What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: UCLA

Party deck is a little like Casa Bonita. Gotta check it out at least once or you really haven't had the Folsom experience.

Head up there when the stadium opens a few hours before the game. Buy an expensive beer and drink it by the rail with the $160 million view of the Flatirons. Take a few selfies.

Ponder how cool it would be to rent the space for a wedding reception (or ceremony). It's also cool to think about business people closing deals up there. Propose a toast to Rick George for creating this unique space. Park yourself around a fire pit and catch up with the other members of your party. Should be a nice place to see the sun setting for the UCLA game.

After chilling on the party deck for an hour or two, scoot to your assigned seats to watch Ralphie's run. It's not worth watching the game from up there IMO. Other guests squeeze around you to get a view. It's a little claustrophobic. If you step back from the rail, you might not get back into that same spot. You can't see much if you are not right against the edge. The angle to see the video screen on the scoreboard is a little severe. Chances are you'll have a better and more comfortable view of the game from inside the horseshoe in your assigned seats.

If the game is a blow-out and/or you are not invested, then it's not a bad place to hang for halftime and into the second half.

I think the scene inside the new IPF is also worth checking out at halftime.

If you have pregame plans elsewhere, you probably don't get full value of the rooftop pass.

8:45 10/31

upload_2016-10-31_8-49-1.png

Seeing some movement. The upper horseshoe is all gone and it looks like they are moving tickets in the club level which is good.

Way too many seats left in 215-220. Going to be a bad look on national TV.

wunderground shows 59F at kickoff and 49F at 11PM with no precip in the forecast and mild wind.

almost entire visitor sections are still for sale. looks like my section 109 will sell out, no extra leg room for me :)

I agree with whomever has been suggesting a tiered pricing model for tickets based on how close to the field you are. Never really paid attention to it much before but having same price for a seat in row 10 as a seat in an upper section back row 80 seems a little out of whack.

I agree with whomever has been suggesting a tiered pricing model for tickets based on how close to the field you are. Never really paid attention to it much before but having same price for a seat in row 10 as a seat in an upper section back row 80 seems a little out of whack.
But there's always going to be breakpoints that people are going to bitch about. Higher price in say row 25 than in row 26... I don't mind the section by section pricing, but the 215-220 sections are way overpriced.

But there's always going to be breakpoints that people are going to bitch about. Higher price in say row 25 than in row 26... I don't mind the section by section pricing, but the 215-220 sections are way overpriced.
They finally introduced some tiered pricing for basketball tickets this year, which I think is going to help. It's too bad they haven't figured it out for football yet.

Surprised I haven't heard any radio ads for this game, maybe I missed them but not a lot of 'hype' it seems.

Seems like 215-220 should be ~$50-$60 tickets, 110 should be ~$50, and 101 should be $40.

Prices have dropped
Really? To what?

IMO, the rest of this season should be about getting butts in the seats at a reasonable price to support the team during this amazing run they're having. It makes a difference in more ways than one to have a big time crowd, and if the team can finish the season strong and do what they are statistically favored to do, there will be plenty of opportunity to increase ticket prices for next year. Get the prices lower and get fans to the game. Period.

It looks like only $55 tickets are left for this game, all the cheaper seats have been bought up. $122 with fees for 2 tickets isn't cheap for a lot of people. Especially when you add in driving, parking, beer and food. I hope they would rather drop the price to the 40's instead of not selling more tickets. I was really hoping for a massive, super loud crowd.

It looks like only $55 tickets are left for this game, all the cheaper seats have been bought up. $122 with fees for 2 tickets isn't cheap for a lot of people. Especially when you add in driving, parking, beer and food. I hope they would rather drop the price to the 40's instead of not selling more tickets. I was really hoping for a massive, super loud crowd.
The unfortunate thing is that they make more money this way than they would if they dropped all the prices and it sold out.

The unfortunate thing is that they make more money this way than they would if they dropped all the prices and it sold out.
Not that I don't think this is true, but I'd like to see the numbers. If there are 10k fans that aren't in the seats, that's 10k less people buying food/drink/parking/merch, etc, not to mention the intangible things that can't be measured like this game being the starting point for some fans to become season ticket holders or lifelong Buff fans.

As I said before, the remaining 3 home games should solely be about packing the house. Raise the prices next season when ticket sales are sure to be way up.

I just watched the "60 Minute Game" thing on the PAC12 Network, featuring the 2015 Buffs-Bruins game at the Rose Bowl, where they just cut to all the plays. That made me mad; such a winnable game. Oh, and now they are showing the PAC 12 Cross Country Championship races from a few days ago, of which both the Mens and Womens teams won for the glory of CU Buffs....

Last edited:
Not that I don't think this is true, but I'd like to see the numbers. If there are 10k fans that aren't in the seats, that's 10k less people buying food/drink/parking/merch, etc, not to mention the intangible things that can't be measured like this game being the starting point for some fans to become season ticket holders or lifelong Buff fans.

As I said before, the remaining 3 home games should solely be about packing the house. Raise the prices next season when ticket sales are sure to be way up.
They definitely need to sell $25 tickets in the end-zone for the last two games when there won't be many students there.

They definitely need to sell $25 tickets in the end-zone for the last two games when there won't be many students there.
I was at a pregame party at "The Jungle" last season prior to the Arizona game. (The Jungle is a notorious frat-rented party residence in the heart of the Hill with a huge elevated back deck and backyard; can hold a crowd of 500.) Up walks AD Rick George and a few staffers, mingling with the crowd a couple of hours prior to kickoff. He was passing out the $25 student section tickets to everyone like they were Halloween candy. It was pretty cool. My point is, yes, they can afford to adjust prices to get more butts in the seats.

I was at a pregame party at "The Jungle" last season prior to the Arizona game. (The Jungle is a notorious frat-rented party residence in the heart of the Hill with a huge elevated back deck and backyard; can hold a crowd of 500.) Up walks AD Rick George and a few staffers, mingling with the crowd a couple of hours prior to kickoff. He was passing out the $25 student section tickets to everyone like they were Halloween candy. It was pretty cool. My point is, yes, they can afford to adjust prices to get more butts in the seats.

Hope so, it's logical. If you could sell 3000 at $50 or 6000 at $25. More people, same money.

Hope so, it's logical. If you could sell 3000 at $50 or 6000 at $25. More people, same money.
But 3,000 at $50 requires fewer resources to service/sell, so is a higher profit situation. Excluding other considerations, your profits are generally higher with fewer number of sales but higher $/sale.

Granted, there are a lot of other considerations in this situation, and they are important.

Ticket prices are not going to go down now that RG has a premium product going forward.

I would encourage him to tier the lower sections on the sideline every 10-15 rows or so, freezing the upper rows and slowly ratcheting up the lower ones until there is a marketable difference.

Row 10 on the 50 could be 2x row 40 on the 50 over time.

Back