What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington Game --- Official Thread (8pm FS1)

Everything about this CU team is about what I expected, with one glaring exception: outside of first half of the first game there has been very little passion and intensity. A flash here and there, but overall the effort has felt very flat.

The team has been good enough to nearly sleepwalk to wins (which is saying something considering where we were 4 years ago), but passion and intensity isn't something you just conjure up for big games.

I'm not worried about miscues, about shuffling to find our top 5 OL, about really any of the "working out the kinks" stuff.

The lack of drive and effort thus far has been very disappointing.

Boulder/Longmont both had lots of lightening last Friday night right around 9 p.m. Let's hope this same type of cold front doesn't come through Saturday night. If a game had been played last Friday there would for sure have been a delay of at least an hour.
If the game was at 6 or 7, an hour delay wouldn't be a big deal, but an 8pm start time being pushed back to 9pm or later sucks for everybody involved.

Boulder/Longmont both had lots of lightening last Friday night right around 9 p.m. Let's hope this same type of cold front doesn't come through Saturday night. If a game had been played last Friday there would for sure have been a delay of at least an hour.

Has anyone tried the BuffRide through RTD? I was thinking about trying it for the first time on Saturday night...if some stuff like this comes up...it could be a midnight-ish ending...does the service guarantee bus rides back regardless of when the game ends? I'm actually calling them as I type this...but I'm sure nobody there has any actual experience...we'll see...

Did you go into the season expecting many of the kinks needed to be worked out to be on the offensive side?

I didn't expect as many issues as I've seen - but I wondered if it wouldn't take some time for Montez to get a rhythm

Everything about this CU team is about what I expected, with one glaring exception: outside of first half of the first game there has been very little passion and intensity. A flash here and there, but overall the effort has felt very flat.

The team has been good enough to nearly sleepwalk to wins (which is saying something considering where we were 4 years ago), but passion and intensity isn't something you just conjure up for big games.

I'm not worried about miscues, about shuffling to find our top 5 OL, about really any of the "working out the kinks" stuff.

The lack of drive and effort thus far has been very disappointing.
If they play lethargic in the Washington game, then there are some serious leadership issues on this team and will be a problem all year. I don't think that is the issue and more the quality of teams they've played.

I definitely expected fewer miscues and more early game scoring on offense, but a lot of what I thought we'd see that would make the offense achieve that (mainly Montez being a staple in the run game and more variety & creativity in the passing game) just hasn't been a part of the offense.

Ok what did I miss? Ill play
Yes!
1eqFSrO.gif

Maybe ...just maybe it was good to have UNC play us tight for awhile Saturday VS CU going out and beating them 52-7. I think it may have been a good thing to see UNC go up 7-0 right out of the gate to remind them that you have to focus no matter what.
Funny thing though ..... if Montez had not thrown the pick right before half and the Buffs score the TD then CU goes into the lockers ahead 35-7 and the Bears are probably defeated and CU ends up coasting 52-14 or something around that.

Maybe ...just maybe it was good to have UNC play us tight for awhile Saturday VS CU going out and beating them 52-7. I think it may have been a good thing to see UNC go up 7-0 right out of the gate to remind them that you have to focus no matter what.
Funny thing though ..... if Montez had not thrown the pick right before half and the Buffs score the TD then CU goes into the lockers ahead 35-7 and the Bears are probably defeated and CU ends up coasting 52-14 or something around that.
Well, the INT came after their 2nd TD, so they had 14 no matter what. That INT did cost CU a 35-14 lead, though, and when you add in Adkins' fumble on CU's opening drive of the 2nd half, it could have and should have made the score 42-21 early in the 3rd. This board would be singing a completely different tune about the offense had those two plays not gone against CU.

As Nik said in the grade thread (I think), the offense executed fairly well, but the miscues (3 turnovers and 5 penalties for 40 yards on the offense) cost them quite a bit.

Well, the INT came after their 2nd TD, so they had 14 no matter what. That INT did cost CU a 35-14 lead, though, and when you add in Adkins' fumble on CU's opening drive of the 2nd half, it could have and should have made the score 42-21 early in the 3rd. This board would be singing a completely different tune about the offense had those two plays not gone against CU.

As Nik said in the grade thread (I think), the offense executed fairly well, but the miscues (3 turnovers and 5 penalties for 40 yards on the offense) cost them quite a bit.
that's right ... but yes things could have been different

woulda coulda shoulda - they (unc) dropped two big passes. One was a TD for sure, the other could have been or at least set them up close. and of course the fumble where we get the ball on the 5. Every play counts.

Has anyone tried the BuffRide through RTD? I was thinking about trying it for the first time on Saturday night...if some stuff like this comes up...it could be a midnight-ish ending...does the service guarantee bus rides back regardless of when the game ends? I'm actually calling them as I type this...but I'm sure nobody there has any actual experience...we'll see...
I'm taking the hyperloop. Arvada to Boulder in 15 seconds.

woulda coulda shoulda - they (unc) dropped two big passes. One was a TD for sure, the other could have been or at least set them up close. and of course the fumble where we get the ball on the 5. Every play counts.
Yep..and that's my point. Leadership seems weak so far for this team so I think having a tougher go at it against UNC may have been good.

Understood, but I'm trying to focus on the offense, because that's the side of the ball people have been ****ting on. The Secondary played pretty poorly for sure. There's no excuse for Oliver falling all over himself on the opening drive, and Worthington just flat got beat. Nick Fisher needs to play a big role this week.

Yeah. Maybe.

Ok, sorry for the wait. Going into the season, I expected less question on the o-line, doesn't seem like the case just by listening. That surprised me a bit. After this weekend, my opinion may be different. That's why I answered the way I did. That satisfactory enough? Instead of ****ting on my post, you could have asked a simple question. Why both? Hope that answers it for you.

Back