What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: Hawk's PR war begins...

Wait, Franchione got paid? I thought he resigned? How would A&M not be able to get out of that contract with his uh, newsletter incident.

Re: Breaking News In Boulder

It is now on footballcoachscoop.com that Hawk is returning.

Colorado:
FootballCoachScoop has BREAKING NEWS and the FIRST TO REPORT that Head Coach Dan Hawkins has been given one more year in a deal with
Athletic Director Mike Bohn and the University, according to our source. We have been told to expect some changes with the current staff though. Also, our
source confirmed that in talking with future head coaching prospects Athletic Director Mike Bohn could not get who he really wanted for the future.
FootballCoachScoop sources also tell us that DiStefano and Bohn will meet one more time, in regards to Coach Hawkins, after the Nebraska game to
confirm this is the absolute direction.

But...wait. You guys said...you said you were the first to report that he was gooooone? I don't understand.

Re: If he is staying

If he is here another year, I'm just going to be very disappointed that Bohn is buying into all the feel sorry for us crap that everyone is spewing. Any other respectable football team with our tradition would fire a guy with his record.

You might be overlooking the fact that there may be a disagreement between Bohn and DiStefano.....

So if he does stay what will it take to save his job next year? 6 wins and a bowl game? What if we finish 6-7 next year do we keep him around again and hope that we'll rebuild on that? We were at this same point a few years back after the Bama loss, we all thought we were finally gonna get off the ground and have a team who was going to get atleast 7-8 wins and a bowl game. What if we start out 0-2, 0-3, 0-4 out of the gates next season? Does Bohn fire him after that??? I think the AD needs to step up and address the situation if he's going to keep Hawkins around another year...

Re: Breaking News In Boulder

But...wait. You guys said...you said you were the first to report that he was gooooone? I don't understand.

One thing is 100% certain - FootballCoachScoop will be correct and they will also have been the FIRST TO REPORT. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Does anyone here take anything on that site seriously? :lol:

Paging Pissbomber ..... What Are You Hearing ?

Is Hawk still gone or did something change in the last 24 hours ? :sad1::confused:

Re: Hawk's PR war begins...

If it is (2), prepare for more "We did it the right way and CU went for the easy out", "I was told all along I was safe until the last minute", "Other coaches told me not to go there", "Facilities and fan support are not there" as Hawk blames everybody and everything for his failures.

Don't forget "Colorado is a basketball school"..... :cool:

he is gone. how many times must it be said.

thanks for the assurance, mike bohn. if hawkins is back next year, i'm done supporting cu football. it would be a clear sign that they place absolutely no emphasis on winning. i can't support a team like that. even the detroit lions WANT to win, they just suck at it.

You might be overlooking the fact that there may be a disagreement between Bohn and DiStefano.....

I guess I should have just said the administration instead of just Bohn. I find it pretty stupid that DiStefano even has a say in what Bohn does with his football coach. If DiStefano wants to choose coaches he can do the job of AD and save us that all important money.

CU Denies Hawkins Report

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13866040

The spokesman for the University of Colorado-Boulder chancellor Phil DiStefano denied a Channel 4 report today that embattled football coach Dan Hawkins will return next year.

Channel 4, citing two sources inside the football program, said Hawkins came away from a meeting with DiStefano with the understanding that he's safe, regardless of what happens in Friday's season finale against Nebraska.

Re: CU Denies Hawkins Report

:popcorn:

over under on footballcoachscoop.com reporting this FIRST within 5 minutes?

If he is back, I think we all need to understand the reality of this decision. CU is sending a message that we are not trying to be a top program. They want to get by with what they have and it is what it is.

this is turning out to be our own version of a soap opera. Are we going to find out that the real coach hawkins has been in a coma since the summer and the version that has coached this year is his long-lost brother emilio?

I think its humorous how people jump all over a report that line up with their hopes and dreams but call bull**** if it doesn't. :lol:

Back