offensive player. Penalty for this infraction is 10 yards.

25. The defensive team only has 10 seconds to line up. Offensive team must count out loud "(1-1000 2-1000-3-1000 and so on up to 10.)" After counting to 10, the offensive team may proceed with thier play.

26. If the game ends in a tie at the end of the day sudden death will be initiated. Each team has 2 chances to break the tie. The ball is placed on the 10 yard line. The offensive team can run or pass in order to score. It is not like the PAT where you must pass it forward once behind the line of scrimmage. Each team gets equal number of opportunities. If one team scores on the first round of the sudden death and the other team fails to score the game is over. If both teams are still tied after 2 opportunities, both teams will get a win. No blitzing on the sudden death. Must count the 4 alligators.

27. No blitzing on the PAT's. The defensive team must count the 4 alligators. This is because the offensive team must pass it behind the line of scrimmage.

28. After each play the ball needs to be placed in middle of the field. This will give you more room to run and pass.

29. The team with the worst record will receive the kickoff to begin the game.

30. Only two players can blitz on that particular play the defense chooses to blitz on.

31. No center sneaks.

32. If the ball is dropped in the endzone in an attempt to catch it on the kick-off or punts, it is a touchback. The ball is placed on the 10 yard line. This is not a safety.

Re: So This Is What It feels Like To Be Ass ****ed

what a disaster-

I'd love to believe CU can come out in 2010 and win 7 or 8 games but who am I kidding ? They could easily start the season 1-5 :cry:
At that point this whole thing will implode and we could see 37K- 38K in the stands for Baylor and will be where we are today but in worse shape.

The 'death watch' for Hawk will not end and each week the topic will come up. Does CU need to win 5 games ? 6 games ? or does 3 or 4 do the trick like this season ?

I enjoy football too much and won't give up my seat but I'll be damned...
not another cent will be going to CU.

**** YOU Di Stefano !!!
Well said. We're in a total no-win situation now for the next year. I don't see how we win enough games to not be in this exact same situation next year with Hawk and now DiStephano running the titantic.

i didn't hear all of this but was basically nothing said????

i didn't hear all of this but was basically nothing said????

One caller congratulated him on the extension, but the hosts prompted stepped in & said that they weren't supposed to talk about that.

Re: Will there be staff changes if hawk stays?

My only hope now is that there will be staff changes. If not, this gets much, much worse.

With the news tomorrow and the potential for it getting ugly I will be moving all Hawkins related threads here.

We are playing canacky football Friday and will receive the ball to begin the game. See rule #29. We will have problems with rule #21.

AWESOME... thanks Matt.

because I am getting weary of checking them all and starting to yearn for Clark Evans jokes. Anything to break the monotony.

Re: AD questions.

I'm hoping that Bohn was brought in by telephone while he was in Maui and that in exchange for retaining Hawkins, thus reducing the political pressure on CU, Bohn and DiStefano were able to gain some extra AD support from the CU administration. And on Hawkins end, that they were able to get him to wager a smaller buyout against a chance for a successful 2010.

With the news tomorrow and the potential for it getting ugly I will be moving all Hawkins related threads here.

potential for it getting ugly ?

what do you call what's happening now ?

it's a done deal :cry:
Once KOA ... the 'flagship Dan Hawkins circle jerk station' leaked the info
I knew it was over (not over)

Bo (Bonita from Louisville) said congrats then was cut off by zim. then she said coach how do you assess recruits for your scheme (paraphrased). Hawk, that is a big question. Basically, I look for a "QUALITY BALANCE OF LIFE".

A Hawkism that leads us into 2010. I dread this recruiting season. I trust no recruit listened to this or will read it.

KOA just ran a news update saying Hawk is back for 2010.
Did you just hear the sound of the alumni and former players dropping their support of the CU Athletic program? The sound was overwhelming from down here in BF Texass.....

You've got to have something better to do with your Thanksgiving. :lol:

Bo (Bonita from Louisville) said congrats then was cut off by zim. then she said coach how do you assess recruits for your scheme (paraphrased). Hawk, that is a big question. Basically, I look for a "QUALITY BALANCE OF LIFE".

A Hawkism that leads us into 2010. I dread this recruiting season. I trust no recruit listened to this or will read it.
Recruiting season is over.....we will be dead last in the B12. Baylor is now better than us.

Re: If he is staying

You may be right. But there's been no indication that anyone is even looking around except for Spond. And that came out when it started looking like Hawkins was getting fired (and after we'd gotten the verbal from Munchie, another QB). So, it could be that we lose guys. But it could be that we land guys who were on the fence because they were unsure the coaches they'd developed relationships would be here next year. I guess we'll see how it plays out, but it's not all bad.

On Jones specifically, he has said that he has formed a bond with Hagan. He's been at the home game selling our official visitors hard during the past couple home games. I believe he's solid.
Hope you are right....I really want Danny to succeed....don't think it will happen.

Back