What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I'm not the one proclaiming that Durkin was a realistic candidate. And again, I ask for sources from you, who is supposedly "in the know", and you can never provide any. Slider claims "MOST early reports had Gibbs signing with CU before New Years"?? Where are these "early reports"? Link? Source? Anything?
www.buffstampede.com. Although I think Slider is actually wrong on the timing, but it was around there. As for Durkin, I don't know if anyone ever really said he was more than a possibility. The timing was a fluid thing. Lots of reports in different places from random insiders. If you stick your head in the sand, it's really easy to proclaim all these things never happened. Not sure why you revel in it, but it makes you look silly.

www.buffstampede.com. Although I think Slider is actually wrong on the timing, but it was around there. As for Durkin, I don't know if anyone ever really said he was more than a possibility. The timing was a fluid thing. Lots of reports in different places from random insiders. If you stick your head in the sand, it's really easy to proclaim all these things never happened. Not sure why you revel in it, but it makes you look silly.

I'm quite sure patr said we'd have our man "by the New Year." IIRC

Well, your "insiders" must have been given misinformation. It's cool. It happens to the best of us, guys.
1. Not my insiders.
2. Just because the hire went south doesn't mean they had bad information. That's a fallacy. Things change.
3. They could still have gotten bad information. Sometimes the trough isn't a good place.
4. You have the intelligence of an unholy Flounder/Tini/Slider gene spliced baby.

1. Not my insiders.
2. Just because the hire went south doesn't mean they had bad information. That's a fallacy. Things change.
3. They could still have gotten bad information. Sometimes the trough isn't a good place.
4. You have the intelligence of an unholy Flounder/Tini/Slider gene spliced baby.

Hey now easy there. I'm insulted

Regardless of all that, the statement that started this all was in reference to Durkin, not Gibbs. We all agree that Durkin was never a realistic candidate, correct? Some people did report that we interviewed him, and I simply said, "So, interview or not, was Durkin even a realistic candidate? Seems to me that we swung for the fences, probably knowing we weren't even going to make contact." So calm your jets, Darth.

Regardless of all that, the statement that started this all was in reference to Durkin, not Gibbs. We all agree that Durkin was never a realistic candidate, correct? Some people did report that we interviewed him, and I simply said, "So, interview or not, was Durkin even a realistic candidate? Seems to me that we swung for the fences, probably knowing we weren't even going to make contact." So calm your jets, Darth.
I think Durkin was a reach from the beginning. Apparently we did interview him early and according to some, supposedly he was more interested in the role than most of us assumed. We were never going to beat out Harbaugh and UM for him though.

Having said that, yes there were those who have inside information pretty confident Gibbs was our man. Reading between the lines, it appears that Gibbs gave HCMM and RG the impression he was going to accept the offer and then backed out. We may never know the whole story here of course. But just because insiders had information that ended up not being proven, does not mean their information was bad. I think b-c the deal went sideways and the insiders, like Patr have gotten **** on for "bad info", that is part of the reason things have gone so quiet. If we are going to kill the messenger every time they deliver inside info that doesn´t come through, we won´t have any messengers.

Sounds like you think Mac just likes to waste his own time interviewing and offering guys for fun.

always sad when I see this from @SD Buff and didn't get to see the OP. :lol:

I was thinking the same. I always like seeing his posts trying to explain and argue the facts of a situation from a reasonable POV (or him shooting off the cuff while annoyed) before he reverts to an edit to "nm... because it's simply not worth the aggravation of trying to belabor the point". :lol:

I was thinking the same. I always like seeing his posts trying to explain and argue the facts of a situation from a reasonable POV (or him shooting off the cuff while annoyed) before he reverts to an edit to "nm... because it's simply not worth the aggravation of trying to belabor the point". :lol:
I think there is a lesson in there for me...

Sounds like you think Mac just likes to waste his own time interviewing and offering guys for fun.

Well, I never bought into Durkin being a real candidate in the first place, but plenty of people on here will yell at me for not believing the "sources" that said he was. I'm strictly going off what some have said and insinuating that IF he did, in fact, interview for the job, it was of the "lets ask the hot girl on a date because we have nothing to lose" mentality, knowing he was going to turn us down.

Well, I never bought into Durkin being a real candidate in the first place, but plenty of people on here will yell at me for not believing the "sources" that said he was. I'm strictly going off what some have said and insinuating that IF he did, in fact, interview for the job, it was of the "lets ask the hot girl on a date because we have nothing to lose" mentality, knowing he was going to turn us down.

And if that was indeed the case, what is your point?

Durkin wasn't that much of a stretch to interview. He had a bigger job at UF, but he was also jobless at the time. DJ was on staff with Kurt Roper, who HCMM knows well and I believe are close personal friends.

Not sure where you are going with this. If you are waiting for CU to come out and say this, just so you can have "real proof", then you will be waiting a while. Like, forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back