What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

FWIW -- Ringo from Chat.

Can't be good that George isn't able to get to the 50mill goal to break ground this month even with the 10mill gift, any reason to be worried

I don't really think so. George still seems supremely confident to me. I asked him if there was any chance they push it back a year and he said no. He has been working all along on the timeline of starting sometime in April or the first half of May and that is still doable

My two cents -- not even a little bit worried.

FWIW -- Ringo from Chat.

Can't be good that George isn't able to get to the 50mill goal to break ground this month even with the 10mill gift, any reason to be worried

I don't really think so. George still seems supremely confident to me. I asked him if there was any chance they push it back a year and he said no. He has been working all along on the timeline of starting sometime in April or the first half of May and that is still doable

My two cents -- not even a little bit worried.

I'm not worried either that it gets done eventually. It's more of a "when" than an "if", but all I keep hearing about when is either "not yet" or "soon". When will "then" be "now"??

From Rivals--- looks like the facility start is still on for the spring game! So what say you guys now.

It seems like a typical week in PR for the AD.
This. What is George going to tell Ringo or anyone in the press? Yeah, I was brought in for fundraising, but it is not looking good on our donations. That isn't going to happen.

Expect the final design to look something like this (hat tip to riceman/SD)...

gP1LRI4.jpg

Today is the design boards initial presentation so we should see the final renderings soon.

If the design is anything like that I would be a happy alum. Need to make sure that the Franklin Field side is a bit more welcoming and architecturally interesting than the back side of the IPF. Love what they did to that corner of Folsom though.

Also Tini, it is the Concept Presentation which I am assuming is roughly a 60% design milestone. We should see renderings soon. I hope.

Maybe today, actually.

That would be great.

The AD really should be releasing drawings and renderings as they receive it. If you want to excite the fan base then you need to show them the fancy drawings so they can get excited about it.

Just an FYI they have already moved a FacMan department or 2 out of the Northeast side of the staduim and are close to moving recycling and grounds out to temporary locations.

Just an FYI they have already moved a FacMan department or 2 out of the Northeast side of the staduim and are close to moving recycling and grounds out to temporary locations.
Yeah, one of my friends senior project involved moving and designing the recycling center

Completion date of 8/6/15.

It looks like 1/3 of Franklin Field will be lost. There's gonna be some pissed off tailgaters. Not just bike racks, but an actual whole building!

It looks like 1/3 of Franklin Field will be lost. There's gonna be some pissed off tailgaters. Not just bike racks, but an actual whole building!

Tailgaters will be a whole lot less pissed off if the facilities improvements help us recruit some athletes who help us win.

Looks great, but did the interior feel a bit claustrophobic to anyone else? lower ceilings and narrow halls...

They are, just in a different phase. Building the IPF and expanding the Dal Ward was the number one priority for RG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:nod:

A couple good reasons for that.

1. Training, rehab, meeting, office and locker room facilities enhance recruiting and player development -- therefore this was most important from a "program building" standpoint.

2. The stuff with Balch and the West side of the stadium is going to increase premium seating and revenue, so it's easier to finance against new revenue projections versus what is going on in the 1st phase.

The tailgating pain should lesson a little bit when the IPF is opened up for pre-game festivities.

I thought part of redoing the scoreboards was supposed to be upgrading the sound system? I could barely figure out what they were saying during the aunouncement. Hopefully it sounded better on tv.

:nod:

A couple good reasons for that.

1. Training, rehab, meeting, office and locker room facilities enhance recruiting and player development -- therefore this was most important from a "program building" standpoint.

2. The stuff with Balch and the West side of the stadium is going to increase premium seating and revenue, so it's easier to finance against new revenue projections versus what is going on in the 1st phase.

Yep. It's completely unacceptable what some of our athletes had to do in the current space (ie. no showering for some)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back