What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO DE Chris Martin (Signed to California)

The general tone of your posts makes it pretty clear you think the odds that Martin lives up to the 5* rating are high and you also seem to think Martin is the only option for the next three years. If you cannot understand how ridiculous that sounds, I do not know how to help you.Your last sentence is funny though.

I'm totally bumping this bad boy if he:

A. ends up at Colorado State
B. flunks out of Colorado State
C. gets caught buying weed from a sorority girl at Colorado State
D. all of the above

I'm not saying that our d-line will automatically suck if we don't have Martin, just that if it does happen to suck don't you hypocrites go and complain about it. And BB no more lecturing that dumbass bigbang about the importance of talent because it appears that you don't value it much either.

:lol: The guy that can't figure out how to use there they're or their correctly is calling people dumbasses. Classic.

:lol: The guy that can't figure out how to use there they're or their correctly is calling people dumbasses. Classic.

I know how to use them but frankly I just don't give care. This isin't an english class. Do we now have to turn this into a battle of intelligence? Save yourself the humiliation.

Classic. If Martin wants to come here, we must take him. He is flakey, but we've had guys on the team that are a lot worse than flakey. The staff can very clearly tell Mr. Martin that any infraction will lead to his dismissal from the team. Plus, there are some strong black men on the coaching staff that could be excellent mentors for Chris (Embo, EB, Knavis). If it doesn't work out, the scholarship we lost by taking him on will be available again. Embo has shown a propensity for kicking kids that aren't with the program off the team. There isn't much to lose here and a whole lot to gain.

Classic. If Martin wants to come here, we must take him. He is flakey, but we've had guys on the team that are a lot worse than flakey. The staff can very clearly tell Mr. Martin that any infraction will lead to his dismissal from the team. Plus, there are some strong black men on the coaching staff that could be excellent mentors for Chris (Embo, EB, Knavis). If it doesn't work out, the scholarship we lost by taking him on will be available again. Embo has shown a propensity for kicking kids that aren't with the program off the team. There isn't much to lose here and a whole lot to gain.
What about the APR hit if he bails? Just sayin'...

I'm not saying that our d-line will automatically suck if we don't have Martin, just that if it does happen to suck don't you hypocrites go and complain about it. And BB no more lecturing that dumbass bigbang about the importance of talent because it appears that you don't value it much either.
I'm crushed I do not measure up to your esteemed standards when it comes to honest conversation.

I know how to use them but frankly I just don't give care. This isin't an english class. Do we now have to turn this into a battle of intelligence? Save yourself the humiliation.

:lol: !! I don't think we have to, I'm sure everyone on here already knows where you stand on that front. The lazy excuse? C'mon! You can do better than that.

...wow you all bitch a lot to one another...

So lost amongst all the lame bickering back and forth, why do so many of you not want Martin if he's interested? He was a troubled youth entering his senior year in HS, but while at Grandview, we didn't hear of any big problems. If the kids seems like he's earnest in fulfilling his potential and growing into a man, then why not take him instantly? If I'm one of the coaches and the kid reaches out to me, ****, of course I'm wiling to help him out. Even if he decides to go to another school, I'd be willing to help mentor him a little. We have some people on staff that received it themselves in their lives at times of need.

Our cupboard is NOT bare, but we still need an infusement of talent. Martin is a solid talent. IF he is actually interested, we need to be open to possibly taking him - assuming he's not a crazy idiot...

So lost amongst all the lame bickering back and forth, why do so many of you not want Martin if he's interested? He was a troubled youth entering his senior year in HS, but while at Grandview, we didn't hear of any big problems. If the kids seems like he's earnest in fulfilling his potential and growing into a man, then why not take him instantly? If I'm one of the coaches and the kid reaches out to me, ****, of course I'm wiling to help him out. Even if he decides to go to another school, I'd be willing to help mentor him a little. We have some people on staff that received it themselves in their lives at times of need.

Our cupboard is NOT bare, but we still need an infusement of talent. Martin is a solid talent. IF he is actually interested, we need to be open to possibly taking him - assuming he's not a crazy idiot...

yo douchebag, is it we or you? Cause you have been known to bicker once or twice. :lol:

too bad we dont use that standard around here...

Definitely should take him if we have that scholly available. We reached on athletes at the end of last recruiting cycle. Time to reach on a DE/OLB athlete again now and hope we get 2 or 3 good years out of him. He could really help.

Definitely should take him if we have that scholly available. We reached on athletes at the end of last recruiting cycle. Time to reach on a DE/OLB athlete again now and hope we get 2 or 3 good years out of him. He could really help.

Untrue x 2. It's not only about a scholarship, APR, and the affect he'll have on the locker room if he continues his flakiness (which seems altogether too likely). It's also about wasted time that could have been spent developing a solid contributor, not to mention wasted time babysitting him that could have been spent on the rest of the team.

Untrue x 2. It's not only about a scholarship, APR, and the affect he'll have on the locker room if he continues his flakiness (which seems altogether too likely). It's also about wasted time that could have been spent developing a solid contributor, not to mention wasted time babysitting him that could have been spent on the rest of the team.

Right, so what you're saying is that CU should never take a chance on a talented kid with some issues? The 1990 National Championship team was chock full of those.

The idea that you would have to "babysit" the kid is wrong. One indiscretion and he's off the team. That's it. And the marginal amount of time you spend developing one more kid out of 100 is just that - marginal.

Right, so what you're saying is that CU should never take a chance on a talented kid with some issues? The 1990 National Championship team was chock full of those.

The idea that you would have to "babysit" the kid is wrong. One indiscretion and he's off the team. That's it. And the marginal amount of time you spend developing one more kid out of 100 is just that - marginal.

I would change that to guaranteed, and say you are correct, I wouldn't. I'd rather the time were spent developing someone else who's maybe a little less talented but motivated to play for CU.

Last edited:
Not sure if it was reported anywhere on AllBuffs, but Embree decided to take a pass on Martin and we are not pursuing him.

Back