What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Pregame thread

Landman has two interceptions already as well. His explosive plays are not limited to playing roulette to get in the backfield.

What I see is not him guessing, but having the rare ability to diagnosis a play and then immediately sell out 100% to get their quickly.

He has some spectacular plays. He also has a lot of garden variety tackles made for little or no gain around the LOS.

He is very good at reading plays and being in position including fending off blocks with his hands on the way to the point of attack.

He just looks to be a very fundamenatally sound LB.

Landman has two interceptions already as well. His explosive plays are not limited to playing roulette to get in the backfield.

What I see is not him guessing, but having the rare ability to diagnosis a play and then immediately sell out 100% to get their quickly.
I don't disagree with your second paragraph, but I am not 100% convinced that he has such a rare ability. Hope so!

Uh, yeah, I understand points matter. The point you're missing here is that yards translate to points generally speaking and over an entirety of a season. It's not a coincidence that the best defenses in points against are almost always the best in yards against. You let teams move the ball into your territory at a high percentage, they are going to score at a higher percentage regardless of your defensive red zone efficiency and proclivity to force turnovers. If you think we're in the clear and shouldn't at least have some concern over our defense over the past 15 games in DJ Eliot's tenure you have your head in the sand. I'm in the wait and see on the defense right now.
Meh. Just play like Miami's D against North Carolina last night and we'll be fine. The Tar Heels were in Miami territory quite a bit.

My adult daughter asked if she could come with to the game? Of Course! Family BuffUp will be in Boulder around 3ish to walk Pearl street, get some grub and Root on The Buffs.
Be prepared. With the history of CU v UCLA, she could literally see a human (Bruin) die on the field tonight.

Be prepared. With the history of CU v UCLA, she could literally see a human (Bruin) die on the field tonight.
She never made it to a game last season and regretted it. I have been taking her to Buff games since 1997...man, Im old.

Last edited:
This is the game I started hating UCLA...

giphy.gif

Last year's game, if you can stomach it. I couldn't remember precisely how many critical drops we had... answer = 4.

If CU struggles with or loses to UCLA they are going to have a tough time getting to six wins. The good news if that happens is we'll hopefully have a new coach next year.

Back