What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise v Ducks

Interesting. But people are saying that Notre Dame's schedule is a joke, that they should win 10 games or Weis should be fired, and that this will likely get them into a BCS game even though they won't deserve it.

btw, Notre Dame opens with Nevada, the toughest opponent remaining on Boise State's schedule.

Notre Dame's Schedule:
Nevada
@ Michigan
Michigan State
@ Purdue
Washington
USC
Boston College
Washington State (neutral site)
Navy
@ Pittsburgh
Connecticut
@ Stanford

Boise State's Schedule:
Oregon
@ Toledo
UC Davis
Miami, Ohio
@ Tulsa
San Jose State
New Mexico State
Idaho
Nevada
@ Louisiana Tech
@ Hawaii
@ Utah State
@ Fresno State

Can you imagine if Notre Dame played Boise's schedule? Would you be calling for them to get a national title shot if they went undefeated?

Maybe I should have worded my post better. I think if BSU runs the table, they should get a spot in the NC game. I also think Utah should have been crowned the champ last year. If it isn't about wins and losses then I don't know what it is about. And yes, as much as I hate ND, if they run the table they should be in the NC game, same goes for any school that does it.

Whatever happens this year, I hope we have 3 or more BCS schools that are undefeated at the end. Whatever blows up this stupid system we have now is what I am rooting for.

Undefeated teams don't fall in the polls, though. Seeing as the polls are a major component of the computer rankings, I wouldn't put too much stock in them falling very far there.

Their schedule will keep them down in computer rankings, and sure won't help elevate them in human polls.

The thing witgh Boise though is they continue to beat the top dogs. Oklahoma, Oregon two years in a row. You would think a bcs team would be ready for Boise by now, but no, they continue to beat the big teams they play.

Two years in a row, but not two weeks in a row.

Maybe I should have worded my post better. I think if BSU runs the table, they should get a spot in the NC game. I also think Utah should have been crowned the champ last year. If it isn't about wins and losses then I don't know what it is about. And yes, as much as I hate ND, if they run the table they should be in the NC game, same goes for any school that does it.

Whatever happens this year, I hope we have 3 or more BCS schools that are undefeated at the end. Whatever blows up this stupid system we have now is what I am rooting for.

How can you possibly say that now, before you know who else may be undefeated? And then, aren't you going to take schedule into account?

Tell that to Oklahoma or Alabama.
Yea, OK lets see them do it 5 or 6 times in a season - bull $hit! That's what they would be faced with week in and week out in the SEC or Big 12 South. I don't buy one shot wonders. Let's see you do it over and over like Florida.

The thing witgh Boise though is they continue to beat the top dogs. Oklahoma, Oregon two years in a row. You would think a bcs team would be ready for Boise by now, but no, they continue to beat the big teams they play.

yeah, and if bsu had to play, oh, say, CU's conference schedule, do you honestly believe it wouldn't make a difference?

they'd wear down. they don't have same quality of starter, across the board, as the average bcs team, and they have nowhere near the depth.

anyone can beat anyone in one game. michigan lost in the big house to a lower tier team last year. does that really make michigan and said dogcrap team equal?

CU lost to ****ing montana state.

and, that ou v. bsu game has taken on mythical qualities. but, the fact of the matter is that if that game is played 10 times, ou wins probably 8 or 9. bsu was absolutely DONE at the end of that game. they were physically beaten up, worn down, and had nothing left to give. they went for 2 because they could not have survived an overtime. give them credit for huge hearts and a great system. but, they are NOT equal to a bcs team, even an average one.

Put BSU or Utah in the SEC or The Big 12 South and the $hit hits the fan!

Again, both schools have had that challenge in a BCS game and came away winners. The BCS proponents can whine all day about the schedule, but simple fact is, at the end of the day, one school wins their game and another loses their game. After that, the only way the big boys get to be the champs is because the old greedy geezers of the NCAA get to decide who the champ can be.

Your'e still just talkin bout one freakin game a year, try 5 or 6 like that in one season - every season. Are you telling me playing Nevada, New Mexico St., and Idaho is like playing Ole Miss, Alabama, and LSU?:lol:

Last edited:
yeah, and if bsu had to play, oh, say, CU's conference schedule, do you honestly believe it wouldn't make a difference?

they'd wear down. they don't have same quality of starter, across the board, as the average bcs team, and they have nowhere near the depth.

anyone can beat anyone in one game. michigan lost in the big house to a lower tier team last year. does that really make michigan and said dogcrap team equal?

CU lost to ****ing montana state.

and, that ou v. bsu game has taken on mythical qualities. but, the fact of the matter is that if that game is played 10 times, ou wins probably 8 or 9. bsu was absolutely DONE at the end of that game. they were physically beaten up, worn down, and had nothing left to give. they went for 2 because they could not have survived an overtime. give them credit for huge hearts and a great system. but, they are NOT equal to a bcs team, even an average one.
I totally agree with everything you said.

Again, both schools have had that challenge in a BCS game and came away winners. The BCS proponents can whine all day about the schedule, but simple fact is, at the end of the day, one school wins their game and another loses their game. After that, the only way the big boys get to be the champs is because the old greedy geezers of the NCAA get to decide who the champ can be.

Bull****. You dont get rewarded for playing a pussy schedule. You want to be taken seriously, schedule accordingly. Its not just the non BCS conferences, either. I dont like when the ACC or Big10 teams get hyped either, because they dont play the top caliber teams week in and week out that tougher conference teams do. I say throw out the conference tie ins and make SOS a bigger factor in determining who goes to the championship.

Sorry, but no way does BSU, Utah, Byu or any other mid-level champ last five minutes in the ACC, B12, SEC, Big 10 or Pac-10. Big Least, maybe, but just because these teams can get up and beat a BCS team once or twice a year does not make them MNC material.

I'm not saying BSU doesn't play an easier schedule. You guys do realize that if BSU was in a bigger conference we would just get more money and our recruiting would be better and we would have the depth.

If you take this BSU team and stick us in the PAC-10 or whatever are we going to win the conference? Probably not. You never know but I'm no so homerish to say we would dominate either. But given TIME to beef up the program we would be competative.

I don't understand how people can just rip on a program like BSU's. It's not their fault. You play with what you are dealt with. It's all good.

Well I just found out our brigade has been alerted for deployment so I gotta jet and see what's going on.

Sorry, but no way does BSU, Utah, Byu or any other mid-level champ last five minutes in the ACC, B12, SEC, Big 10 or Pac-10. Big Least, maybe, but just because these teams can get up and beat a BCS team once or twice a year does not make them MNC material.

I disagree i think any of those conferences except Big12/SEC that Boise and Utah finish no worse than second or third over the past few years. Pac10 and big11 are and have been basically 1 or 2 team conferences of late.

I disagree i think any of those conferences except Big12/SEC that Boise and Utah finish no worse than second or third over the past few years. Pac10 and big11 are and have been basically 1 or 2 team conferences of late.

Put BSU, BYU or Utah in the Big 10 and make them play a Big 10 sked and Mich. St. and tOSU would definitely beat them along with another team just because the level of competition would take it's toll. You could sub in USC, Cal/Stan, ASU for the Pac 10. JMO.

I would say the SEC and B12 would probably make any of those teams about a .500 club. The ACC would give them fits too.

I'm not saying they aren't impressive clubs, the fact we are having this discussion is a testament to how far they've come, I just think they are not quite there to legitimately say they are among the best, or in the case of the MNC, the best in the land.

In the current system, statements like this are what wrong with CFB. If your argument were true, every team would put together a cake-ass schedule to make sure they win as many games as possible (like all the criticism to SEC teams and their weak non-con shedule because "their con schedule is already difficult enough".) that is all we need is people scheduling **** teams to get to the MNC. If that is the case, I vote that CU moves to the WAC and schedules one game against a middle tier Pac10, Big10, or Big 12 team so we can get in to the BCS chat every year and play a BCS game...ridiculous. Play at least 4 ranked or very solid teams in the regular season...then you can discuss the opportunity to play with the Big boys...unbelievable!

Put BSU, BYU or Utah in the Big 10 and make them play a Big 10 sked and Mich. St. and tOSU would definitely beat them along with another team just because the level of competition would take it's toll. You could sub in USC, Cal/Stan, ASU for the Pac 10. JMO.

I would say the SEC and B12 would probably make any of those teams about a .500 club. The ACC would give them fits too.

I'm not saying they aren't impressive clubs, the fact we are having this discussion is a testament to how far they've come, I just think they are not quite there to legitimately say they are among the best, or in the case of the MNC, the best in the land.

TriCityBuff is spot on though. The reason BSU doesn't have the depth is because of the conference they recruit into. Put BSU in the Pac-10 and their recruiting WILL get better over time, and I would fully expect them to be competitive with the other schools in that conference as time went on.

TriCityBuff is spot on though. The reason BSU doesn't have the depth is because of the conference they recruit into. Put BSU in the Pac-10 and their recruiting WILL get better over time, and I would fully expect them to be competitive with the other schools in that conference as time went on.

BSU wouldn't make it in the Pac 10. It's not like Boise brings a ton of TV sets, and it's stadium is half the size of most of the Pac 10 stadiums. If Boise wants into the Pac 10, it needs to have about a half million people move to Boise, and then add about 30,000 seats to it's stadium.

OK, but they're not on that level now, therefore running thru their cupcake schedule undefeated shouldn't warrant them a spot in the MNC game.

OK, but they're not on that level now, therefore running thru their cupcake schedule undefeated shouldn't warrant them a spot in the MNC game.

But it should afford them the opportunity to prove it on the field in a playoff system. Otherwise the NCAA needs to limit Div I football to only BCS conference schools and the let the "mid-level" form their own division where they do have a shot at a national title.

excluding these schools who play in the same division before the season even starts because of the conference they play in is the sign of a broken system.

Yeah, I wouldn't argue that point, but it's chicken or the egg time on that issue. They can't recruit on that level because they aren't in a "big boy" conference, and they'll never be a "big boy" because they can't recruit like one... TCB is right though, the recruiting angle is what is holding them back. If, say BSU were in the Pac 10, after several years that issue might resolve itself, but right now, they just aren't there. JMO.

blount_falcon_punch.gif

BSU wouldn't make it in the Pac 10. It's not like Boise brings a ton of TV sets, and it's stadium is half the size of most of the Pac 10 stadiums. If Boise wants into the Pac 10, it needs to have about a half million people move to Boise, and then add about 30,000 seats to it's stadium.

Wazzou - Martin Stadium / 43,000 - Pullman, WA / 27,150 pop
Oregon State - Reser Stadium / 45,674 - Corvallis, OR / 53,900 pop
Stanford - Standord Stadium / 50,000 - Stanford, CA / 13,315 pop

Boise State - Bronco Stadium / 33,500 - Boise, ID / 202,832 pop (metro area 588k

I'd say that a minimum of 10K seats were added, then there's a legit case for the Broncos to join the Pac 10. The population arguement rings hollow as half a million are already there.

Although the majority of posters on the Oregonian site think that Blount's actions were absolutely wrong, I still find it amazing how many people will try to justify those actions... blame the BSU guy... or just come up with excuses.

Number one, lets hope we have better character on this team and will never have to see a Buff do that, but if we do, I hope we fans have enough character to call wrong... wrong even in a black and gold uniform.

Although the majority of posters on the Oregonian site think that Blount's actions were absolutely wrong, I still find it amazing how many people will try to justify those actions... blame the BSU guy... or just come up with excuses.

Number one, lets hope we have better character on this team and will never have to see a Buff do that, but if we do, I hope we fans have enough character to call wrong... wrong even in a black and gold uniform.

I would love to hear what Peterson said to his guy after that since he was right in the mix...:lol:. "I guess you shouldn't have been talkin' ****, thats what happens!" Seriously though...I'd like to see his ass off the team done with NCAA. The punch alone could have been a couple game suspension, but taking in to account the whole scene and hime fighting with fans, his own players, coaches, and the 5-0...no need for people like that. make an example!

Wazzou - Martin Stadium / 43,000 - Pullman, WA / 27,150 pop
Oregon State - Reser Stadium / 45,674 - Corvallis, OR / 53,900 pop
Stanford - Standord Stadium / 50,000 - Stanford, CA / 13,315 pop

Boise State - Bronco Stadium / 33,500 - Boise, ID / 202,832 pop (metro area 588k

I'd say that a minimum of 10K seats were added, then there's a legit case for the Broncos to join the Pac 10. The population arguement rings hollow as half a million are already there.

i can see your logic with the relative population bases in pullman and corvallis, but you might want to rethink the assertion that the relative population base in the stanford area is 13K....

Last edited:
I'm not saying BSU doesn't play an easier schedule. You guys do realize that if BSU was in a bigger conference we would just get more money and our recruiting would be better and we would have the depth.

If you take this BSU team and stick us in the PAC-10 or whatever are we going to win the conference? Probably not. You never know but I'm no so homerish to say we would dominate either. But given TIME to beef up the program we would be competative.

I don't understand how people can just rip on a program like BSU's. It's not their fault. You play with what you are dealt with. It's all good.

Well I just found out our brigade has been alerted for deployment so I gotta jet and see what's going on.

That's all I'm saying. Boise is a great WAC team. Right now, they're maybe an upper-half finisher in the Pac-10 if they switched conferences. Given that, Boise fans should be happy that an undefeated season gets you a BCS appearance. People should shut up about playing in the BCS championship, though, because everyone knows they don't belong there.

And the argument about how things would change over time if moved to a power conference doesn't make sense to me. That has nothing to do with the current team. And as far as we know it could go either direction... better recruits and becoming a national power due to the conference affiliation... or going into the crapper due to not having the resources to compete with the other programs in the conference.

Hey just found out our state is headed back to Iraq. It's going to be an interesting year.

Ok back on topic.

FYI the Bronco stadium currently has plans to upgrade to a 50,000 seat capacity. Just need about 19 million dollars. Hence the reason we really want to get back to a BCS game.

The Treasure Valley (Boise, Nampa, Caldwell and many others) equals about 500,000 people and going up quickly. This place is booming right now.

And finally with concerns to the Blue Field. If you watch the game on TV they do blend in. However you have to remember that when you are on the field it is a different view. I've been down there and trust me your eyes don't focus on the blue. You are looking parallel with the field. You may see all the blue fans or orange fans but you aren't looking at the turf. Not only that but if Oregon can't see our players then we can't see our own either. If Masouli can't see the defenders then Moore can't see his receivers. Like the blue or not it's a lame excuse that people other than players use to justify losing there. Take away the Blue and it won't make a difference.

That's all I'm saying. Boise is a great WAC team. Right now, they're maybe an upper-half finisher in the Pac-10 if they switched conferences. Given that, Boise fans should be happy that an undefeated season gets you a BCS appearance. .

They would have won the Big12 NORTH the last several years imo. Still, they would take a beating in the championship game and go to a crappy non BCS bowl game......

BTW, don't think we can get into the PAC-10. I don't believe our academics are up to par yet and we don't have enough sports programs. We are getting there but it will be awhile.

What we want to do is move to the MWC. BYU, Utah, TCU and BSU make for a pretty stong arguement of ousting the Big Least as the 6th BCS conference.

Back