What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TN VOLS fans coming to UCLA/Colorado game

Now there are 16 pages to weed through to go back and find where we are supposed to go Hike around Boulder on Friday....

I’m picking up what you are laying down.

9057C71F-0660-4788-BB3E-DA3BE1CCC18A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Vol:

3 hiking options:

1. Very easy: Flatirons Vista Loop. South Boulder, with parking just off 93. Beautiful views into Eldorado Canyon (which is another trail you could consider). You can do the full loop, or just an out and back. This is essentially a gravel road in civilization, but the views are nice. I assume you'll take the easy option since you play golf.

2. Medium to light difficulty: Green Mountain West Ridge Trail. The drive up Flagstaff will take you right through Flatirons and give you a unique perspective of them. Kind of like side-boob, but for giant rock structures. So the drive itself is fun (watch out for bikers). Once at the top of Flagstaff, it's a two-mile reasonably flat (until the very end) hike across to the top of Green Mountain. From there, you'll be able to look across the vast plains all the way to Tennessee and feel pity for all of the flatlanders.

3. More difficult. Royal Arch. In Chautauqua. This one will give your legs a good workout--lots of rock stairs. It's popular, though if you do it on a Friday, you should find plenty of seclusion. The arch is beautiful and the views are great. It's a great hike if your weak golfer legs are up for it.

Now there are 16 pages to weed through to go back and find where we are supposed to go Hike around Boulder on Friday....
No golf?

Try any of the trails in Chatauqua. Royal Arch is good if you are in shape. Start with breakfast on the porch at the Dining Hall.

Enjoy all.

I would definitely try to hit the buff for breakfast on Friday because it will be a pain in the ass on Saturday morning.

Vol:

3 hiking options:

1. Very easy: Flatirons Vista Loop. South Boulder, with parking just off 93. Beautiful views into Eldorado Canyon (which is another trail you could consider). You can do the full loop, or just an out and back. This is essentially a gravel road in civilization, but the views are nice. I assume you'll take the easy option since you play golf.

2. Medium to light difficulty: Green Mountain West Ridge Trail. The drive up Flagstaff will take you right through Flatirons and give you a unique perspective of them. Kind of like side-boob, but for giant rock structures. So the drive itself is fun (watch out for bikers). Once at the top of Flagstaff, it's a two-mile reasonably flat (until the very end) hike across to the top of Green Mountain. From there, you'll be able to look across the vast plains all the way to Tennessee and feel pity for all of the flatlanders.

3. More difficult. Royal Arch. In Chautauqua. This one will give your legs a good workout--lots of rock stairs. It's popular, though if you do it on a Friday, you should find plenty of seclusion. The arch is beautiful and the views are great. It's a great hike if your weak golfer legs are up for it.

Thanks for the recommendations. I don't won't to wear my golf legs out too much, I have rounds scheduled for Sunday and Monday.

FYI - my favorite Colorado football game of all time was when Chris Brown ran for 6 TD's vs Nebraska on Thanksgiving. I loved seeing Nebraska get beat like a drum. I think it was 63-35 or something like that.
you've nearly completely redeemed yourself from your unhealthy love of golf

Back