What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alamo Bowl Travel, Accommodation, Ticket, Food etc. Thread

Is there any reason to wait for the A.D. to start selling tickets? Would that be smarter/cheaper than just copping them off of stubhub right now?
1. If you buy from the AD, the school will get a little bit of the $
2. If you buy from the AD, you know that you'll be sitting in a sea of gold and black, if you buy from stubhub right now, you've got a 50/50 chance of sitting with ****kicking hillbillies wearing orange.
3. If you've ever made a donation or bought a season ticket in any sport at any point in your life, you'll probably end up with better tickets at the equivalent price points.

For the younger crowd looking to go out.... Pat Obrien's was the bar to go late night. It's also the bar that Trevone Boykin got arrested at

1. If you buy from the AD, the school will get a little bit of the $
2. If you buy from the AD, you know that you'll be sitting in a sea of gold and black, if you buy from stubhub right now, you've got a 50/50 chance of sitting with ****kicking hillbillies wearing orange.
3. If you've ever made a donation or bought a season ticket in any sport at any point in your life, you'll probably end up with better tickets at the equivalent price points.

Agreed, although the Alamo Bowl website already shows where the Pac12 team side will be.

Also, for those looking for really cheap tickets, if you go to the Alamo bowl's website, it looks like they still have their family pack available. 4 seats plus 4 meals for $100. $100 package sold out, but still have 4 seats plus 4 meals for $160.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/alamobowl/EN/promotion/home
I just tried it after I read your post. They still had the $100 deal, but the seats are at the top of the end zone seats and you have to buy in groups of four. As you select each seat, the price changes from $40 to $25.

It's not for me, as I'm only going with one other person, but it looks like a great deal if you're bringing your family and need to cut down on costs, and maybe the game isn't the highest priority for some of the family.

Booked airfare after the Utah game and it was still not cheap. Have a family friend that works at the Hyatt (by the Alamo, not the Grand Hyatt where those horse****ers are staying). Maybe still a few rooms left there if you want to stay where the team is staying. River Walk is okay but I don't get the hype. Probably take the kids there for dinner, maybe Six Flags on Friday?

Im pretty sure the one in the old gas station right off the highway in San Antonio is the original. It's the only one I've ever been to.
Correct. Is in Leon Springs just outside San Antonio on I-10. Right next door to the original Macaroni Grill.

We're road tripping down from the springs (4 adults, 2 kids in a Sequoia).

If you're also road tripping down, and want a good one or two day stop on the way, I'd recommend spending a day hiking (or mountain biking) the second largest canyon in the US - it's a few miles southeast of Amarillo.

We're planning on stopping for a day of hiking on the way back, and then Mrs skibum and I are bailing on rest of the drive by flying back to MD from Amarillo.

Correct. Is in Leon Springs just outside San Antonio on I-10. Right next door to the original Macaroni Grill.

There are actually a couple Rudy's in San Antonio. The one you mention, plus one on the west side of town off of the 410 highway.

hookers.blow.bourbon.

make it work.

and, remember... ozzie got arrested for peeing on the alamo. you, too, could be a legend.

hookers.blow.bourbon.

make it work.

and, remember... ozzie got arrested for peeing on the alamo. you, too, could be a legend.
Mrs Skibum asked me yesterday: "what is there to do in San Antonio?"
I answered: "well, we could go pee on the Alamo."

Sadly, she did not get it. She is almost 10 years younger than me though, so she does have an excuse...

i can assure you all, the next time i am in san antonio, i am pissing on the alamo. i respect and admire the folks that died there, but i feel i owe the piss to all texans in general.

i can assure you all, the next time i am in san antonio, i am pissing on the alamo. i respect and admire the folks that died there, but i feel i owe the piss to all texans in general.
You know what the best part of growing up on the east side of the continental divide in southern Colorado was?

Knowing that when you took a **** and flushed, all that **** would eventually end up in Texas.

You know what the best part of growing up on the east side of the continental divide in southern Colorado was?

Knowing that when you took a **** and flushed, all that **** would eventually end up in Texas.

damn. you are like a brother from another mother.

My sis went to boarding school in San Antonio. I remember staying in The Menger. I think it is there that Teddy Roosevelt formed The Rough Riders. The bar is still there.

I got round trip airfare on southwest for about $350. Not cheap, but a far cry from $1,200. Did the fares really jump that fast?

Austin is also not that far from San Antonio, so that might be another option for those of you looking for flights...

Just pulled the trigger on the 4/100 bundle. I figure I'll try to sneak into the student section and sit up in the nosebleeds if I can't. $75 is a lot to ask for student tickets for one game.

If you're having a hard time with airfare, consider flying back on Saturday instead of Friday. The extra hotel night will be made up in savings on airfare, and you can party in the Riverwalk on the Friday before New Years.

Back