What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 College Football News

Hating a team that routinely works Nebraska over

nick_young_confused_face_300x256_nqlyaa.0.png

Outside of their choice of uniform color, Wisconsin is OK by me. Watching them play the nubs hurts my eyes. I'm generally content to just catch the highlights.

They'll be good like always. Not a top 15 team IMO.
Utah State, FAU, @BYU, NW, @Nubs, Purdue, Maryland, @Illinois, @Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, @Minnesota

Their schedule sets up very favorably this year. They should be 10-0 going into the Michigan game, in which they will probably be favored in at home, and then have a tough finale on the road vs Minnesota, that they should still win. There's a better chance that they are top 3-5 than outside of the top 10-15.

Utah State, FAU, @BYU, NW, @Nubs, Purdue, Maryland, @Illinois, @Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, @Minnesota

Their schedule sets up very favorably this year. They should be 10-0 going into the Michigan game, in which they will probably be favored in at home, and then have a tough finale on the road vs Minnesota, that they should still win. There's a better chance that they are top 3-5 than outside of the top 10-15.

I think they're going to lose a game they shouldn't lose.....probably BYU (Provo isn't the easiest place to play) or Nebraska

I dont think they're markedly better than more than 3 teams on that schedule.

Madison is a great town and their games are alot of fun - been to two. I have no problem with the Badgers unless we are playing them

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...one-already-suspension-cited-drug-possession/

The hits keep coming for McElwain. Urban Meyer passed on James Robinson after he got caught smoking weed on a visit. All 3 QBs are gonna play against Michigan because they all suck, his top WR is suspended, he's annoying his beat writers with his overly confident remarks (said they're going to beat the heck out of Michigan for example). But he and Shannon are finally recruiting like they should be and could land a top 5 class.

I'm most interested in the early weeks about Michigan/Florida and Auburn/Clemson.

Ohio State is actually one team I'm curious about. Meyer da best but they have some question marks. Young receivers, JT Barrett struggling to pass when they need it, new OC who should help but still a question mark.

Their front 7 is dominating, especially when you consider Bosa isn't even an every down guy because they're so loaded. And their system/coaching can reload after losing Conley, who was really good. But Marshon Lattimore was incredible - I'll never forget some mocks had him going in round 2 early in the season lmao. He had injury questions and only played one full season, and still was the #1 corner taken in a deep draft for corners. I don't think you can just replace him. Malik Hooker was also really damn good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting they will miss the CFP, I'm just curious about them. ^_^

An interesting stat regarding McElwain and Harbaugh is that if Florida beats UM next week then the 2 coaches will have almost identical records in their 3rd year: it would be 20-8 for McElwain and 20-7 for Harbaugh

My bad on this thread, I forgot that we did a week by week game thread which works better. Maybe this can serve as a catch-all for discussions about the season? Or you can lock it, it won't hurt my feelings ^_^

This is always my reaction when I hear people explain their 2 QB system:

giphy.gif

Interesting - new QB at Utah, new offensive coordinator. This coach is going to be either off the charts good or a disaster, having 1 year of CFB experience (from High School). I like the move and I think Utah could be very very good if this QB is as good as I think he might be.

Interesting - new QB at Utah, new offensive coordinator. This coach is going to be either off the charts good or a disaster, having 1 year of CFB experience (from High School). I like the move and I think Utah could be very very good if this QB is as good as I think he might be.
Very interesting, basically identical to Chad Morris when he helped save Dabo lol. Dude went 32-0 with Garrett Gilbert in HS and also made Jevan Snead look like a legit QB.

Back