What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

Everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion. Maybe I'm just being selfish. I have dreamed about watching CU in the Rose Bowl.

I honestly feel that it is in the best long term interest of this program to play with in the Rose Bowl. I've articulated my reasoning. Anybody can disagree with me if they want.

Don't get me wrong, I would be absolutely ecstatic to play in the rose bowl. Selfishly as a fan, I think the Rose Bowl would be a better trip and a better experience. Doesn't mean that CU shouldn't be aiming for the CFP though.

CU should be aiming to win the next two games and then let the chips fall where they may. It would suck for the conference to be left out of the playoff for the second year in a row.

I don't buy into all that not being able to compete. I feel the Buffs can compete with anyone in the country at this point. Mindset is huge.
Remember when Boise seriously under talented beat ou??
Being confident and creative coaching accomplishes a lot.

CU should be aiming to win the next two games and then let the chips fall where they may. It would suck for the conference to be left out of the playoff for the second year in a row.

Don't get me wrong, I would be absolutely ecstatic to play in the rose bowl. Selfishly as a fan, I think the Rose Bowl would be a better trip and a better experience. Doesn't mean that CU shouldn't be aiming for the CFP though.

The Alamo Bowl isn't a bad consolation prize, either. Playing the Bedlam loser (gotta think either of them are more attractive to them than WVU) deep in the heart of Texas would be very beneficial for recruiting.

Who cares? The Rose Bowl is an afterthought relative to the CFP.

TSchek doesn't love the grandaddy of them all?

Honestly, from a fan experience, the Rose Bowl parade and the So Cal New Year's Day experience is an iconic American scene that transcends anything Atlanta can offer.

I get where you are coming from as a football logic guy. But I'm more excited about a Rose Bowl experience this time around.

Think about this for a second-we are a qb injury (IMO we beat Michigan if not for the Sefo injury) and converting off of one more USC turnover away from being 10-0 right now. The idea that we are going to be Alabama's sacrificial lamb if we make the playoff (along the lines of Michigan State) doesn't add up. This team's body of work proves it can play with anyone in the country. Would Alabama be favored if we played them tomorrow? Yes, and rightly so. Would we have a repeat of last year's Cotton Bowl? No.

Win the next 2 and see what happens. Starts this weekend with the Yoots. Do not win this one and the whole conversation is over. Win, and we can debate this again next week. Either way, I want to see them win both and get a shot at the CFP. The story would be incredible and we would be the story of the playoffs. Conference doormat to championship playoffs. The storylines would be amazing.

Even if CU wins out, it would take some losses in the top 4 of the CFP fro CU to get a shot.
Bama, Clemson, Ohio St./Michigan winner, at least as of now, appear to be the top 3. Then you have Wiscy, Perv. St., OU (theoretically CU would have nudged UW out with a CCG win), so I am not sure CU automatically gets the fourth slot.

If they do, as the likely four seed, it will be Bama in the first round. That would be a very tough game.

TSchek doesn't love the grandaddy of them all?

Honestly, from a fan experience, the Rose Bowl parade and the So Cal New Year's Day experience is an iconic American scene that transcends anything Atlanta can offer.

I get where you are coming from as a football logic guy. But I'm more excited about a Rose Bowl experience this time around.
Agree with this. As the son of 2 Michigan alums, I've been fortunate to have attended a few Rose Bowl games, and it's a truly magical fan experience - it's pomp and tradition unlike any other college football experience and it's in the epicenter of our recruiting and alumni footprint.

I understand the logic behind wanting to seize the moment if we are fortunate to land in the playoff, but playing Alabama indoors, in an NFL stadium, in the heart of SEC country just doesn't sound real fun.

I would harbor zero sour grapes if an 11-2 CU misses out on the CFP and gets relegated to the Rose Bowl.

A fourth seed CFP birth would be a bigger statement and, of course, carry more prestige than the Rose. My biggest beef with the Play Offs invite is that the crowd mix in Atlanta would be as lopsided with Tide fans as the 2005 CCG in Houston was with Vince Young's Longhorns supporters. When CU gets a CFP invite, I'd rather that the resume puts the Buffs in the first or second seed, and have the game played in California, Arizona or Texas in front of >60,000 Buffs.

I would harbor zero sour grapes if an 11-2 CU misses out on the CFP and gets relegated to the Rose Bowl.

A fourth seed CFP birth would be a bigger statement and, of course, carry more prestige than the Rose. My biggest beef with the Play Offs invite is that the crowd mix in Atlanta would be as lopsided with Tide fans as the 2005 CCG in Houston was with Vince Young's Longhorns supporters. When CU gets a CFP invite, I'd rather that the resume puts the Buffs in the first or second seed, and have the game played in California, Arizona or Texas in front of >60,000 Buffs.
Or in 2001 CCG in Dallas vs a Chris Simms/Major Applewhite's Longhorn supporters.

He should be saying that. The team controls their path to that bowl game. The CFP is out of their hands.

Exactly.

Beat Utah then beat North Champ = Rose Bowl invite.

Whether they get a CFP invite to supersede the Rose Bowl is not something that they can or should worry about.

Give me the Rose Bowl all day. I don't think being Bama's sacrificial lamb will do us any good. Nobody's coming close to them this year. But we can sell Rose Bowl champs, put up a banner, all that ****!

Not saying we would win, but I do not think anyone making the playoff this year is merely a sacrificial lamb for Bama.

I'm not even sure that Bama makes it. Could very well lose to Auburn this week and Florida looked much better against LSU than Bama did.

There really is no wrong answer in this instance IMO.

Either way, the positive attention for the program would be immense. Either way, so many Buff fans around the country would be able to celebrate a great season. Either way, we would get to play a high profile opponent in an electric atmosphere. Either way, this team would have an opportunity to stake their claim as one of the elite teams in CU history.

Back