What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wilner: DTV deal likely before football season barring last minute snags

$15 a month for just the national channel would be weak sauce. I can't imagine they'd go that way. Plus, with so many sports bars subscribing to DTV, they really need to offer everything in order to service those customers.

Seriously.... Plus 1. If that's the fee, I would gladly pay it for every PAC-12 channel and would then be guaranteed to see every CU football and hoops games forever. Small price to pay.

Agree but they are going to force me to consider Comcast. ****ers!

Looks like HBO and Showtime are getting canceled at the DBT household. Wife will be pissed. Oh well.

$15 a month for just the national channel would be weak sauce. I can't imagine they'd go that way. Plus, with so many sports bars subscribing to DTV, they really need to offer everything in order to service those customers.

If the $15 bucks goes towards access to web streaming content from the P12 regional channels, then I see value.

I am a paying Buff-TV subscriber, and have been notified that their content has been taken over by the P12. So there is some offset there.

The DirecTV mobile platform seems pretty good. I might just end up watching more P12 network content on my phone or tablet than on the TV.

I eagerly await the announcement and the official terms and conditions.

One thing I read is that DTV would do a 1 week dry run for each channel before making them available. I guess to do testing, troubleshooting, etc. I also read that since LA has so many DTV subscribers, being able to show USC games is important to them. Or some such ****.

$60 per month for you, me, skid and the BW/DD households is a hell of a lot cheaper for you than the alternative. :smile2:

Yeah that, even when you factor in the booze and stain removal.

It won't be part of one of the basic packages or the sports package? That's bull****.

This. They need to combine this into the existing sports pack even if it involves a rate hike. God forbid other conferences start this **** and college football fans need to purchase 3-4 separate packages to watch ball.

This. They need to combine this into the existing sports pack even if it involves a rate hike. God forbid other conferences start this **** and college football fans need to purchase 3-4 separate packages to watch ball.

All the Big X network channels are available in the regular sports pack. Why should the Pac-12 network be different?

I hate Comcast, and like dtv, so I've been holding out hope. However, I'm not a high roller, and if the end deal is anything like the latest article says, then it looks like I'm going to be going back to Comcast.

All the Big X network channels are available in the regular sports pack. Why should the Pac-12 network be different?

The Big 10 network is actually part of all the standard packages except the very base package. It's not part of the sports package. But you're right, the Pac network should be part of one of these packages and shouldn't be its own package with its own cost. That's kind of arrogant of the Pac network if they think there should be an extra cost JUST for their network.

Just called Directv and told them I can switch to Cox (I live in AZ) and get the PAC 12 Network now. Told them I would switch cause I need it by next weekend. They gave me an instant $150 credit on my account and I had already gotten Sunday Ticket for free.

You need to get to the retention department to have any luck.

Just called Directv and told them I can switch to Cox (I live in AZ) and get the PAC 12 Network now. Told them I would switch cause I need it by next weekend. They gave me an instant $150 credit on my account and I had already gotten Sunday Ticket for free.

You need to get to the retention department to have any luck.

good advice. Always ask for the rentention dept with these companies....you can score big. I played ATT Uverse off of FIOS, and got all sorts of free ****.

Haha! $15 a month... What a joke. I have some time off soon and will be switching from DTV to comast. Love DTV but Comcast has this channel and I can get it in every room in the house... I hear they have a 2 year contract though. Any ways to get out of signing that thing?

I called the retention dept. Got $20 a month off my bill and free NFL Ticket plus online and Redzone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

It should not be any different. That is exactly my point.

I know. I was just pointing out that they're already doing what you were saying with the Big Ten Network. It will piss me off to no end if they don't do the same with the Pac-12....

To those that have called retention were you under contract? We upgraded to whole home dvr 16 months ago so we still have a few months on our contract. Wondering if they will take care of us too.

Looking more and more like comcast. Why the satelite folks can't do what cable does is beyond me....

I've gotta say I'm really happy I have Comcast right now. It's pricey, but service is reliable and I have the P12 channels.

To those that have called retention were you under contract? We upgraded to whole home dvr 16 months ago so we still have a few months on our contract. Wondering if they will take care of us too.

We technically had about 8 months left on our existing contract after moving and also upgrading to whole home dvr. We just extended it to a year contract. But you can suspend your account for free for up to 6 months, so if you're concerned about the contract you can just switch to Comcast during football season and switch back to fulfill the contract.

So yes, no reason you shouldn't get some freebies. And it does take talking to the right person. Make them want to help you. I was very polite and courteous despite fuming on the inside...

Sooo if Comcast isn't carrying the Pac12 in Houston, and DirecTC isn't going to get it anytime soon, then???????

Looking more and more like comcast. Why the satelite folks can't do what cable does is beyond me....

Really? Its all about the money.

On July 27, 2011, the Pac-12 Conference announced agreements with Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, and Bright House Networks, each of whom intend to carry the Pac-12 Network and Pac-12 Digital Network at launch.

Scott moved the P12 studios into the same building as Comcast. The P12 approached the cable providers early in the game.

It is no surprise the cable companies will do everything in their power to gain competitive advantages over satellite providers.

Live sports is probably the best differentiator there is to drive subscribers to one carrier or another. The cable group isn't going to commit billions of dollars to Larry Scott only to have satellite companies undercut them.

And satellite providers are not going to shell out big money that puts them at a competitive disadvantage over the content cost structure enjoyed by cable unless its absolutely necessary.

The cable companies were banking on having the P12 first. They are enjoying the fruits of their strategic decission to support the P12 network sinse even before the P12 network existed. Comcast, Time Warner, Cox and Bright House took the initial risk and are being rewarded.

Now Dish and DTV are playing catch-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm sticking with DirecTV. Got Sunday Ticket for free. Not like I had a lot of options. My local cable is offering the LA PAC-12 regional only.

Now get a deal done, dammit.

The local watch parties in SD are ****ed. Cox cable will not have the Colorado regional games and no DirecTV as of yet.

Sooo if Comcast isn't carrying the Pac12 in Houston, and DirecTC isn't going to get it anytime soon, then???????

This is exactly what I'm wondering. I still can't understand why Comcast won't at least make it an option. Why not at least give customers the option of paying more to watch TV networks that you have the rights to show??? Even more unbelievable is that if the Pac-12 networks aren't covered in your region (e.g. Houston) you can't even watch games on-line. It's incomprehensible. I know a lot of Comcast customers are pissed off, but I'm not sure if it's significant enough for Comcast to do anything unless DirecTV signs a deal. Right now there's nowhere else for us to go.

Back