What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

Huge letdown if we end up in a bowl against WMU.
Big let down indeed. That being said, living in Chicago and having to listen to the narrative being spun by all of the WMU fans here this year, I wouldn't hate boat racing them on national TV.

WMU is the sort of matchup I would want to avoid. You want your players to go into the game with a chip on their shoulder with something to prove. WMU would have that. CU not as much.

We need to play a P5 team and we need to be focused on winning it, not "enjoying the holiday visit".

Playing WMU would suck but a big time bowl game in Dallas would be about as perfect as it gets for out recruiting strategy this year.

A scrappy undefeated WMU team playing against an unexpected bowl contender entering a high-end bowl after a long drought.... both teams would be into it I think. And both fanbases.

So the P12 can have as few as 6, or as many as 9 bowl eligible teams. My guess is will be seven as I expect Furd to beat Cal this weekend. I also expect SC to beat UCLA, which would eliminate both. ASU will likely beat AZ netting their 6th win and bowl eligibility.

So, my guesses at this point are:

The Pac-12 gets a team in the Rose Bowl. It’s the Pac-12 champion if it’s not in the College Football Playoff.
1. Rose Bowl (New Year’s Six) SC v. tOSU
2. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12 UW v. Okie Lite
3. National University Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten CU v. Perv. St.
4. Foster Farms Bowl vs. Big Ten WSU v. Iowa
5. Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. ACC Utah v. Miami
6. Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West Furd v. Boise St.
7. Motel 6 Cactus Bowl vs. Big 12 ASU v. KjSU (there is a certain symmetry here, two upscale jucos playing in a low rent hotel sponsored bowl)

Kind of fun to be able to guess what bowl CU will go to...seems like a long time....

So the P12 can have as few as 6, or as many as 9 bowl eligible teams. My guess is will be seven as I expect Furd to beat Cal this weekend. I also expect SC to beat UCLA, which would eliminate both. ASU will likely beat AZ netting their 6th win and bowl eligibility.

So, my guesses at this point are:

The Pac-12 gets a team in the Rose Bowl. It’s the Pac-12 champion if it’s not in the College Football Playoff.
1. Rose Bowl (New Year’s Six) SC v. tOSU
2. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12 UW v. Okie Lite
3. National University Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten CU v. Perv. St.
4. Foster Farms Bowl vs. Big Ten WSU v. Iowa
5. Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. ACC Utah v. Miami
6. Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West Furd v. Boise St.
7. Motel 6 Cactus Bowl vs. Big 12 ASU v. KjSU (there is a certain symmetry here, two upscale jucos playing in a low rent hotel sponsored bowl)

Kind of fun to be able to guess what bowl CU will go to...seems like a long time....

Dude - SC winning the conference? What kind of asshole are you?

Seriously though, I don't think your breakdown is correct. USC winning the conference would be contigent on CU losing their final two games, which would most definitely put us out of the running for the Holiday Bowl. We'd probably be stuck at the Chicken Bowl.

Seriously though, I don't think your breakdown is correct. USC winning the conference would be contigent on CU losing their final two games, which would most definitely put us out of the running for the Holiday Bowl. We'd probably be stuck at the Chicken Bowl.
That would take use losing to WSU and then beating Utah. Not gonna happen!

LOL...hopefully an asshole really bad at guessing.

I will root for CU to win out. But, they haven't exactly looked sharp in their last two games. Frankly, I am a little nervous about Saturday, not so nervous about the following Saturday.

SC is playing lights out right now. It's just a guess, don't get your panties in a wad.

BTW, what is the deal with the CU to Cotton Bowl talk? Am I missing something?

I will root for CU to win out. But, they haven't exactly looked sharp in their last two games. Frankly, I am a little nervous about Saturday, not so nervous about the following Saturday.

SC is playing lights out right now. It's just a guess, don't get your panties in a wad.

I'm just funning you - it would take a special set of circumstances for SC to win the division, so I decided to give you ****.

With our two remaining games being at home, I believe we are the favorites to win the division still, but of the other two, Utah has to have the better chance. SC is left hoping we and Utah both stumble.

With all of the TX schools right now ****ting their pants if we dont make the Rose or CFP. I think it is far more beneficial to play in either of the Texas options (Cotton, Alamo) it would set up a recruiting scenario very similar to the late 80's and we all know what happened back then

Cotton Bowl is (i think) the only New Year's Six bowl without any tie-ins. They can take any two at large teams. CU could be selected to play in that game.

The Cotton has to take the G5 team and the highest ranked team. Using these latest rankings as an example, we would play in that game.

Alamo Bowl seems the most likely. Blasphemy yes I know. Wazzu beating UDub would certainly change things though

Alamo Bowl seems the most likely. Blasphemy yes I know. Wazzu beating UDub would certainly change things though
Could be interesting, last year Iowa and Florida only dropped one spot for losing their conference championship game while north Carolina didn't drop at all for losing theirs. I think if the buffs stay competitive in that game they could easily stay above USC. Just beat Utah though.

Could be interesting, last year Iowa and Florida only dropped one spot for losing their conference championship game while north Carolina didn't drop at all for losing theirs. I think if the buffs stay competitive in that game they could easily stay above USC. Just beat Utah though.
This year Michigan didn't drop after losing to unranked Iowa.

Actually if we win Saturday I think we're in the Rose Bowl. We'd have to be in at 10-3 over a 9-3 USC especially with 1 loss being in the conference champ game.

I think we're locking in to athe least the Alamo Bowl. Unless we lose to Utah and Wazzu beats UDUB. Then it could be all the way down to the Holiday Bowl :(

Holiday bowl would still be great. Blows me away that Alamo is rated higher. That being said, win the next two and we are at least in the Rose Bowl at worst which is pretty damn cool.

Back