What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The CSU board is epic

That's sort of hilarious, mixed with a little bit of pity.

There's a claim in there that's interesting: it would cost CSU more to fire him than to pay out the remainder of the contract.

That's a really stupid clause if true.

Also, if that's true, I assume they could take away all of his duties, but let him continue "employment" while they pay someone else to actually do the job.

Which again, would be hilarious in a sad sort of way...

That's sort of hilarious, mixed with a little bit of pity.

There's a claim in there that's interesting: it would cost CSU more to fire him than to pay out the remainder of the contract.

That's a really stupid clause if true.

Also, if that's true, I assume they could take away all of his duties, but let him continue "employment" while they pay someone else to actually do the job.

Which again, would be hilarious in a sad sort of way...

Put him on a paid leave of absence "for medical reasons", and have a coordinator coach them.

There's worse ideas.

They need to find $8m to get rid of Bobo first. They don't have it.
Which is why they hire a Van Pelt.

They are going to have to pay Bobo the $8 million either way unless he takes a lower buyout for his health.

What they have to find is somebody who will work for cheap while they are paying off Bobo. We did the same thing with JE. IIRC we were paying him about half of what the next lowest paid head coach in the league was making.

What CSU needs is somebody who is attached enough to the program to be competent and work for cheap until they are out from under the Bobo contract.

The words “BVP” and “competent” aren’t usually part of the same phrasing.

With CSU competent may be relative. Can he dress himself and look suitably upset after each loss? The rest CSU fans can justify in their own minds as long as they have a CSU guy.

They should hire Van Pelt, he'd do a fine job.
I'm not sure there would be a person that I'd rather beat a few more times.

Maybe we can dig up the Denver Post article that had pictures of "free spirit" BVP longboarding around campus in a Tigger costume for the first game. And then run over and spike the ball off his head when we score a TD.

Back