What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: Dan Hawkins Show on 850 KOA right now

Interesting that they've completely ignored the coaching situation thus far. :rolleyes: (Unless it was discussed early on, I missed the first 10 minutes).

Hawk does seem a little more upbeat than normal. :huh:

They did address it. Zim asked about it and Hawkins' response was "we really look forward to playing Nebraska." the point being it won't be addressed at all.

Re: AD questions.

If the speculation is indeed correct, which I fear it is, then what makes you think that some piece is missing? You don't think it's plausible that Bohn was overridden by DiStefano? I do.

Suppose for a moment this booster PB is citing pulled his money off the table. The AD is not gonna come out and say "Here's Dan Hawkins our Head Coach. We were gonna fire him but the funds came up short". They are all gonna come out and say he's there guy 100%.

And we will never know about that missing piece. The Booster(s) that couldn't or wouldn't deliver.

Will there be staff changes if hawk stays?

First off, any coach with his record would be fired but if these idots bring him back, there has to be, must be staff changes. If he is back and his entire staff come back too, theses people have lost their minds?

What do you tell recruits? Well, here at CU it's not about winning?

They did address it. Zim asked about it and Hawkins' response was "we really look forward to playing Nebraska." the point being it won't be addressed at all.

OK thanks, then I did indeed miss that.

chicken $hit questions, chicken $hit coaching and chicken $hit administration.

i'm not buying the QB and OL injury metaphor with OU of this caller. last time i checked Cody or Tyler didn't win the Heisman.

Hawk really stays on message. "confidence", "momentum", "burst through"....jesus. "road less travel". "man". defending the 4th and whatever call at KSU. "funky". kids feel loved up.

i don't want to dislike the guy, but heck. gimme a break.

who are these callers, placements? AD staffers getting work study for this?

Talkins defending the faked kick at Yale? yeah, I guess it makes sense that he would defend that.

Re: Will there be staff changes if hawk stays?

My fear is that Hawkins brings in someone like Embree or Bienemy as a coordinator -- and then when he gets ****canned next year, he has effectively eliminated them as potential coaching candidates. And if Embree/Bienemy tell Hawkins "no thanks" then Bohn thinks negatively of them.

Gotcha. But what is Hawk half-full of? Is he the glass or the water? I can never understand this guy. Worse than listening to a quarterly conference call, lots of talking in circles.

What did Hawk just say, "I can talk to much." Really?

Half full of ****? I thought he was all the way full of ****!....:rolleyes:

The coaches do things differently... Yeah, like accept losing.

Talkins defending the faked kick at Yale? yeah, I guess it makes sense that he would defend that.

It's funny how he makes some of these decisions sound like rocket science.

Last edited:

It's funny how he makes some of these decisions sounds like rocket science.

sometimes being "counter-intuitive" is just being wrong. it's like a stunt with hawk. he's the avant-garde or surrealist of NCAA football, in his mind.

At this point, I'd be more surprised if they do anything.....obviously we know who our leaders making these decisions are

It's funny how he makes some of these decisions sounds like rocket science.

that's kind of always been his approach. obfuscate losing and bad coaching to some kind of super-genius playbook or something that mortals (or the players) can't understand or execute because it proves black is white and time travel is possible.

Re: Money is an object

The assumption with that point of view is that the admin wanted him gone, but didn't think the cost-benefit was worth it. However, if a private donor, or donors, was willing to contribute the money specifically for that purpose to the athletic deparment, thus removing the "cost" part of the equation to the University and the Athletic Department.

So in that scenario, from the Universities perspective, money WAS NOT an object. The donor might have not been willing to contribute the funds under any other circumstance so you can't say that they could direct the funds to other uses.
What donor? Why do so many think there is "a donor?" They were talking about this on the radio today. Terry Frei, a CU grad and probably closer to the situation than us, does not believe there is "a donor." Why the hell would "a donor" emerge from the blue now, at this time, with money when he/she did nothing when we could have used money to improve our facilities? Listen, I'm just trying to be realistic here. Why the hell does everyone think there is some "donor" out there wanting by give his/her money to buy Hawkins out?

Re: Do you agree with the decision to retain Hawk for another year?

There are simply too many good candidates out there to excuse a lack of action. Many of them could be had for what CU can afford to pay - no doubt in my mind. If this is true, Bohn and DiStefano had better be wearing asbestos long johns.

As for me, I'll be attending AFA games next year if Hawkins is still at CU. No doubt there are others here who will look down on me for that. No offense - but anybody willing to pony up $$$ for tix is just enabling this circus side-show to continue. Every other AD in the conference is laughing their ****ing ass off at you, BOHNER.

:pissed:

good thing we're getting some reflections about Texas fan memories and DKR stadium....that's really on topic given that we are playing Nebraska in less than 48 hours.

what a joke.

First off, any coach with his record would be fired but if these idots bring him back, there has to be, must be staff changes. If he is back and his entire staff come back too, theses people have lost their minds?

What do you tell recruits? Well, here at CU it's not about winning?

I can't imagine there wouldn't be any staff changes if Hawk ends up staying. But at this point I don't know if there's anything I wouldn't believe regarding the program. :huh:

Hawk is representing the university in public wearing a burnt orange sweater.

way to go Dan.

Surprised that Hawk didn't call that one caller out for not taking risks when he mentioned that his RENT was on his mind.

Who cares. We are screwed for the foreseeable future.

Re: Bohn To Announce Hawkins' Fate Tomorrow (Thursday)

If he is retained and we lose (especially if its a blowout) Friday, it could be very very ugly up in Folsom.
I agree with you, and it's on national tv. Is it wise to p!$$ off 50,000 CU fans who have been drinking, and then taking a chance that the team might get prison sexed in front of them? Not too smart University of Colorado.
three-stooges hawk.jpg
Can you imagine having to listen to this @$$hole another year?

Attachments

• hawk_stooge.jpg
    hawk_stooge.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

I think they definitely will. No doubt in my mind.

As for the coordinator thing. I have another hypothesis. What if they told Hawkins, "We will keep you on IF you take (insert name, Eric Bienemy, say) as your offensive coordinator."

Could that be possible? I'm sure, if he stays, that there are stipulations.

hawk seems to working his "good ol boy" accent pretty hard.

another fluffer call.

this show is Pravda. KOA sucks.

air beneath their wings. stop!

hawk is a superhuman. he has higher standards than everyone else. that's why he fails to win.

some classic logic there.

Sounds like "Bo" talked about a taboo subject. :lol:

But Hawk's reaction wasn't a good sign. :sad2:

People. This is, if he stays, as much to do about economics as anything. Its easy for us to play Monopoly with CU's money, but we can't. So try to understand the obsticles that the AD has to deal with and relax. It is easy to get pissed off and take your ball and go home. But it isn't fair. For a while I thought that, indeed, some donor stepped up. But I'm pretty sure that isn't true. CU had no choice. Also, don't pull the, "Well, this will cost them a ton of money" BS. That is a poor economic argument.

I'm coming to the same conclusion, DBT. Maybe the money was never there. Maybe it evaporated. Or maybe it's just the polotics of spending it on buying out a football coach. Guys like Benson and PD are spending all day every day trying to make their budgets work these days. If Hawk presented them with a way of avoiding the expenditure of paying 2 coaches next year, I could see where they would jump all over it, even if you do believe they really care about winning athletics programs (I'm very skeptical of that...)

Where the withhold your money crowd makes a great point is the fact that those guys may make a very different evaluation next year if they are looking at $2 million dollars less in revenue from the football program next year. The thing about being a fan is that it is much easier to say that than do it....:huh:

What donor? Why do so many think there is "a donor?" They were talking about this on the radio today. Terry Frei, a CU grad and probably closer to the situation than us, does not believe there is "a donor." Why the hell would "a donor" emerge from the blue now, at this time, with money when he/she did nothing when we could have used money to improve our facilities? Listen, I'm just trying to be realistic here. Why the hell does everyone think there is some "donor" out there wanting by give his/her money to buy Hawkins out?

To be fair, I NEVER said that there was one.

I said "If" which is the scuttlebutt on this site posted by people who apparently have inside connections to the major benefactors of the program, and from Fowler's comments during the Okie State game as inference that there is.

"IF" there was no donor, then a cost/benefit scenario certainly applies. Whether that analysis determines that it is better to keep Hawkins is debatable without all the facts that only they can gather.

I am really suspicious that there might be major donors on both sides of the issue and that is why so many people have such strongly opposing sources.

Back