What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: If he is staying

If Juicebox is back then F*ck CU.

The only way his is back is if the administration above Bohn says so, and if they bring him back it tells me that as a university they don't care about athletics at all.

If the admin overrides Bohn, why do we even need an AD?

If the university does not care about putting a quality product on the football field why should I care about purchasing season tix, logo gear and everything else that goes along with being a CU fan.

Re: CU Denies Hawkins Report

Sounds like the leak from the two folks in the football organization may have backfired. Or it was a flier to see what the reaction would be. I know that I fired off a letter early this morning telling DiStefano that I will walk away from the program if a change is not made. I also stated I would not come back until he, Bohn and Hawk were all gone if. My guess the is the reaction was swift and strong from some of the doners once they heard that report. I bet calls were being made after the news last night asking what the **** is going on up in Boulder.

So Hawk has started his little PR war. Who else would be floating that Hawk would be back. Get ready for more BS from the little man if he does indeed get the hook.

Denver Post
"It was a review to review the season and have a frank discussion," Hilliard said. "I don't want to characterize the outcome as an endorsement of the coach. It's certainly Mike Bohn's decision."

"We don't have a tradition here of the chancellor of the university playing kingmaker on those kind of decisions," Hilliard said. "(Bohn) will keep the chancellor appropriately abreast of the situation. He hasn't had a face-to-face with the coach and he hasn't had a face-to-face with the chancellor. There are two meetings to go before any determination is made on coach Hawkins' future.

Looks like DiStefano's office is trying to get away from this one as fast as they can.

I wonder if as I stated before someone backing Hawk was trying to give the admin an opening to keep him.

On the other hand, I wonder if DiStefano actually did give Hawk the impression that he would be staying and is now backpedalling as fast as they can to get away from the angry and strongly negative reaction to the idea that Hawk could be back next year.

Nobody likes to fire anyone, especially when you have someone who seems to be as quality and likable as Hawk is. Unfortunately the situation has degraded to the point on the field that being a great guy doesn't justify the damage caused by keeping him around. It does make it much harder to fire him though than it would if he were a bad person.

This is some crazy ****.
Got to believe that CU would have said nothing if Hawk was staying.

Either way .... this has been handled wrong.

Bohn should have done something last Sunday before he left for Hawaii.
1) come out and say he stays & move on .....

or

2) come out and say he's gone after NU

this has been amateur hour up on campus IMHO

Re: If he is staying

Bohn has the final decision

Yep, looks like it.

"It was a review to review the season and have a frank discussion," Hilliard said. "I don't want to characterize the outcome as an endorsement of the coach. It's certainly Mike Bohn's decision."

Hawkins must think that if he says he'll be back enough times, it'll come true.

Honestly folks, after the News 4 report, DiStefano's office had to say something. What the hell do you expect them to say? They are not going to confirm or deny, one way or another. Whatever they do, they are going to do it on their own time line. Hell, they still may be trying to make a final decision for all we know. Stop trying to read somethng into every little statement or rumor thats out there. This will play out in a few days, one way or another, then we'll know for sure. I think we enjoy this game of torture. :smile2:

Re: Paging Pissbomber ..... What Are You Hearing ?

I'm guessing he's hearing the sound of running water (a fire hose in my case) followed by a "kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr" sound then sploooooooooooooosh!

Hawkins must think that if he says he'll be back enough times, it'll come true.

Same way with his team about to pop.

Hawk livis in a world where his ego can't take anything but positive vibes. He's like oddball from kelly's Heroes.

This is some crazy ****.

or

It was amateur hour with the Barnett process as well, whats that say?

This is some crazy ****.

or

Disagree. This is just media and message boards BS. It has been less than 1 week since Oklahoma State. Let the season finish before we all freak out.

I'm just glad this is completely off the national radar. And it is.

My take on this roller coaster ride we are on...

As I have said before, this is not a professional program that we are dealing with. This is a college program wth lots of people having a say in the decisions that are made.

Many of the posters here have called for an immediate firing. Well, that is not possible. There are many people that have to be on board with this decision including:

President of University
Athletic Director
Board of Regents

I am not an insider at all.... in fact, by my location listed to the left, you would all laugh at me if I purported to be in the know......

But I understand the core problem here. There are people who want a top notch program and there are people that will put a clean academic institution ABOVE the top notch program because Colorado IS a UNIVERSITY FIRST. There clearly is a disagreement right now and both sides are trying to solidify their position.

Ultimately what I believe is that the academic people will realize that Football is a big deal and very much part of major universities like their own research.

Like it or not, big money is drawn to college athletics because 99.99999% of people in this country can't get into professional sports. You can have a say, or be treated like royalty if you give tens of thousands of dollars to a college program because there is NO OWNER. Those tens of thousands of dollars are a drop in the ocean compared to what it costs to buy an NFL team. So if the academias want money for their geology field trip to the Anasazi INdian Ruins, then they better appease the big donors who want their football.

I would like to add alot more but Junction's attention span to read more than a few lines is nil.

Re: Breaking News In Boulder

I just want to make it clear on the recruiting visits. I received that information from someone who works at the University...not the AD office. He specified that it is an unconfirmed rumor. He also told me that rumors about Hawkins are flying all over the place.

rumors are floating around all over the place at CU? Really?

Here's one via text message from Maui. Bohn will evaluate the program after the final game. Boy that's not sexy enough is it? I just got the text message from a huge donor so it must be less true than the rest of this "inside info" I keep reading.

It was amateur hour with the Barnett process as well, whats that say?
Yeah, the message boards then were pretty much the same as today. Rife with rumors, innuendo, and false reports. Also, factions on each side of the isssue. Name calling. Yelling. Joy. Anger. etc.

One thing is 100% certain - FootballCoachScoop will be correct and they will also have been the FIRST TO REPORT. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Does anyone here take anything on that site seriously? :lol:

Does anyone believe all the posters here who are 100% certain? Everyone is an insider with priveleged information. I'm pretty sure no one knows jack.

Re: Paging Pissbomber ..... What Are You Hearing ?

Let's get PB to pony up the $15 so we can get stuff like this into Barzil and avoid Corny asswipes. Also makes it easier to discuss these and other topics. Come on PB, pony up the $15.

this is turning out to be our own version of a soap opera. Are we going to find out that the real coach hawkins has been in a coma since the summer and the version that has coached this year is his long-lost brother emilio?

That would only make sense if Emilio has been on the sidelines for four years.

Honestly folks, after the News 4 report, DiStefano's office had to say something. What the hell do you expect them to say? They are not going to confirm or deny, one way or another. Whatever they do, they are going to do it on their own time line. Hell, they still may be trying to make a final decision for all we know. Stop trying to read somethng into every little statement or rumor thats out there. This will play out in a few days, one way or another, then we'll know for sure. I think we enjoy this game of torture. :smile2:

They just denied the validity of a story that said Hawk was coming back. How else should we take it?

The fact that DiStefano's office waited this till this late in the day to deal with this tells me that they had some decision making going on this morning and that there is more to this than appears on the surface.

They knew about this report as early as last night and at latest first thing this morning. I am certain that the response to the office was strong and clear, Hawk must go. It is always hard to fire someone, especially if they are a good guy but take away the personality involved and the response from the supporters of the program is clear. DiStefano may be figuring out from the response to his office this morning that this decision could put a major crimp in his career plans and is now looking for a way to get out from under the spotlight.

I am certain that Phil's secretary has heard more than enough from unhappy Buff fans.:sad2:

Does anyone believe all the posters here who are 100% certain? Everyone is an insider with priveleged information. I'm pretty sure no one knows jack.

I know Jack Swarbrick. He is my third cousin twice removed. That AD is getting more air time than Bohn.

This is some crazy ****.

or

everything bohn has ever done at cu has been amateur hour. giving barnett an extension and then firing him the same year. pretty much having one candidate for the football coach opening. giving him an extension in year 2. having only one candidate for the basketball position after telling the previous coach that was his last year as coach and still letting him coach the entire year. and now this

Re: My take on this roller coaster ride we are on...

Yeah, I wonder how much support Hawkins has among the academic folks and I wonder how much infuence they have. I know that under GB there was a pretty big rift between academics and athletics. Give Hawkins credit for one thing, at least. He has kind of healed that relationship. At least thats my perception.

Back