What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Nice melons.
fight club chant GIF

Shurmur…
Ok, so a little context.

First 3 (OOC) - 41.3 ppg
Next 5 (P12 w Lewis) - 26.6 ppg
Next 3 (P12 w Shurmur) - 21.3 ppg

The first 3 includes a CSU game that had a defensive TD and saw CU score 22 points in the last minute of reg and the two OTs.

The next 5 under Lewis was a USC game that had them do nothing in the first half against a terrible defense and nothing in the second half against Stanford which was the catalyst for how this season is ending. This doesn’t even mention essentially getting shut out by Oregon.

I will also point out that once Shurmur took over, there was a much more concerted effort to run clock and shorten games, along with a generally more conservative strategy. Shedeur also didn’t play for pretty much the entire WSU game.

Shurmur isn’t good, but the offense wasn’t consistent, nor was it as good as people who haven’t really watched CU want to say it was under Lewis. There was a clear downward trend post-TCU. Red flags everywhere that we all kind of ignored.

I wish the best of luck to Sean Lewis but I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up back in G5 as a HC or got another OC job in P5. These P5 HC jobs are pretty competitive.

I wish the best of luck to Sean Lewis but I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up back in G5 as a HC or got another OC job in P5. These P5 HC jobs are pretty competitive.
Oh I don’t think he’s getting a P5 HC job unless it’s one like Iowa State or Cincinnati or something. I’d also say he’s a great candidate for the Penn State OC job, but I just don’t see a tier 1/2 program going all in with the run and shoot/flash fast/QB run/RPO offense. It’s gimmicky in its truest form

Lewis to Syracuse would seem weird to me since he came up under Babers (who just got canned).
Lewis’ stint as OC apparently broke numerous offensive records. If youre a well heeled 35 year old you may remember the prolific Donovan McNabb / Marvin Harrison offenses that set most of those records to begin with.

I said the same thing about UNC last year.

UNC may have even lucked into a win with Sanford in charge this year.
His players really liked and respected him.

Had he gone to Greeley it wouldn't have been a surprise if he didn't get 10-15 former Buffs to transfer with him. A lot of those guys were not PAC12 level players but would have been quality additions to UNC.

I don't know if he's ready, but if they give him a shot they better invest money in a veteran DC and veteran OL coach to handle a bunch of things while Marion focuses on his offense and all the HC/CEO functions. That's the model that has seemed to work in the NFL when they make a young hotshot OC their HC.

Who knows if this person actually knows anything, but I’ve seen a lot of stuff out there saying tOSU fans would be happy if he left. Why?
4 years, 4 finishes in the top 5.

But expectations have gone insane. He's lost to Michigan the last 2 years, hasn't won a B1G title since 2020, and has a 1-3 record in the playoffs. Buckeye fans refuse to accept this level of failure and personal suffering.

4 years, 4 finishes in the top 5.

But expectations have gone insane. He's lost to Michigan the last 2 years, hasn't won a B1G title since 2020, and has a 1-3 record in the playoffs. Buckeye fans refuse to accept this level of failure and personal suffering.
When I stood next to their fans at the Miami tOSU Fiesta Bowl all those years ago they were just hoping to not get embarrassed. now theyre as douchy as it gets.

Back