What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alamo Bowl Travel, Accommodation, Ticket, Food etc. Thread

Can you say abobe with me? A-Doe-Bee.

And remember, there is no basement at The Alamo.

Went looking for tickets on cubuffs.com, and nothing came up ("no events match the search criteria"). Is this because I'm not a season ticket holder, or is their mobile site jacked?

Great place for visitors. Go down to the River Walk, walk around and pick your place. None will really let you down.

Rudy's has turned into Fast Food BBQ its better then no BBQ but not in my personal top 20
That's disappointing to hear. I really liked that place when we went there about six years ago. That was my last trip to San Antonio.

Another trick you can try is to book a flight to Phoenix, New Orleans, KC, and then another flight to San Antonio. The Den/Sat flights will be expensive, but if you book your own layover from a place where there isn't as big a demand, you could save some money. It'll take longer, but it may be worth it.

A man of taste...good call on that, better get a reservation though can be tough to get a table.
They don't take reservations that I'm aware of. Weekends can be a 3-4 hour wait, but Wednesday maybe just an hour or so. Cash only, and its BYOB so you'll see people bringing in coolers of beer. Google to see pics of the holding pit. It's spectacular. And you have to go to Driftwood.

Isn't Houston an option as an airport to fly to if you rent a car anyway?

Mrs Skibum asked me yesterday: "what is there to do in San Antonio?"
I answered: "well, we could go pee on the Alamo."

Sadly, she did not get it. She is almost 10 years younger than me though, so she does have an excuse...
I got younger at that position by a decade. It was sound team building for the future

Hell Corpus Christi (easy drive) would be a closer drive then Houston and almost as close as Austin.

They don't take reservations that I'm aware of. Weekends can be a 3-4 hour wait, but Wednesday maybe just an hour or so. Cash only, and its BYOB so you'll see people bringing in coolers of beer. Google to see pics of the holding pit. It's spectacular. And you have to go to Driftwood.
You're right I was thinking about another steakhouse in RR.

That's disappointing to hear. I really liked that place when we went there about six years ago. That was my last trip to San Antonio.
Rudy's is ok for fast BBQ and the cream corn is yummy but make sure you order the cutters choice. Don't bother with Bill Miller's nasty. I fly my kids down from Denver to Austin and it's an easy in and out 1 hr 50 mins flight direct and you're already on the South side of Austin so you don't have to deal with the traffic. You can also access the toll road 85 mph East and be in SA in about 1 hr.

Houston is an option to fly into. Be sure to check Hobby(HOU) airport as well as IAH. They're essentially equal distant from SA.

For those driving a word of caution if you partake.. Through the panhandle down to at least Big Spring having a CO plate you will be scrutinized by law enforcement.

For those driving a word of caution if you partake.. Through the panhandle down to at least Big Spring having a CO plate you will be scrutinized by law enforcement.
That's the truth. Do not go 1 mph over the speed limit through any town on 87 or 287. They WILL get you. Those little dying towns are desperate for revenue.

Back