What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

TUFF AS RAIN!!
jon glaser jg207 GIF by Jon Glaser Loves Gear

What I’m looking for out of all of this is better media access and that involves P12N level games being on a streaming service such as ESPN+. My fingers are crossed that happens this upcoming season.

The Big 12 has the better football brand and you can have the better brands but if you don’t give football the love it should be getting (like in the P12), it doesn’t matter how much better the P12 brand is without the LA schools than the Big 12. CU will be able to compete in football in either conference but the P12 is dead compared to the Big 12.

I just want to see the P12N shut down.

I respectfully don't get the "stability in the big12" argument, if you rewind 12 months, they were having the same sky is falling attitude that the conference was toast. Then they added a couple G5 teams, and now all is well?
Exactly.

They're facing, at the least, KU in serious discussions with the Big East along with UCF. WVU and Cincy positioning for the ACC if that conference loses members.

The Big 12 only appears stable because they are adding as many weak and vulnerable schools as possible - who are mostly resigned to the fact that their strength is literally in their numbers - to turn themselves into an unmovable blob. They suck. They’re a construct of your mind. A figment of your imagination.

Here are our options:
-Have balls of steel and parlay this into an SEC invite
-Lock Oregon and Washington into whatever media deal for a revised Pac 12 (+ others?)
-Ransom the Big 10 to add us as a lower tier school (we need incriminating docs)
-Join the Big 12 and end up on ESPN+ for the next 10 years
-Strike a deal with the ACC that doesn’t tear up their existing agreement (because many would be poached by B10 and SEC) but adds to their bottom line
-Go further west and add Beijing University and Tokyo State

All games on ESPN+ would be awesome. I get it for free with Verizon

The current Big 12 has 100% of its memberships with far superior football products than the one Colorado offers but somehow they’re not good enough. This is comedy.
Big picture they’re not. No. Pure football wise? Sure, they’re good. Texas went 3-6 last year in conference. But zoom out to a league with no headliners and soon you end up with a weak revenue stream (their media value is smoke and mirrors), no chance at nationally televised games, recruiting starts to dwindle, and half way through this affiliation you are cooked as a program with no return ticket.

We’ve played these teams before. Our lifetime record vs ISU, KU, etc, is amazing. There’s nothing there for us anymore. We have to figure something else out.

The Big 12 only appears stable because they are adding as many weak and vulnerable schools as possible - who are mostly resigned to the fact that their strength is literally in their numbers - to turn themselves into an unmovable blob. They suck. They’re a construct of your mind. A figment of your imagination.

Here are our options:
-Have balls of steel and parlay this into an SEC invite
-Lock Oregon and Washington into whatever media deal for a revised Pac 12 (+ others?)
-Ransom the Big 10 to add us as a lower tier school (we need incriminating docs)
-Join the Big 12 and end up on ESPN+ for the next 10 years
-Strike a deal with the ACC that doesn’t tear up their existing agreement (because many would be poached by B10 and SEC) but adds to their bottom line
-Go further west and add Beijing University and Tokyo State
Just stop.

Big picture they’re not. No. Pure football wise? Sure, they’re good. Texas went 3-6 last year in conference. But zoom out to a league with no headliners and soon you end up with a weak revenue stream (their media value is smoke and mirrors), no chance at nationally televised games, recruiting starts to dwindle, and half way through this affiliation you are cooked as a program with no return ticket.

We’ve played these teams before. Our lifetime record vs ISU, KU, etc, is amazing. There’s nothing there for us anymore. We have to figure something else out.
You don't get it. This likely is the ONLY option for CU. I don't believe the SEC is coming to save us, and Pac 12 leadership still cannot pull its head out of its ass. There's been a lot of twitter smoke today about the Pac 12 turning down a full merger with the Big 12 because the Big 12 wasn't willing to cut BYU and UCF loose.

What I’m looking for out of all of this is better media access and that involves P12N level games being on a streaming service such as ESPN+. My fingers are crossed that happens this upcoming season.

The Big 12 has the better football brand and you can have the better brands but if you don’t give football the love it should be getting (like in the P12), it doesn’t matter how much better the P12 brand is without the LA schools than the Big 12. CU will be able to compete in football in either conference but the P12 is dead compared to the Big 12.

I just want to see the P12N shut down.
I just want to see this ****ing league die. It was the worst move in the history of Colorado athletics.

A conference with UU, ASU, UA, OU, UW, TTU, ISU, BU, TCU, and OSU has plenty of oomph while still lacking a top tier program. Add in that for the most part CU, BYU, TTU, KSU, and Cincy would be competitive week in and week out. Leave you with UCF, UH, and KU as your bottom feeders. That isn't too bad.

All requires you land UW and UO though. Think that's the only way it works.
We’re the bottom feeders with KU in any scenario. UH and UCF mud hole us the last 15 years.

Headliners come and go. There is going to be some really exciting games in the new league. Would you rather watch Cincy vs ISU or FUCLA get mudholed by Ohio State

Exactly.

They're facing, at the least, KU in serious discussions with the Big East along with UCF. WVU and Cincy positioning for the ACC if that conference loses members.
No one is actually facing KU leaving a better basketball conference for a ****tier one with drastically worse money.

You don't get it. This likely is the ONLY option for CU. I don't believe the SEC is coming to save us, and Pac 12 leadership still cannot pull its head out of its ass. There's been a lot of twitter smoke today about the Pac 12 turning down a full merger with the Big 12 because the Big 12 wasn't willing to cut BYU and UCF loose.
I read that, too. MHVer, the B12 pumper.

He’s also saying the AAC 4 + B12 on its own is worth $35M per team. Media execs are saying it’s $15M per team.

Back