What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

Charlie Weatherbie out at UL-M...as if anybody cared.

Friedgen returns to Maryland.

UNLV looking at Dennis "hold the rope" Franchione...no word on the newsletter subscription rate, yet.

Charlie Weatherbie out at UL-M...as if anybody cared.

Friedgen returns to Maryland.

UNLV looking at Dennis "hold the rope" Franchione...no word on the newsletter subscription rate, yet.

Apparently, the situation at Maryland is more screwed up than the situation here. They simply can't afford to fire him. No money anywhere.

Apparently, the situation at Maryland is more screwed up than the situation here. They simply can't afford to fire him. No money anywhere.

How is that more screwed up than CU? Same result and if we do have the money, we will not spend it to make it better. Sounds like we may be more screwed up. :huh:

But this is Maryland's first bad year over the last 4 years.

Stoops continues to deny all the reports of him to ND and it sounds like he's getting pissed about it:

“I don’t know where (Schefter) is getting his information, but it’s wrong,” Stoops said in a telephone interview. “It’s all been wrong.”

Schefter reported on ESPN’s Monday Night Countdown that word around the NFL was that “Bob Stoops will wind up coaching Notre Dame, and he’s the leader in the clubhouse if they can get the details ironed out.”

Schefter made the claim even though Stoops had said earlier in the day that he would be coaching at OU next season. When he watched and listened to Schefter’s report Tuesday, Stoops had enough.

“He’s trying to cover his (Monday
b
night) mistake,” Stoops said. “There were never any talks that broke down, because there were never ever any negotiations or details or plans for a meeting.”
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...jectid=92&articleid=20091201_92_0_InSanD57084

Does Maryland have one of those succession plans for Friedgen as is the trend with many programs now? If so I can see him getting another year with the next guy already handling the transition.

Does Maryland have one of those succession plans for Friedgen as is the trend with many programs now? If so I can see him getting another year with the next guy already handling the transition.

They do. That's part of the reason he's staying. Maryland had a buyout for the "Coach in Waiting" in addition to the buyout for Friedgen. They don't want his successor now, either, and the money got compounded another $1-2 million.

:lol: Not saying it isn't true, but ...

The source, who is a well-informed person of influence at Notre Dame, says the Cincinnati coach is the preferred choice for the job, and that he is expected to eventually sign a deal.

is not the same as "Kelly has accepted the job." Why is IrishCentral.com so sure Kelly will be the next coach? Because ...

Kelly, a Massachusetts native and proud Irish American, is an obvious choice to take over from the outbound Charlie Weis, given his background and outstanding success with the Cincinnati program.

... and everyone knows that if you are of Irish ancestry, you love Notre Dame football. Solid reporting there! :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's pretty weak right there. I think eventually Kelly does end up at ND, but there's no substance to this report whatsoever.

That was pretty fast.

I could see this ending quite differently than that article portrays.

is not the same as "Kelly has accepted the job." Why is IrishCentral.com so sure Kelly will be the next coach? Because ...

... and everyone knows that if you are of Irish ancestry, you love Notre Dame football. Solid reporting there! :thumbsup:

All good points, I'm just throwing it out there to BE THE FIRST TO REPORT the BREAKING NEWS for those who are interested....:smile2:

Cracks me up. Weis doesn't even get his own thread while Al Groh does. ND gets no respect. :lol:

N who? :smile2:

I want to see Stoops pull a Neuheisel and wind up in Notre Dame within the next week.

fify

Yeah, pretty hard to believe the wishful thinking of a site called irishcentral.com without serious backup.

ESPN is reporting that Mangino is gone. Some rumors out there of Edsall, Holtz, and Harbaugh. I really cannot imagine Harbaugh would leave Stanford, but there is plenty of talk out there.

ESPN is reporting that Mangino is gone. Some rumors out there of Edsall, Holtz, and Harbaugh. I really cannot imagine Harbaugh would leave Stanford, but there is plenty of talk out there.

i assume skip and not lou.... right?

lou would be friggin painful.... :lol:

All three are also supposedly in the running for the ND job, but I can't see why any of them (except Skip) would "settle" for KU over their current job.

Holtz to Notre Dame would be interesting. Then Lou would never shut up about the Irish.

All three are also supposedly in the running for the ND job, but I can't see why any of them (except Skip) would "settle" for KU over their current job.

Holtz to Notre Dame would be interesting. Then Lou would never shut up about the Irish.

Lou never shuts up about the Irish as it is now.

Doesn't KU's AD have a connection with UConn or something? I think that's why Edsall's name keeps coming up in regard to KU. And people forget this, but Skip Holtz was the head coach at UConn prior to Edsall and was the guy that really built that program into a top 1-AA program.

Doesn't KU's AD have a connection with UConn or something? I think that's why Edsall's name keeps coming up in regard to KU. And people forget this, but Skip Holtz was the head coach at UConn prior to Edsall and was the guy that really built that program into a top 1-AA program.

Yep. Forgot about that.

Would be a strange musical coaching chair if Edsall went to KU and Holtz to UConn. Was it the same AD that they both worked for, that is now at Kansas? Might be why both of their names are in the rumor mill.

Would think they would be after a guy with a strong Texas recruiting base.

Yeah, don't see Harbaugh going to KU - Stanford is much closer to contending for a Pac 10 title than KU is in the Big 12. Better jobs will come calling for Harbaugh.

Besides Palo Alto>>>>>Lawrence.

Hmmm. Ku > Cu At least in terms of $$$

Isn't that the case for 80% of all "BCS" jobs?

I know Mangino had a pretty hefty (stop it) contract but that was after he had been there for a good while.

Not sure the new HC will start out at the same level he left with.

Phil Fulmer would look like a svelt HC at KU!

I know Mangino had a pretty hefty (stop it) contract but that was after he had been there for a good while.

If you were a HC and knew KU paid Mangino X would you accept a job for less than X? Or would you demand greater than X? I could see an assistant accepting a job for less than X.

If you were a HC and knew KU paid Mangino X would you accept a job for less than X? Or would you demand greater than X? I could see an assistant accepting a job for less than X.

Definitely depends on where the new HC is coming from. I think generally they understand that the second contract or extension is the big money contract. Unless you are Nick Saban.

Hawk came in 80% of what Barnett was making initially.

I think KU may have what they need to stay competitive in Ed Warriner. Just a thought, and I think it saves them a whole lot of risk and trouble.

The amazing thing -- Magino's first contract when he came to KU, was for $600,000 per year.

He was at $1.8 mil this year.

Back