What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

Michigan has done a great job of coming into CO. and taking our top recruits the last few years. I have a feeling Ballage ends up at Michigan.

Michigan is absolutely loaded at RB. They are like 6 deep. If he wants to go there and maybe start his senior year then that is the place to go.

Hope he chooses the bigger stage of the Pac 12 over the Mountain West.

I hope he comes to CU. I really would actually prefer that he go to Boise as opposed to any of the other 11 teams in the Pac 12.

I agree but Michigan's recruiters might be saying something else.

Connor Wood should host Ballage if he visits. Connor and his parents have some great insight on the mistake they made in recruiting with the commitment to Texas without fully investigating the depth chart at his position.

Connor Wood should host Ballage if he visits. Connor and his parents have some great insight on the mistake they made in recruiting with the commitment to Texas without fully investigating the depth chart at his position.

Care to elaborate? I'd be interested to know, so PM me if it's not for public consumption?

Care to elaborate? I'd be interested to know, so PM me if it's not for public consumption?

Not trying to put words into Nik's mouth, but I think what he's trying to say is that Connor Wood committed to UT when there were already something like four QB's in close proximity to him based on age and class. Wood showed up at UT and was immediately buried in the depth chart.

Not trying to put words into Nik's mouth, but I think what he's trying to say is that Connor Wood committed to UT when there were already something like four QB's in close proximity to him based on age and class. Wood showed up at UT and was immediately buried in the depth chart.
Yup. Although he had all the tools, Wood needed a lot of work and coaching to adjust to Major Div1 ball... and since his last name wasn't McCoy, he got buried and forgotten.

Yup. Although he had all the tools, Wood needed a lot of work and coaching to adjust to Major Div1 ball... and since his last name wasn't McCoy, he got buried and forgotten.

Lots of Texas kids grow up dreaming of playing at UT. To an extent the Texas coaches are able to pick and choose who they want although in recent years aTm has made some inroads there. The Texas coaches go in and whisper some sweet nothings and these kids commit without realizing what kind of talent UT already has at their position and who has been promised playing time.

It almost seems at time that Texas takes some kids, not because they really want them, but because they just don't want them playing for somebody else.

This isn't completely unique to Texas by the way. USC and Notre Dame have done the same things over the years recruiting kids who ended up rotting on a bench.

It wouldn't hurt at all for CU to beat Fresno State and then have Fresno State beat Boise State.

It wouldn't hurt at all for CU to beat Fresno State and then have Fresno State beat Boise State.

Boise State looked awfully vulnerable in the opener against Washington. An embarrassing, shameful performance.

Having said that, I think it unlikely that Fresno State is good enough to beat Boise State this year but unable to beat Colorado. Still, never know. That's why you play the games.

local competition not much. Watch what he does against Denver schools and in playoff games

local competition not much. Watch what he does against Denver schools and in playoff games

Same thing he did last year. He is the top football player in the state of Colorado. Put him in a Valor uniform and he is a 5 star. Last I checked, GW is in Denver.

Same thing he did last year. He is the top football player in the state of Colorado. Put him in a Valor uniform and he is a 5 star. Last I checked, GW is in Denver.
I agree, he is on the top of my want list. Just saying the talent around Colorado Springs and Pueblo is not very good. Once they start playing the Denver public school system it goes up a little. Falcon is 4A.

I agree, he is on the top of my want list. Just saying the talent around Colorado Springs and Pueblo is not very good. Once they start playing the Denver public school system it goes up a little. Falcon is 4A.

I understand completely. I've watched this kid live, he is the best HS running back I have ever seen.

I will hold out judgement on the Lendale White comments until we see what he can do in the Pro's. Lendale White was a pretty effective back in the NFL for a few years and a regular contributor on loaded USC teams. That is a pretty lofty comparison.

I would have loved to have had LenDale as a Buff, kid was a stud.

That said he and Ballage seem to be different types of players. LenDale could dominate just by pounding on you over and over and had enough quickness to make people miss as they set for the pounding.

I haven't seen Ballage but our HS coaches have and they are highly impressed. They say he has enough strength to run through people but is much more explosive that a guy his size would normally be. They say he is quick in tight spaces and has the speed to turn a miss or broken tackle into a long gain.

Back