What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alamo Bowl Travel, Accommodation, Ticket, Food etc. Thread

If you're planning on making a vacation out of coming down and if you have your children with you. Drive to Corpus and visit the Aquarium and the USS Lexington they're close together 3 1/2- 4 hrs drive. The water in the gulf is around 65 right now but will be a little cooler by the end of the month, that's cold to me now but you all are from Colorado it'll feel warm. If you want to stay around SA and enjoy being on or around water Lake Medina West of SA about 25 miles, beautiful lake and the water temp is around 70-75 degrees as of last weekend. As I think of some other suggestions I'll post them, it's been 11 yrs since I lived in SA and it's changed quite a bit.

If you're planning on making a vacation out of coming down and if you have your children with you. Drive to Corpus and visit the Aquarium and the USS Lexington they're close together 3 1/2- 4 hrs drive. The water in the gulf is around 65 right now but will be a little cooler by the end of the month, that's cold to me now but you all are from Colorado it'll feel warm. If you want to stay around SA and enjoy being on or around water Lake Medina West of SA about 25 miles, beautiful lake and the water temp is around 70-75 degrees as of last weekend. As I think of some other suggestions I'll post them, it's been 11 yrs since I lived in SA and it's changed quite a bit.

If you're in San Antonio for an extended time, I'd hit up nearby Fredericksburg, and New Braunfels/Greune. Fun towns with plenty to do. The Nimitz museum of the war in the Pacific is awesome in Fredericksburg.

If you're in San Antonio for an extended time, I'd hit up nearby Fredericksburg, and New Braunfels/Greune. Fun towns with plenty to do. The Nimitz museum of the war in the Pacific is awesome in Fredericksburg.
That's a great museum for a history Buff.

seriously though - The best chicken fried steak in the country at De Wese's Tip Top Cafe...Old friends of my family have owned and ran for years.

Hungry Farmer Steakhouse is another great place. we ate there like once a month as a kid growing up. Also a great chicken fried steak or chicken fried chicken.

Anyone wanting to see the Texas hill country up close and personal are advised to take Texas FM16 between Bandera and Kerrville.

If the river walk isn't your scene, the Hyatt Hill Country Resort (near Sea World) is a decent but pricy alternative. Bring your swimsuit.

If you're driving from Colorado, going south from Amarillo, and coming in on I-10 looks to be the fastest. Driving south on 281 through Mineral Wells, Marble Falls, Johnson City, Blanco etc, is probably the most scenic.

The Hyatt Hill Country is a fantastic place. I'm not sure the weather will be warm enough to swim, though. The golf will be good, though.

It's a gorgeous facility. Very family friendly without being overrun with kids. Also very pricey and nowhere even close to the Alamodome.

If you do go the Corpus Christi route?? you have to go to the Black Diamond Oyster Bar - best seafood I have ever had. The wait lines are sick, so go early and be patient.

If you are into or just want to experience a classic Texas Honky Tonk sort of vibe I just noticed Jason Boland is playing Floore's in Helotes (right outside of San Antonio). Great band in a classic location. Pat Green is also playing at Gruene Hall (Gruene/ New Braunfels is a short drive) that week but I am guessing those tickets will be hard to get.

If you are into or just want to experience a classic Texas Honky Tonk sort of vibe I just noticed Jason Boland is playing Floore's in Helotes (right outside of San Antonio). Great band in a classic location. Pat Green is also playing at Gruene Hall (Gruene/ New Braunfels is a short drive) that week but I am guessing those tickets will be hard to get.

Greune Hall is an great experience. Worth the cost of admission.

We booked the Holiday Inn Riverwalk. Plan on taking the bus to and from the game. It costs $1.30 per person and runs 3 hours before and 1 hour after the game with a stop at Commerce and Navarro. It is the Primo route that runs along Commerce and Market. It drops at the stadium on the north side.

Anyone wanting to see the Texas hill country up close and personal are advised to take Texas FM16 between Bandera and Kerrville.

If the river walk isn't your scene, the Hyatt Hill Country Resort (near Sea World) is a decent but pricy alternative. Bring your swimsuit.
That's a nice place to stay. The "Hill Country" is Texan for Mountains LOL.

If you're driving from Colorado, going south from Amarillo, and coming in on I-10 looks to be the fastest. Driving south on 281 through Mineral Wells, Marble Falls, Johnson City, Blanco etc, is probably the most scenic.
I 10 is the fastest and safest route, 281 is a nice drive and you'll hit SA at the 1604 loop S of Marble Falls. I highly recommend that if you are to use 281 plan on using it during the day light hours. The deer are so thick a long side the road at night it can be nerve racking.

I 10 is the fastest and safest route, 281 is a nice drive and you'll hit SA at the 1604 loop S of Marble Falls. I highly recommend that if you are to use 281 plan on using it during the day light hours. The deer are so thick a long side the road at night it can be nerve racking.
along with Javelina, wild hogs and an occasional Armadillo.

also good eats (mexican) can be found at Mi Tierra Cafe (24 hours)...real close to River walk. Good food and Allsome ambience.
Hemisfair Tower / Plaza is cool entertainment.
The San Antonio Zoo is one of the best anywhere.
The near by San Antonio Botanical Garden is really cool.

Or you can all come up to Austin and we'all just go drinking!
I have a wedding in Denver to attend so I'm not going to be able to go to the game..who gets married on a Thursday? Tues or Wed (taking the red eye Wed) I'll drink my share with the Black & Gold crew in Austin. Good group of alumni in Austin.

Back