What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the guys mentioned in that article have offensive backgrounds FWIW. Do not think that is a coincidence.

Zone Read Offense. Major innovation and it's enabling some guys to jump up, as they figured it out earlier than some. It also got the Seahawks to the Super Bowl this year.

Just a FWIW, Ryan Koenigsberg tweeted Chris Ball, ASU's co-DC just followed entire CU staff on twitter, but he also follows some other schools coaches so it may just be nothing, but another name on the stack.

Rumor out there saying Chris Ball, FootballScoop says they have reason to believe that is not happening.

[tweet]557309553667100672[/tweet]

FWIW, he is specifically following Lindgren, Walters, Mac, Colorado Buffaloes and Colorado Football on Twitter. Good resume if you ask me. I'd be happy with Ball as the DC. He has pretty much everything we asked for, correct?

Rumor out there saying Chris Ball, FootballScoop says they have reason to believe that is not happening.

Just annoying that they havent had one thing on this search and now show up to throw water this rumor.

Just annoying that they havent had one thing on this search and now show up to throw water this rumor.

They have been getting the inside scoop on all the positions, college and pro, and have offered zero insight on the the CU job. HCMM and RG must have gone to extreme lengths to keep the process under wraps after the initial "leak". Frustrating.

Just a FWIW, Ryan Koenigsberg tweeted Chris Ball, ASU's co-DC just followed entire CU staff on twitter, but he also follows some other schools coaches so it may just be nothing, but another name on the stack.

Weird, Mac followed him back though and Mac doesn't follow coordinators/position coaches, he even unfollowed Sitake when he couldn't get him.

The Chris Ball rumor is picking up steam again. It sounds like there is a legit possibility this could happen. I would be stoked if it did. Awesome background for us. Tons of Pac experience including as DC at WSU and co-DC currently at ASU. His teams are turnover machines and have done real well against the pass and he is used to recruiting in the Pac footprint. Would be kind of cool to get him from ASU too.

Edit: Was just watching the video: http://www.nmnathletics.com//mediaPortal/player.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=30300&id=2647624 His dad was also a coach too. Might seem small but I bet that is another connection he has with HCMM.

Last edited:
The Chris Ball rumor is picking up steam again. It sounds like there is a legit possibility this could happen. I would be stoked if it did. Awesome background for us. Tons of Pac experience including as DC at WSU and co-DC currently at ASU. His teams are turnover machines and have done real well against the pass and he is used to recruiting in the Pac footprint. Would be kind of cool to get him from ASU too.

Edit: Was just watching the video: http://www.nmnathletics.com//mediaPortal/player.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=30300&id=2647624 His dad was also a coach too. Might seem small but I bet that is another connection he has with HCMM.
I'd be impressed with RG and MM if they made this happen. I don't think he'd make a lateral move to co-DC, so I'm guessing if there is any chance of landing this guy, he'd come in as full DC.

Chris Ball would not be my top choice, but he could be a decent one. Will likely be an improvement over Baer, not hard I know, so I can't be too upset.

Chris Ball would not be my top choice, but he could be a decent one. Will likely be an improvement over Baer, not hard I know, so I can't be too upset.

I think we are well beyond our top choice/s, and we should act accordingly. Anyone with a decent resume, knowledge of the Pac 12 and recruiting ties to CA/TX should be considered a "good" hire.

....beyond the 1st [strike]4 Candidates[/strike]

....beyond the 1st [strike]8 Candidates[/strike]

....beyond the 1st [strike]12 Candidates[/strike]

....beyond the 1st ??? Candidates.

:cry:

....beyond the 1st [strike]4 Candidates[/strike]

....beyond the 1st [strike]8 Candidates[/strike]

....beyond the 1st [strike]12 Candidates[/strike]

....beyond the 1st ??? Candidates.

:cry:

More hyperbole!

We know of Durkin and Gibbs. That's it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

More hyperbole!

We know of Durkin and Gibbs. That's it.

And some people have said Durkin laughed at the idea of coming here as DC. So, interview or not, was Durkin even a realistic candidate? Seems to me that we swung for the fences, probably knowing we weren't even going to make contact.

And some people have said Durkin laughed at the idea of coming here as DC. So, interview or not, was Durkin even a realistic candidate? Seems to me that we swung for the fences, probably knowing we weren't even going to make contact.

Not really. Most early reports had CU confident we were going to hire Gibbs by the New Year. Now 3 weeks later...

You simply have no idea what you're talking about.
Actually, that's you. You are the one with the least amount of information with the unfortunate habit of constantly opining in absolutes. How you can declare that the only source of information was on Allbuffs when (a) you don't even have a membership, and (b) don't have a membership to Rivals... It's just strange.

Actually, that's you. You are the one with the least amount of information with the unfortunate habit of constantly opining in absolutes.

LOL I'm not the one proclaiming that Durkin was a realistic candidate. And again, I ask for sources from you, who is supposedly "in the know", and you can never provide any. Slider claims "MOST early reports had Gibbs signing with CU before New Years"?? Where are these "early reports"? Link? Source? Anything?

LOL I'm not the one proclaiming that Durkin was a realistic candidate. And again, I ask for sources from you, who is supposedly "in the know", and you can never provide any. Slider claims "MOST early reports had Gibbs signing with CU before New Years"?? Where are these "early reports"? Link? Source? Anything?

Pay up and we'll tell you. Poor

Like Nik said in the other thread, there was nothing out there ever linking Durkin to CU. And was there ever anything saying "Gibbs to CU before New Years"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back