What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's the biggest "What if" in CU football history?

I thought about this one, but the only answer I came up with was that they would have earned the right to get their ass kicked by Miami in the natty, instead of Oregon in the Fiesta. Not sure it would have mattered much in the long run.
Maybe. We beat 5 top 25 teams that year and we’re playing our best football at the right time. I think getting screwed in the polls and watching a Nebraska team we pummeled get to play for the title took all the air out of the team and it showed against Oregon.

Maybe. We beat 5 top 25 teams that year and we’re playing our best football at the right time. I think getting screwed in the polls and watching a ****braska team we pummeled get to play for the title took all the air out of the team and it showed against Oregon.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

No one was going to beat Miami. But I feel like I’m supposed to say, yeah, but what if?
It would have been fun to have a shot at it. 2001 Miami was a top 5 all time team in the modern era IMO. The speed an athleticism they put on the field was just insane

That Miami team though...
Yeah, I don't think we win.

But, we show up better against them than we did against the ducks.

Basically, we would have made them earn it instead of dishing it up on a platter like NU did for them.

What if CU had not built new athletic facilities in…..oh…..wait. Never mind.

DJ Williams was recruited as a RB but they were so loaded he got switched to defense.
Can’t remember who it was, but someone prominent in football circles said DJ was the only player he’d ever seen (at that point) who might have been able to go to the NFL straight from high school

Back