What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

It's a shame that there wasn't an upset..... either CU or Va Tech.... we would have been able to settle all of these arguments!!

Anyway..... I hear that it is Alamo bound for us!

Haha Chris Peterson just called out ESPN for drawing out this whole rankings show.

Yup that and he had class when they head guy is a total ass. I loved how he told them they make the schedules in advance so you just don't know. ESPN tends to forget logic.

It's a shame that there wasn't an upset..... either CU or Va Tech.... we would have been able to settle all of these arguments!!

Anyway..... I hear that it is Alamo bound for us!

I have no idea how any of you guys get excited for the Alamo bowl. CU is more deserving of the rose bowl than USC is.

Even better there's a later show on this evening to discuss the top 4 again. Over saturation much?

There are two P5 conferences that play nine conference games. Each has had a two lost champion in the past two years just miss the CFP (Stanford last year and now PSU).

Drop the 9th game in lieu of another P5 game.

Ah. Although both those teams were screwed by a bad OOC loss, bot getting beat up in conference, so I don't see how the extra game was the issue.

I'd prefer going to 8 anyway, for variety and a chance to get a game with a Texas team most years (for recruiting).

Even better there's a later show on this evening to discuss the top 4 again. Over saturation much?

Are you referring to the Bowl Selection show that's on ESPNU at 2pm MT? That's for all the bowls, and when we find out where we're going. What ESPN's main channel is doing does stagger the mind though ... a 4 hour show discussing the final four teams and selection process? Good luck with that ... I'm switching to the Broncs game now.

GettyImages-627299742.0.jpeg

USC is a much better team than CU. they proved it.

I won't complain if somehow CU gets the Rose Bowl bid, but USC deserves it.

How are they a "much better" team when they only beat us by 4 with us having our starting QB and unquestioned leader injured?

The only "much better" team we played all season is Washington.

I have no idea how any of you guys get excited for the Alamo bowl. CU is more deserving of the rose bowl than USC is.
In fairness, think back two months. With a little perspective it's hard to not get excited for any bowl. Yes, we wanted more, but the very fact that we were in the discussion for more is amazing, all things considered, and I'm just excited to go see the Buffs play one more time while knowing that the best is yet to come. What a ride the Rise has been, and how exciting to look towards the future with optimism now. Besides, spending a few days in San Antonio isn't the worst way to end a great year.

Why wouldn't you be excited for the Alamo Bowl?
Because CU deserves to be in the Rose Bowl. On it's own, there is nothing wrong with the Alamo, but if CU gets knocked behind of USC because they played an extra CHAMPIONSHIP game, then that is bull****, plain and simple. Buffs ended regular season ahead of USC and USC sitting at home doing nothing should never move them ahead of a team that went and played an extra game against the 4th ranked team in the country.

How are they a "much better" team when they only beat us by 4 with us having our starting QB and unquestioned leader injured?

The only "much better" team we played all season is Washington.

And look what they did to Washington.

The only reason our game with USC was that close is their four turnovers. They could have scored again at the end of the game and elected to run out the clock. They put up over 500 yards of offense on us. That 21-17 score could have easily been 45-17. USC is a much better team than CU. it's ok to admit that.

USC is better, but not more deserving. Even being better is arguable based on head to head. They won by 4 at their house against our backup QB.
I don't follow the logic that can say that the better team is not more deserving.

Back