What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

So is the heat off DiStefano now? Making the move to hire RG was his call, or so we are led to believe.

Yeah. The CU faithful will blame RG And MM for any future low attendance numbers and losing records.

diSeph gets a pass for his hands off sports approach.

Bald short Smithers is Benson's lapdog. He applies the financial screws when the boss asks him to be the bad guy, and will be pro-sports when the boss is in a scramble to make up for the hole that was dug during the lost decade.

George has the credibility that Bohn never really had. DiStephano basically is just along for the ride.

George has the credibility that Bohn never really had. DiStephano basically is just along for the ride.

Agreed. And putting a shovel in the ground on 5/12 just adds to that credibility. A successful execution of this project will pay big dividends when we move to the next stage of the facility plan.

I wonder if a few big money donors told Benson to stop embarrassing them on the football field if he wanted to see any more money for anything including non-athletic projects. $$$ talks loud and clear and Benson could make sure that DiStephano hears it.

Not sure where this should go, but here seems good enough. SIAP. The foot area actually works for me!

10291815_10154026859765012_8940999176642970423_n.jpg

The lane markers seem totally unnecessary, are people really going to be swimming laps in that thing?

Not sure where this should go, but here seems good enough. SIAP. The foot area actually works for me!

10291815_10154026859765012_8940999176642970423_n.jpg
What a ****ing waste of money that could have been used for the stadium improvements. Of course, the funds for this atrocity probably came from a different pool of cash. Wish they'd have built an Olympic size pool to maybe bring swimming back but whatever, **** it.

Will be interesting how much the pool is used. Although keep hearing the rest of the rec center renovation is awesome. Wouldn't trade the football program from my time at CU, but today's students have a lot of nice things.

Don't care about price. I think it's going to be pretty iconic for CU's campus. I guarantee recruits will mention it in their updates

That looks awesome. Students will love it. Hopefully the school let's it get rowdy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Don't care about price. I think it's going to be pretty iconic for CU's campus. I guarantee recruits will mention it in their updates

Would help if they could make sure to have the right "talent" hanging around it when the recruits see it. Make it memorable.

There are plenty of students there in summer to take advantage

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Can they heat that pool up to around 100 degrees, like the Glenwood Springs pool? If so, that really would be pretty awesome.

The new rec imo sucks. It is so unorganized. They put the machine weights on a separate room as the free weights and they put the machines for like elliptical and running in just random places. I have to go all over the place to do what I want to do.

Can they heat that pool up to around 100 degrees, like the Glenwood Springs pool? If so, that really would be pretty awesome.

If they did, it would have to be carbon neutral. Otherwise a poolside shanty town would go up in protest of GloWa.

The new rec imo sucks. It is so unorganized. They put the machine weights on a separate room as the free weights and they put the machines for like elliptical and running in just random places. I have to go all over the place to do what I want to do.

My roommate asked why I go to 24 still, your post is exactly what I told him. The layout is really weird.

What a ****ing waste of money that could have been used for the stadium improvements. Of course, the funds for this atrocity probably came from a different pool of cash. Wish they'd have built an Olympic size pool to maybe bring swimming back but whatever, **** it.

THIS. A MILLION TIMES THIS.

This **** still makes my blood boil. I can't believe that students that were going to be gone by the time the project was finished were allowed to vote on whether to put in this pool (which, admittedly, does look nice) or an Olympic-size pool. It'll be great in 10 years when we want to add swimming and diving and have to find more money to build facilities.

The correct sequence was:

1. Kindly tell the students to shut the **** up about a recreational pool
2. Fast track facilities with Olympic size pool
3. Hire Teri McKeever away from Cal
4. land Missy Franklin as the cornerstone of the new swimming program

Ringo: Stadium won't help CSU close gap on CU

'The Colorado athletic department is hosting a groundbreaking Monday afternoon for its $143 million facilities project in and around Folsom Field, though no actual construction will be started.
I'm told athletic director Rick George is inching closer to the goal set by the regents of raising $47.6 million, one-third of the project's estimated cost, before construction can begin. But George isn't there yet.
While Monday's event will be purely ceremonial, unless a significant donation arrives over the weekend, it's still an important milestone for an athletic department and school that has fallen considerably behind its partners in the Pac-12 Conference in terms of basic amenities it is able to offer recruits and current student-athletes."
http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetop...ingo-cu-csu-try-step-forward-their-facilities

Why the hell are we having 2 ceremonial groundbreakings. Thats pretty embarrassing ... RG needs to reveal exactly what he has and what he needs

We've replaced announcements about future announcements with groundbreaking ceremonies for future groundbreaking ceremonies. That's progress. At least we aren't having announcements of groundbreaking ceremonies. Yet.

Back