What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO OG Alex Kozan (Signed to Auburn)

apparently, he is waiting on Michigan who is still trying to get Jordan Diamond (Chicago Simeon) signed on. Kozan is their fall back position and thus Kozan is "still deciding"....

And he is not now or never rally was considering CU.

apparently, he is waiting on Michigan who is still trying to get Jordan Diamond (Chicago Simeon) signed on. Kozan is their fall back position and thus Kozan is "still deciding"....

What a douche bag. Iowa should tell him to go to hell. Glad he passed on CU. We don't need any prima donnas.

What a douche bag. Iowa should tell him to go to hell. Glad he passed on CU. We don't need any prima donnas.

Holy crap, bro. He's just a kid, take it easy. But **** Michigan and their **** t-shrt fans.

Holy crap, bro. He's just a kid, take it easy. But **** Michigan and their **** t-shrt fans.
My bad. I blame his douche bag parents. I'd never let my kid pull that crap. He committed. What about this concept is hard to understand?

Sounds like this Diamond kid can't choose between Auburn and Michigan, and Kozan gets to be the consolation prize.

I can't say I blame him. He wanted to go with 1 of these 2 (among others) for sometime but didn't have a commitable offer - he was being slow-played. I think the Iowa commitment was so he could protect himself and have a soft landing. I'm sure both the above schools kept telling him to be patient and he was right on the edge. I'm sure he would have signed yesterday but he knows he wants to go to these two schools and Diamond is the one who is making him wait.

No bad will here. Hope it works out for him.

Last edited:
Not to be harsh on the kid but I agree with DBT, Iowa should tell him to sign of find a different place to play. Pretty insulting to say that you aren't really what I want but I'll take your offer if I can't find something better. Kozan is not the second coming or a future HOF, he is a decent HS lineman.

The more I see of them the less impressed and interested I am in the Valor kids, way to many head cases.

Not to be harsh on the kid but I agree with DBT, Iowa should tell him to sign of find a different place to play. Pretty insulting to say that you aren't really what I want but I'll take your offer if I can't find something better. Kozan is not the second coming or a future HOF, he is a decent HS lineman.

The more I see of them the less impressed and interested I am in the Valor kids, way to many head cases.
Lighten up on the kid, he's 17, trying to make a decision that will affect the rest of his life, and he's caught between a rock and a hard place. Or, I guess, you could **** off.

Shouldn't have been so harsh. But isn't this the kid who ripped Embee's message to the in state recruits? Hennington was asked about that on Mile High radio and said he didn't understand that reaction.

I don't know man, I think its okay to hold out til signing day but after that it looks like a total douch move, ESPECIALLY if you've already given a verbal to a school. I guess he hasn't considered that if these two schools already feel that he's their second choice he might not get much playing time if any once he gets on campus.

Shouldn't have been so harsh. But isn't this the kid who ripped Embee's message to the in state recruits? Hennington was asked about that on Mile High radio and said he didn't understand that reaction.

That reaction only made sense if it was from someone who had already made up his mind to leave the state and just wanted his ass kissed.

That reaction only made sense if it was from someone who had already made up his mind to leave the state and just wanted his ass kissed.
I agree. And I kinda feel for the Hawkeyes -- they allocate a schollie to a player who is now "looking around" after signing day. They might have been able to use it on another player. Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how this ends.

Pretty bush league move on his part if you ask me. If you weren't committed to Iowa, then why commit to Iowa? Sign the damn LOI and get ready for five years in Iowa City.

I agree. And I kinda feel for the Hawkeyes -- they allocate a schollie to a player who is now "looking around" after signing day. They might have been able to use it on another player. Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how this ends.
Screw that! This is a sales process, and Iowa failed to close. They missed something about him. This is not Alex's fault, Iowa failed.

Pretty bush league move on his part if you ask me. If you weren't committed to Iowa, then why commit to Iowa? Sign the damn LOI and get ready for five years in Iowa City.
Yeah. You made your bed. NOW SLEEP IN IT! Man, I'm glad he didn't commit here.

Screw that! This is a sales process, and Iowa failed to close. They missed something about him. This is not Alex's fault, Iowa failed.

It is but it is also a personel process. I offer someone a position with my organization and they play games with me I tell them sorry, I don't have room for you, take a hike. If I'm Iowa I pull the offer. I want someone who wants to be a Hawkeye, not someone who is only taking my offer because he can't get what he really wants.

Had he been honest up front, "I'm waiting for a Michigan offer but if it doesn't come through then I will go Iowa" then things are different but kid or not he acted like a jerk.

It is but it is also a personel process. I offer someone a position with my organization and they play games with me I tell them sorry, I don't have room for you, take a hike. If I'm Iowa I pull the offer. I want someone who wants to be a Hawkeye, not someone who is only taking my offer because he can't get what he really wants.

Had he been honest up front, "I'm waiting for a Michigan offer but if it doesn't come through then I will go Iowa" then things are different but kid or not he acted like a jerk.
I agree with you, they should have pulled the offer, If they had qualified him properly they would not be hat in hand now. You have a team of mature men vs a 17 year old? The responsibility is theirs. They should have known when to walk away.

Sounds like He's "Michigan Man" material and will fit in nicely there.

Iowa should pull the offer now. Of course, it's pretty easy for us to sit here and say that.

I agree with you, they should have pulled the offer, If they had qualified him properly they would not be hat in hand now. You have a team of mature men vs a 17 year old? The responsibility is theirs. They should have known when to walk away.
Yeah, he's 17. But I'd expect he has advisers who are not.

Back