What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

I will hold out judgement on the Lendale White comments until we see what he can do in the Pro's. Lendale White was a pretty effective back in the NFL for a few years and a regular contributor on loaded USC teams. That is a pretty lofty comparison.

I didn't see anyone compare him to LenDale as a pro, or even college. The comparison was strictly a high school running back.

Last edited:
Reactions: aik
What about Lamar Houston? I know he was recruited by Texas for D-line but he sure was a pain in the ass to play against.

I see Ballage likely being a little shiftier than White, but not quite as powerful. Also think it's way to early to make such a comparison before he's even played a college down yet.

Last edited:
I sure hope he ends up at CU with all the good things people are saying about him. We really need an explosive RB to compliment the passing game.

At some point, CU will start landing kids like this again. Whether that starts with Kalen or not, I don't know.

An explosive back with this passing attack would be amazing. Like an offense we only maybe had in 1994.... I hope he knows he would play early and often. I don't see him as someone who wants to redshirt, and we would redshirt him if that's what it takes to get him here, but I would hope he has the fire to play right now. Hell.....we could use him right now as a 17 year old.

Wonder what he'd do in 5A. Probably destroy people too.

Looks like the kind of kid who would stand out at any level of HS football. His statistics may not be quite as high but he would still dominate.

Looks like the kind of kid who would stand out at any level of HS football. His statistics may not be quite as high but he would still dominate.

The last CO RB that stood out to me as dominant at his level of football was Mister Jones. Now, granted, I think Kalen is going to be much more impressive in college since he is making better choices and taking all aspects of his life seriously, but MJ was someone I saw in an early season game against a Denver public school that Comcast put on TV and he just cut through the opposing front seven time and again. Ran like he had a force field around him and made it look effortless. Another "fizzle in college" comparison here, but I think by December Kalen is going to be Colorado high school football's Marcus Dupree. Someone who makes running the ball look effortless and brings major conference coaches to watch him weekly. One of the most coveted national recruits from our state. If he played at a 4A or 5A in the 303 area code he would have been given a 5th star by Rivals by now.

I actually think he ends up achieving more success on the defensive side of the ball in college.

Much like Barr at UCLA, this kid is a LB, who wants to be a RB.... My two cents. Certainly hard to tell on film against the slow competition.

He's a better RB than LB.

He'd be a better athlete than we have been recruiting at either position. If it's a question of letting him play RB here or have him play LB (or RB) someplace else I'd have no problem with letting him be a RB.

This is true.

Thing is his favorites list is an indicator of the schools actually recruiting him at RB. Most of his big offers are as a LB.
Which could be to our advantage if we are offering to play Runningback which i think we should be.

Kalen Ballage 19 329 17.3 76 4
:wow:
Sounds good but when you go to his stats you see he caught zero passes out of the backfield. He must not be an all-around back so I am not very interested. Furthermore, he is way too tall-won't be able to get low enough going through the hole.
Signed EB

DJ Williams also started out as a RB at Miami, moved to Linebacker and has had a good NFL career. Ballage could be better than any RB currently on the roster. Would be a good fit in our pistol offense, running, catching passes out of the backfield.

DJ Williams also started out as a RB at Miami, moved to Linebacker and has had a good NFL career. Ballage could be better than any RB currently on the roster. Would be a good fit in our pistol offense, running, catching passes out of the backfield.

If we have the equivalent of Willis McGahee, Najeh Davenport, Clinton Portis and Frank Gore for our RB depth chart, I will be ok with it if a talent like Ballage decides his future with the Buffs is at LB like DJ Williams did at Miami.

If we have the equivalent of Willis McGahee, Najeh Davenport, Clinton Portis and Frank Gore for our RB depth chart, I will be ok with it if a talent like Ballage decides his future with the Buffs is at LB like DJ Williams did at Miami.

Fair enough.

OT, kind of but The Denver Post paper (I know, only old people read papers anymore) continues to degrade. They hardly cover prep sports any longer. They covered 1 game in today's (Saturday) paper. No other HS sports. When my kid ran cross country they had tons of stuff on all HS sports. No more. Sad.

OT, kind of but The Denver Post paper (I know, only old people read papers anymore) continues to degrade. They hardly cover prep sports any longer. They covered 1 game in today's (Saturday) paper. No other HS sports. When my kid ran cross country they had tons of stuff on all HS sports. No more. Sad.

The bad part is that it doesn't even take paid staff to handle prep sports. Most newspapers rely on fans/coaches/ex-coaches to write quick summaries of the games. The DP just doesn't care I guess.

The bad part is that it doesn't even take paid staff to handle prep sports. Most newspapers rely on fans/coaches/ex-coaches to write quick summaries of the games. The DP just doesn't care I guess.

They'd rather tell us what someone on the Bronco's practice squad is eating for breakfast.

It's not that they don't care, its just that the newspaper business model is facing a gradual collapse. Everything is moving to online distribution of information and advertising dollars are moving online too. Newpaper circulation is on a long slow death spiral and advertising revenues are rapidly disappearing:

News-paper-revenues-graph-B.jpg

Tweet from Big Mac that he's at the Falcon game tonight. Wonder who he's there to see...

Back