What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Expectations for the rest of the season

I think part of the issue (obviously losing Sefo, Leavitt and key defensive players was huge) is that MM hasn't had nearly the same sense of urgency and emotion as before and part of that could be related to getting paid. He doesn't seem like he quite cares as much. Idk maybe those awesome Rise videos last year are distorting my view

we aren't good enough to roll through conference games and, in addition to all the things our Buffs didn't do well tonight, we also caught a few bad breaks...

playing an offense like that (which is an outlier in the p12) wasn't what we needed coming off a couple losses. and, that backup qb was obviously an X factor.

these aren't excuses... we don't have the guys to take these types of setbacks in stride.

i thought at least we saw some heart from a few more places than the past few games-- it wasn't enough and this is a frustrating loss.

If you paid attention, you could see that this game was going to be a L two weeks ago when Az was playing Utah. I think it was DuffMan that called me an idiot, like he enjoys doing, when I said AZ would be tough for us.

Utah is a good team and the only reason Az didn't blow them out were mistakes. They had a bye week coming before CU to clean all that up. Az is a tough to beat team with one week for prep, and if they stay healthy they might win the PAC12 South. We had to prepare for Rosen last week and the nations number one passing attack, then we had to prepare for a unique RR option attack that will soon lead the nation in rushing. That is a tough break.

Its losing to UCLA that really killed us, I was happy we stayed this close to UA.

Our OL looked like it started to click tonight. That is good news for our offense. We won't have to face an AZ again, so that is good for our Defense. I think we will beat Ostate and probably Cal then its a struggle to get another game for a bowl, but I think we will be competitive in every game. ...but the new guys may improve upfront on defense as they get reps, and then maybe we get to seven and have a good season.

In the games that we need to win to get to 6, yes. I'm still circling ASU as a win....simply because they've had major issues against the run. Taz had a day against them last year, and he's more than good enough to do so again.

NMSU ran for 151 as a team on them.
San Diego State ran for 279 on them, and Rashad Penny had 216 himself.
Let's not forget about the Bryce Love show either.

I mean, I guess you were right. I never saw Tate rolling us.

Tate or Dawkins, don’t think it matters. Both of them were fast enough. The only difference would have been a little more time of posession for UofA with Dawkins. To me it seems it is more about RR having the personnel, mostly on OL, to run his scheme.

Tate or Dawkins, don’t think it matters. Both of them were fast enough. The only difference would have been a little more time of posession for UofA with Dawkins. To me it seems it is more about RR having the personnel, mostly on OL, to run his scheme.

Fair.

On the flip side, are you willing to reassess your Jeffcoat defense?

Fair.

On the flip side, are you willing to reassess your Jeffcoat defense?

i would love us to recruit more studs at true 2gap 3-4 NT out of high school. So I agree with you there. I just think those guys are so rare we cant compete for them. Jeffcoat isn’t beating other 3-4 teams for these guys in recruiting, so I agree with you there. But he does coach up the guys we do get. It’s MM who is obsessed with the Parcels 3-4, so I think Jeffcoat is hamstrung a little to go find the type of NT that requires. MM seems to have a way he wants his defense to be. If there is someone better to coach the DL given that, then I am with you.

Wow, you ppl are delusional.

We MIGHT, if we're lucky, win 2 more games.

OSU next week, and that's IF the team doesnt implode due to this loss.

MAYBE cal. That's it.

Don't forget, Montez is still young, and we haven't lost a game due to that - the inevitable game we should have won.

Edwards is too damn big period. He needs to lose weight to ever be effective. Idk if he's willing to do that or not. You'd think he'd be tired of getting pushed around by now, doesn't seem so.

I still want at least the Holiday but wish in one hand or crap in the other. Pretty sure I've heard that somewhere.

buffs fans are only allowed one good year every decade.....we all knew this going into this season didnt we ?

i would love us to recruit more studs at true 2gap 3-4 NT out of high school. So I agree with you there. I just think those guys are so rare we cant compete for them. Jeffcoat isn’t beating other 3-4 teams for these guys in recruiting, so I agree with you there. But he does coach up the guys we do get. It’s MM who is obsessed with the Parcels 3-4, so I think Jeffcoat is hamstrung a little to go find the type of NT that requires. MM seems to have a way he wants his defense to be. If there is someone better to coach the DL given that, then I am with you.
So you aren’t reassessing your position on jeffcoat? Let’s keep rolling out all the excuses for him. Now it’s the 3-4 Defense is bad and JJ is hamstrung because of it. Serious, Clark? He is not a good coach.

I know we're getting way ahead of ourselves here-What's your take on the ASU game right now? Still feel pretty good about winning in Tempe (I think we could forcefeed Taz that night like we did tongith) in addition to next week and Cal.
I think it's a good opportunity for a win. No way to trust this team enough to expect a win in any game, though.

I don't want to sound like the ****ers here (you know who you are), but until they prove it against someone else, I'm afraid our offensive prowess tonight was more about UA's defense than anything else.
#87 D in the country and CU ran all over them...our O is awesome!

CU is a mediocre team. They are clearly not an 8 win team, but they aren’t a 4 win team either. They have 3 more games that should be considered winnable, 2 that are probably no-hopers, and 1 that I believe CU can steal if they bring their game. That was the first game of the year that didn’t go the way the oddsmakers thought, so to get back to even in that respect, they gotta get one that they shouldn’t.

I said it last night, but I’ll reiterate that CU’s defense simply isn’t good enough or disciplined enough to stop that kind of offense and that dynamic of a player. They are much better suited to stop/slow down the pocket passing QBs, so I still think this team can play effective, complimentary football going forward. Not to say they are going to be dominant, but I still expect them to be competitive in the remaining games, and if the offense keeps clicking like they did last night, I definitely see 6 wins.

Biggest concern is this loss was at home. CU has not been a good road team recently other than last year and I think that may have been an anomaly. You can say they were not prepared for the Arizona offense, but when a team averages over 10 yards per play that is a total defensive meltdown. I think we are seeing why Kentuckey fans were excited that Eliot got hired away. Making adjustments for different offenses is the coaches job.

One good point is they finally are using the TE as a weapon - this certainly will help in the Red Zone.

It will be interesting to see how this team responds on the road against a not very good OSU team. This is a must win if they want a chance at ta Bowl game but OSU will be looking at it as a chance for a conference win.

CU is a mediocre team. They are clearly not an 8 win team, but they aren’t a 4 win team either. They have 3 more games that should be considered winnable, 2 that are probably no-hopers, and 1 that I believe CU can steal if they bring their game. That was the first game of the year that didn’t go the way the oddsmakers thought, so to get back to even in that respect, they gotta get one that they shouldn’t.

I said it last night, but I’ll reiterate that CU’s defense simply isn’t good enough or disciplined enough to stop that kind of offense and that dynamic of a player. They are much better suited to stop/slow down the pocket passing QBs, so I still think this team can play effective, complimentary football going forward. Not to say they are going to be dominant, but I still expect them to be competitive in the remaining games, and if the offense keeps clicking like they did last night, I definitely see 6 wins.
Agree completely. Having a memory of when only really good teams played in bowl games, I have trouble getting excited about a mediocre team playing in a bowl. Win half your games, 3 of which were pretty much giveaways, and you play in a bowl. Given recent history though, it does represent improvement and would be a good direction if we qualify for a bowl. Just not excited about it.

Agree completely. Having a memory of when only really good teams played in bowl games, I have trouble getting excited about a mediocre team playing in a bowl. Win half your games, 3 of which were pretty much giveaways, and you play in a bowl. Given recent history though, it does represent improvement and would be a good direction if we qualify for a bowl. Just not excited about it.
It’s not exciting but a bowl appearance would be big for this team. Obviously expectations have changed since beginning of the year, and even a few weeks ago, but it is what it is. You can build off a bowl game season, although, MM still needs to make moves on the staff for it to pay off in recruiting.

I think it's a good opportunity for a win. No way to trust this team enough to expect a win in any game, though.

I'd agree with that-I think its the most likely shot for that third win we'll need outside of Cal and Oregon State.

Back