What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs [REDACTED]- GAME THREAD

They better guarantee CU the Alamo bowl for all this $#!7 especially if we don't get a game this week.

The Sun Bowl is in El Paso-COVID's a lot worse there than it is in East Texas. If we want to play, let's get little brother down here. Addazio wants to play, and they lost their last game because of the Utah State fiasco. This is a ****ing circus.
it would be the Lambs bowl game then

Here's a thought-RG should go book somebody and just say "We have committed to play opponent X on Saturday at Folsom Field, and we're not going to LA." We get a game and get to give the league the middle finger at the same time.

I completely agree with this. I would tell the PAC12 that only way the Buffs travel to LA is to play USC. Having the second place north/south teams play for a conference championship is stupid. That championship will always have an asterisk next to it.

Here's a thought-RG should go book somebody and just say "We have committed to play opponent X on Saturday at Folsom Field, and we're not going to LA." We get a game and get to give the league the middle finger at the same time.

I completely agree with this. I would tell the PAC12 that only way the Buffs travel to LA is to play USC. Having the second place north/south teams play for a conference championship is stupid. That championship will always have an asterisk next to it.
In what world do you exist in that CU can dictate anything to the conference?

This. CU making a stink about this will go over about as well as ****braska throwing a hissy fit they weren't playing football. If we were undefeated we had every right to kick and scream. We lost that right when we lost to Utah.
No need to throw a hissy fit. Its stupid to travel during a pandemic just in case we need to be the fill in for a conference championship. Staying at home to play regional team makes a lot of sense.

Maybe the wrong thread, but here's what Wilner says about CU vs Stanford:

"What-If of the Season: Stanford

The Cardinal is 3-2 overall, tied with Oregon and one game behind Washington in the loss column. We can’t help but wonder how the division might look if a testing error hadn’t forced quarterback Davis Mills to miss the opener at Oregon and the following week of practice. Mills was completely out of rhythm in the first half against Colorado, then directed a series of second-half touchdown drives in what became a three-point loss. If he practices all week, he’s probably sharp from the start, the loss becomes a victory and Stanford wins the North."

What kind of BS is this? How much "sharper" does Mills have to be to hand off a ball to a carrier who then gets immediately stuffed by our defense? Oh, and is it 30 minutes all that's required to "get sharp"? As long as we are playing this game, we can "what if" to several national championships. We can what if our offensive line and Landman injuries to whatever outcome we can dream of. Wilner is no better than a nub doing simulated games, except now after it was already played.

Wilner seems to be completely down on Colorado all the time.

You both live in a fantasy world

Frankly, I think the conference should cancel the CCG at this point and designate USC the champion/NY6 rep. How small-time do we look if we're trotting out the runners-up from both divisions in our "championship"?

Play a regional team or sit this weekend knowing we're probably going to the Alamo Bowl at 4-1. There's no point in playing in Larry's exhibition cleverly disguised as a championship game.

Last edited:
You both live in a fantasy world
Why sit around and wait for a technicality to get into the CCG? This team needs practices and games right now. Preparing for Oregon all week and not playing the game would be a waste of time. Practice will be a lot more beneficial if they are preparing for a real opponent. The Buffs lost to Utah and therefore lost the argument that they should be in the CCG. I'd be a lot more upset about this if they had beat Utah.

Guys, I'm pretty sure CSU is done for the year and haven't been practicing. There's no chance they're coming to Boulder this weekend.

You do what the conference asks even if you get screwed in the short term. These things pay dividends later if you position it correctly. CU should be coming out with statements like “While the situation is perhaps not best for CU individually, we will do what’s best for the conference. We are happy to be part of the PAC 12.” And then if you remain unhappy with the pac 12, other conference leaders take note, and say “you know, Colorado is the type of team player I want in our XYZ conference.” Airing dirty laundry and being a whiny bitch is not good for CU.

You do what the conference asks even if you get screwed in the short term. These things pay dividends later if you position it correctly. CU should be coming out with statements like “While the situation is perhaps not best for CU individually, we will do what’s best for the conference. We are happy to be part of the PAC 12.” And then if you remain unhappy with the pac 12, other conference leaders take note, and say “you know, Colorado is the type of team player I want in our XYZ conference.” Airing dirty laundry and being a whiny bitch is not good for CU.

You honestly think trotting out the two runners-up and calling it a "championship" is a good idea? The contingency if UW wasn't able to go should be cancelling the CCG and handing USC the title. They're the only undefeated team. They've earned it. Want to get mocked relentlessly by national CFB media? Trot out Oregon and CU and call that a "championship".

This conference's leadership is so incompetent they don't even know what's best for their membership. Don't bring up money as an argument to me-by the way. If this league cared about that, they'd have started play the same day the Big 10 did.

I have a hard time seeing how making another conference change isn't what's best for this university at this point in time.

You honestly think trotting out the two runners-up and calling it a "championship" is a good idea? The contingency if UW wasn't able to go should be cancelling the CCG and handing USC the title. They're the only undefeated team. They've earned it. Want to get mocked relentlessly by national CFB media? Trot out Oregon and CU and call that a "championship".

This conference's leadership is so incompetent they don't even know what's best for their membership. Don't bring up money as an argument to me-by the way. If this league cared about that, they'd have started play the same day the Big 10 did.

I have a hard time seeing how making another conference change isn't what's best for this university at this point in time.
Don’t bring up money? That’s pretty stupid. We make a lot of money from this game so it was always going to happen.

Don’t bring up money? That’s pretty stupid. We make a lot of money from this game so it was always going to happen.
If this conference actually gave a **** about that, they'd have started this season the same day the Big 10 did.

Again-the only thing that makes sense is to cancel the game and award the title to USC. The game isn't going to be much of a windfall-nobody can go because of COVID and the ratings will suck.

Which conference do you see the teams agreeing to take less tv money so CU can join?

Back