What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington Game --- Official Thread (8pm FS1)

Back end has played suprisingly well for all but one of them being new. Front 7 was supposed to be the strong point this year but so far has not looked like what I would have expected against week competition.

I used to tell a lot of women that I have a strong front 7, but they would always find out it doesn't look like what they expected. Learned since then to stop over-promising and under-delivering. Now I under promise and under deliver. I hope the same thing happens to your football team.

Accuweather has Saturday night in Boulder 48 degrees (low), cloudy with 68% chance of T-Storms.
Weather Channel has Saturday night in Boulder around 44 degrees (low), cloudy with 90% chance of rain.
NWS has Saturday night in Boulder around 45 degrees (low) with slight chance of showers after Noon and then better chance of showers after Midnight.

This is a barometer game in my opinion. Where is this program?

It's year 5 for MM. This is his team, his staff, his recruit, his facilities. TV. Night game. Ranked opponent with quality P5/P12/national talent. Got run last time they played. Time to step up.

Was last year an anomaly of is this program built for lasting success?

We will know much more about MM and this program late Saturday night.

I agree with the barometer part of your statement for THIS SEASON not the program entirely, but I think everyone seems to forget that, while yes the line was pushed around on the line in the P12 champ game, at halftime we were down 14-7 and the guys were in the game until sefo threw the pick 6 and that just deflated the team. Last year was not an anomaly plain and simple. Look at the guys we have on this team. We have athletes now that can stick with the PAC12. No they might not be the best at their respective positions but we've got some athletes that can fly. The Buffs can play with these guys. Might not be better quite yet, but they can play with these guys and they certainly have the players to win.

Last edited:
Accuweather has Saturday night in Boulder 48 degrees (low), cloudy with 68% chance of T-Storms.
Weather Channel has Saturday night in Boulder around 44 degrees (low), cloudy with 90% chance of rain.
NWS has Saturday night in Boulder around 45 degrees (low) with slight chance of showers after Noon and then better chance of showers after Midnight.

Wet conditions probably favor UW.

Wet conditions probably favor UW.
Definitely doesn't help our passing game, and they are probably more used to it than our guys are. I'll still take the altitude effect over that, though. I'm more concerned (annoyed) with the possibility that lightning could delay an already late start and how rain could put a huge damper on the crowd turnout and noise.

NWS is the one to which I pay closest attention, particularly with local forecasts. Hell, the headquarters is on S Broadway in Boulder.

NWS is the one to which I pay closest attention, particularly with local forecasts. Hell, the headquarters is on S Broadway in Boulder.
Weather Underground has a pretty accurate forecast. The rain event has slowly been moving later in their look ahead. Hopefully it continues in that direction.

AuburnHusky reeks of the mental cesspool that is HardcoreHusky.com
zero chance this guy went to college. auburn, wa must be the dumbest municipality in WA state (well, maybe Port Orchard is). ****, Federal Way, Parkland, and Whitecenter produce morE quality citizens - and that's saying something.

Last edited:
For specific point broadcasts, I like to use darksky and NWS hourly weather forecasts.

Darksky can be ridiculously accurate in the <12 hour range, before that, it's essentially an ensemble model of a lot of different providers. But, once you're under 12 hours, their own engine takes over, and it's pretty good.

NWS point forecasts are generally the best in the business for a few days out.

Here is Darksky's hourly forecast for Saturday at Folsom.
If you don't want to click, they show kickoff temperature in the low 60s, dropping to low 50s by the time the game is over. 25% chance of light rain during the game; 0% chance of rain that day before the game, and 0% chance after the game. Wind about 7 MPH.

Here is NWS' point forecast for Folsom (if you click through, pay close attention to the "48 hour starting period" text box at the bottom of the gray field - the way their links work, I can't get a static link to Saturday, so you need to adjust the 48 hour period if you click on this link any time after 1pm on Tuesday afternoon).

If you don't want to click, then as of right now they have kickoff temperature at 59º, dropping to 50º by midnight. Wind out of the north around 5 or 6 knots*. 24% chance of rain, and a "slight chance" (10-20%) of thunderstorms during the game. Both before and after the game, they have a 30% chance of rain and a "chance" (30-50%) of thunderstorms.

*I have the wind units set for knots, because I use this engine for my sailing forecasts - just be glad the engine is smart enough to not try and generate sea state forecasts for Boulder. Although it did put in "Fire Weather" options for Boulder, which I hadn't seen before - that looks interesting, and I will probably end up wasting 20 minutes of time playing with it.

of all the paid apps i have bought in the app store, dark sky probably delivers the most value. super-local and super-accurate.

die fuskie die.

That the coldest it's got so far up there? I got up this morning, it said 38 on mine.

Seems like excuse making?

I get that it is impossible to expect a team to be "up" for 12+ games a season, but a junior leader admitting one game has been circled for eight months is not really the mark of a true championship contender.

I get that it is impossible to expect a team to be "up" for 12+ games a season, but a junior leader admitting one game has been circled for eight months is not really the mark of a true championship contender.
Eh. You think Washington would have been "up" for that OOC schedule if they had Alabama (team that dominated them in their last game of 2016) in week 4? Maybe they wouldn't have said it directly to the media, but you don't think they would have that week 4 game circled? I think you're being a little dramatic here.

Why?

If the Falcons had a shot at the Patriots this season I bet that they would have that one circled. I don't really follow you on this one. If anything, I'm glad the team has a chip on their shoulder about what Washinton did to them.

Eh. You think Washington would have been "up" for that OOC schedule if they had Alabama (team that dominated them in their last game of 2016) in week 4? Maybe they wouldn't have said it directly to the media, but you don't think they would have that week 4 game circled? I think you're being a little dramatic here.

I just think it comes off as a team trying a little too hard to assign more importance to one conference game than needed.

I just think it comes off as a team trying a little too hard to assign more importance to one conference game than needed.
It's a really big game against a top 10 opponent that embarrassed them last year. I feel like it'd be unnatural not to have a little more excitement/motivation for this one. It doesn't really matter, though, hopefully they back up that excitement.

I get a 20/21 yo kid being hyped to prove he is better than the (1st) team to completely take them to the woodshed (you can argue Michigan, but we were up until Sefo got hurt). He also isn't media savvy enough to know what that means when he says it - look at MMac's comments about Montez saying CSU's defense sucked and CU was going to score a bunch. He didn't know about it until El Passo brought it up to him and even then didn't seem to care that much (at least in the interview).

I'm not reading that much in to this one quote.

It's a really big game against a top 10 opponent that embarrassed them last year. I feel like it'd be unnatural not to have a little more excitement/motivation for this one. It doesn't really matter, though, hopefully they back up that excitement.

I expect more motivation than other games, but I think it fits a larger pattern of a team just lacking focus from week to week (or even quarter to quarter).

I look at Louisville this past weekend as a cautionary tale.

Back