What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Who cares about CSEwe. I can search the back pages of the local paper or Google search their NIT results some day but don't give a **** about that today.

I'm already dreaming this is the year we catch a break and become the beneficiary of an upset giving us a much easier route to the Sweet 16. Let's keep winning and boosting our seeding...let's do this...Be interesting to see where they'll place us for right now. Probably 7-8 seed. Let's get the **** out of this 8/9 zone.

I was hoping for that last year when SDSU was tangling with baylor. This year it's going to depend on where we go and who we pull. Would like to get out of the 8/9 area, I'd be happy w a ten though, we match up well against 3 seeds (zona)

The Mock Selection committee process is going on in Indianapolis right now and they just gave both CU & CSU a 7 seed. The 10 seeds are UCLA, UNLV, San Diego State & St. Louis. Considering they don't match up conference foes and they try to avoid re-matches, that would mean we'd probably play SDSU or SLU in the first round if this was real.

The Mock Selection committee process is going on in Indianapolis right now and they just gave both CU & CSU a 7 seed. The 10 seeds are UCLA, UNLV, San Diego State & St. Louis. Considering they don't match up conference foes and they try to avoid re-matches, that would mean we'd probably play SDSU or SLU in the first round if this was real.

I'm already dreaming this is the year we catch a break and become the beneficiary of an upset giving us a much easier route to the Sweet 16. Let's keep winning and boosting our seeding...let's do this...Be interesting to see where they'll place us for right now. Probably 7-8 seed. Let's get the **** out of this 8/9 zone.

CVilleBuff is ON FIRE right now, folks. Do not doubt his wisdom :thumbsup:

btw,
Last four in: Baylor, Cal, Virginia, Iowa St.

Last edited:
btw, we go 1 and 2 at best on the road trip. Just be glad we are as safe as we can be with 6 games remaining.

Keep drinking and cry yourself to sleep about your lack of pussy and your lack of a Pac-12 championship.

Bear fan here. Wow, when did Colorado basketball fans become so arrogant? For the record, I am a big fan of what Tad Boyle is doing with the program, and there are a lot of things to like about the direction of Colorado basketball.

But let's keep your Pac-12 TOURNAMENT Championship in perspective. You guys won a four-day tournament last year, but the Pac-12 Champion is the Regular Season league champion. The Pac-12 Tournament Champion is the conference's automatic-qualifier in the NCAA tournament. California won the Pac-12 Title three years ago. As near as I can tell, Colorado's last Conference Title was 1968-9.

You can check out the Pac-12 media guide, pages 74-76. You'll see that "Titles" and "Champions" refer to the Regular Season champion, not the Tournament champion.

http://catalog.e-digitaleditions.com/i/91271

So please hold off on the "win a Pac-12 Tournament title and then talk". Maybe when Colorado finishes higher than 4th place, something Montgomery has done three times in his FOUR years at Cal (including one conference Title). From what I can tell, Colorado has finished higher than 4th place twice in the last FORTY years, and those were second place finishes.

Bear fan here. Wow, when did Colorado basketball fans become so arrogant? For the record, I am a big fan of what Tad Boyle is doing with the program, and there are a lot of things to like about the direction of Colorado basketball.

But let's keep your Pac-12 TOURNAMENT Championship in perspective. You guys won a four-day tournament last year, but the Pac-12 Champion is the Regular Season league champion. The Pac-12 Tournament Champion is the conference's automatic-qualifier in the NCAA tournament. California won the Pac-12 Title three years ago. As near as I can tell, Colorado's last Conference Title was 1968-9.

You can check out the Pac-12 media guide, pages 74-76. You'll see that "Titles" and "Champions" refer to the Regular Season champion, not the Tournament champion.

So please hold off on the "win a Pac-12 Tournament title and then talk". Maybe when Colorado finishes higher than 4th place, something Montgomery has done three times in his FOUR years at Cal (including one conference Title). From what I can tell, Colorado has finished higher than 4th place twice in the last FORTY years, and those were second place finishes.

Sorry, but you're not invited into the banter between Liverflukes and I. Nice try though.

Overall series - CU leads 11-10

Pac-12 series - CU leads 3-1

CU wins Pac-12 Tournament in first try, something Cal has never accomplished. And no, the Regular Season Champion is no longer the champion. That's why the tournament was added. They're just that, the regular season champion. That's no longer valid with an unequal conference schedule.

Cal is nothing. Deal with it. And next time, don't butt into banter between Flukes and I. It's none of your business. Go back to enjoying your 1929 Cotillion NCAA Championship.

Here's a tip. Maybe you should have lurked a bit more before coming here and spouting this sort of drivel.

You could learn from one of your Bear cohorts as to posting here in the proper spirit. Otherwise STFU.

First welcome to the board. Read, look around and you'll be fine.

Secondly, ignore anything that CVille says to Flukes and vice versa. The sexual tension between the two of them makes their posts hit new levels of hyperbole. It's best to just sit back, laugh, and admire Flukes' signature (something CVille could try to emulate).

Sorry, but you're not invited into the banter between Liverflukes and I. Nice try though.

Overall series - CU leads 11-10

Pac-12 series - CU leads 3-1

CU wins Pac-12 Tournament in first try, something Cal has never accomplished. And no, the Regular Season Champion is no longer the champion. That's why the tournament was added. They're just that, the regular season champion. That's no longer valid with an unequal conference schedule.

Cal is nothing. Deal with it. And next time, don't butt into banter between Flukes and I. It's none of your business. Go back to enjoying your 1929 Cotillion NCAA Championship.

Whoops, didn't realize an invitation was needed.

Regarding the change in rules and your Pac-12 Championship, you should probably let the folks in Walnut Creek know about it - they've got it messed up . . .

First welcome to the board. Read, look around and you'll be fine.

Secondly, ignore anything that CVille says to Flukes and vice versa. The sexual tension between the two of them makes their posts hit new levels of hyperbole. It's best to just sit back, laugh, and admire Flukes' signature (something CVille could try to emulate).

Playing nice because you're already getting pessimistically worried about an upcoming loss in Berkeley, I see :lol:

It's quite fair to put more stock in the Pac-12 Tournament than the regular season given the Pac-12's uneven schedule and the reward of an NCAA Tournament bid from the tournament. Clearly, with the NCAA Tournament bid on the line, that's what is valued higher. Both are significant accomplishments.

I can see why you mis-read things since you don't have the history on this. Liverflukes has been on the board for a couple years now. Lots of friendly, drunken banter back and forth with a lot of hyperbole. Mostly tongue-in-cheek.

Anyway, welcome to the board. We'll get ASU out of both our ways on Saturday. Then we can enjoy the better part of a week of talking smack, hippie.

My apologies for busting into your conversation with Liverflukes the way I did. I had been reading your back-and-forth comments (and I am familiar with Liverflukes from the Cal boards), and there seemed to be good-natured smack-talk going on, and I just tried to jump into the middle of it. Definitely should have introduced myself first - my bad.

My apologies for busting into your conversation with Liverflukes the way I did. I had been reading your back-and-forth comments (and I am familiar with Liverflukes from the Cal boards), and there seemed to be good-natured smack-talk going on, and I just tried to jump into the middle of it. Definitely should have introduced myself first - my bad.

Sorry to get things off on a bad start. I apologize on my end. I have much respect for Cal and would love to see you guys make the Dance as the 5th team from the Pac. We're enjoying our resurgence right now and are incredibly excited about it, but we realize there is much work to be done. No one here thinks we're a dynasty or anything of that nature. I welcome your contributions to this board, you appear to be a knowledgable fan, stick around.

No worries. Stick around ... it'll be fun! :devil:

It's really not an apology without a boob gif. Just sayin'.

CSU could only play SLU or UCLA in that scenario, we could only play SDSU or SLU. Seems pretty likely one of us would end up with St. Louis. If not, we would end up playing an MWC team and they would play a Pac-12 team. Kind of strange....

We either want to be a 7 or a 10. Avoid the 8/9 death spot.

Could not agree more. 8/9 is the WORST.

I would agree in most years but in a year like this where the top 10-12 teams are losing left and right I don't think being in the 8/9 game would be all that bad and may be even preferable to a 2-seed in some circumstances. If you look at the likely candidates for the top 2 lines you're probably looking at Florida, IU, Michigan, Gonzaga, Miami, Syracuse, Duke, KU, Michigan State, and Louisville. Out of that group who would you least like to see in round 2? I would tend to say Florida but they could end up as a 2-seed. I'd much rather see someone like Gonzaga or Duke in the 2nd round and both of those could very well end up being a 1-seed.

The bottom line is it all depends on who our potential 2nd-round opponent might be, and depending on the region we get bracketed in, playing the 1-seed might be preferable to playing the 2-seed.

**** you, you bear lovin' hippie. Your apology has been declined.

Saturday games:

Colorado hosts Arizona State (7pm, ESPNU)

Dayton hosts Xavier
TX-Southern hosts AR-Pine Bluff
N Arizona is at North Dakota
Air Force hosts CSU
Stanford hosts UCLA
Wyoming hosts Fresno State
Baylor is at Kansas State
Washington State hosts Oregon
Hartford is at Albany
Murray State is at E Illinois
Wofford hosts Chattanooga
Kansas hosts Texas