What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

Foster Farms Bowl is also going to be a bit tricky too due to its location. Flying into San Jose is pricey, but if you fly into San Fran, you either have to rent a car or deal with CalTrain.

Accommodation in SF is ridiculously expensive also. Only up there with London from the places I've been to. Should probably consider staying South of SF or somewhere in the East BAy.

AirBnB is your friend for inexpensive lodging options - even if you you're bringing the entire family: there are lots of "whole house/apartment" listings and the savings can go beyond the price of the room if you actually use a kitchen to prepare some meals.

Who said that we don't control our own destiny? Ofcourse we do. We don't in a case of a 3 way tie if Utah beats us and we all end up with 2 losses in the PAC......

If USC wins out, we lose to Utah and Utah loses to Washington, that is where we don't control......

Makes sense. If specified prior I obviously missed it. Utah isn't beating us in Boulder. I've watched them several times this year and we are a much, much better team. Honestly more concerned about the Pirate's squad.

I'd like a tie in with one of the myriad of Florida bowl games. There's something like 6 bowl games in Florida isn't there?

Pac-12 needs to travel east for bowl games to get exposure. Bowl tie-ins are pathetic.
Two bowl games outside the conference footprint (and yes, I count Vegas as in the footprint): Sun and Alamo, and they are just about the closest bowls you can get and still be outside the footprint.

At least we're not the SEC, which has every single bowl game within its footprint (Charlotte, NC : SEC = Las Vegas, NV : P12).

Everyone keeps saying we need a bowl game on the east coast, but I don't think fans from our conference would travel very well for a mid-tier bowl game.
Yeah I'm not really understanding the thinking there, Texas is one thing, the East Coast would be horrible for attendance.

Let's face it, lower tier bowls dont get big attendance numbers anyway.
I do see how that might make it less attractive for an east coast bowl game to have a PAC 12 tie in, though.

Let's face it, lower tier bowls dont get big attendance numbers anyway.
I do see how that might make it less attractive for an east coast bowl game to have a PAC 12 tie in, though.
And an East Coast bowl game does what exactly?

I was really hoping for a rematch of CU/Mich in the rose bowl. We win out and loose to UW in champ game. Clemson losses to FSU. Ohio St Beats Mich and moves back to #4 Could Happen!

Spreads our brand around a little. Let's folks there know that there is some good football played West of the Mississippi.
So you are talking about the conferences we play, not where the bowl game is at? All bowl games are on tv and they are poorly attended like you said so doesn't seem like that would have much impact on our brand. Playing the SEC in a bowl game would be cool but that doesn't mean it has to be in Florida, it can definitely be in Texas.

So you are talking about the conferences we play, not where the bowl game is at? All bowl games are on tv and they are poorly attended like you said so doesn't seem like that would have much impact on our brand. Playing the SEC in a bowl game would be cool but that doesn't mean it has to be in Florida, it can definitely be in Texas.
Not if we are planning on recruiting much in Florida. Just like playing a game in Texas helps with recruiting there, playing a game in Florida should help there, too.

I was really hoping for a rematch of CU/Mich in the rose bowl. We win out and loose to UW in champ game. Clemson losses to FSU. Ohio St Beats Mich and moves back to #4 Could Happen!
While we're at it, maybe we can hope to play CSU again in the Las Vegas Bowl! I wouldn't be too upset because it's the Rose Bowl, but nobody wants to see a game that already happened. Ohio State or Wisco in the Rose Bowl would be ideal. Wisconsin preferably for me, so my gf will want to make the trip out for it.

I'm just not seeing what other bowl tie ins outside of the existing ones that might actually be appealing to both fans and the politics of conference bowls & their existing conference tie ins are going to come from.

The SEC and the Big 10 having 10 bowls each with 14 teams is a joke when the Pac 12 has 7 bowls for 12 teams, but the bowls themselves would have to opt out for us to have a shot at it, and it is going to be the Independence and Heart of Dallas Bowls of the world that would be the first to try to do so.

I believe we are more likely to have less bowls (as discussed in another thread) before we have Pac 12 teams participating in bowls farther east than Texas.

I'm guessing we go to the PAC CG but lose to UW...they look wicked good but haven't really played anyone yet...playing Utah will tell me more. I'm guessing Rose Bowl for us as UW will be in the CFP.

That's my brain...my heart says we finish 12-2 after winning the Rose Bowl. Go Buffs!

I added who would be calling each game on TV:

Las Vegas Bowl - 12/17 (ABC TBD)
Holiday - 12/27 (ESPN TBD)
Cactus - 12/27 (ESPN TBD)
Foster Farms - 12/28 (Gus Johnson/Joel Klatt)
Alamo - 12/29 (Dave Fleming/Mack Brown)
Sun - 12/30 - (Brad Nessler/Gary Danielson/ Allie LaForce)
Rose - 1/2 (Brent Musberger/Jesse Palmer)

I added who would be calling each game on TV:

Las Vegas Bowl - 12/17 (ABC TBD)
Holiday - 12/27 (ESPN TBD)
Cactus - 12/27 (ESPN TBD)
Foster Farms - 12/28 (Gus Johnson/Joel Klatt)
Alamo - 12/29 (Dave Fleming/Mack Brown)
Sun - 12/30 - (Brad Nessler/Gary Danielson/ Allie LaForce)
Rose - 1/2 (Brent Musberger/Jesse Palmer)
TBD is going to be a busy man...

Everyone keeps saying we need a bowl game on the east coast, but I don't think fans from our conference would travel very well for a mid-tier bowl game.

Lot of Pac alums in the East, especially CU. We show up in force at all East Coast games. We'd show up, and an appealing bowl in Florida would draw many for a winter vacation. A Pac/SEC would be great. Regardless, our bowl lineup sucks compared to other power conferences. Our #4 playing the B1G #7 is an embarrassment. The Alamo is a good bowl, but I think a Pac #2 is worthy of more.

Back