What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lammies can Fairchild (was: To add insult to CSU's injury...)

In a perfect world, they'd hire Dan Beebe as the AD, Dan Hawkins as the Head Coach, and sign them both to very long contracts.

Man - regardless of what happens here, I wish the Buffs could find a donor of that magnitude who was willing to pump some cash into the program

Goat U appears to not like Graham...this will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Jack Graham is the new AD, reportedly...

Interesting. Googled him, and he sounds perfect for the job...
Jack Graham is the Pastor of Prestonwood Baptist Church and the voice of PowerPoint Ministries, the broadcast ministry of Prestonwood. Prestonwood is one of the United States’s largest congregations, with a membership exceeding 28,000.[1]
Lonesome Robot Press :: Jack Graham
science fiction, gaming & the occasional rant
Jack
@jackomatik Planet Universe
d12s, bourbon, & a whole lotta verbiage. this account is for friends. follow @jackgraham if you're an acquaintance.

Sounds perfect for them... :lol:

Sacky - watching this interview, it sounds more and more like CSU may be doing the things necessary to finally get this stadium situation resolved.

Was there talk of dynamite?

I hope so. But he apparently approached the University about giving more money and wanted to pitch an "idea" to the President. When asked what the idea was he said "I was tired of playing around the edges" and the idea "is a big one" but wasn't ready to announce it yet. With Stryker backing this guy, I think we can all guess what that idea is and it is about freeking time!

I hope so. But he apparently approached the University about giving more money and wanted to pitch an "idea" to the President. When asked what the idea was he said "I was tired of playing around the edges" and the idea "is a big one" but wasn't ready to announce it yet. With Stryker backing this guy, I think we can all guess what that idea is and it is about freeking time!

So basically you guys got blackmailed into hiring a new AD? "Me & my friend want to give money to CSU but only if you put me in charge?" That's always a great idea...

So basically you guys got blackmailed into hiring a new AD? "Me & my friend want to give money to CSU but only if you put me in charge?" That's always a great idea...

It is an absolute Coup, no doubt about it. At this point, if thats what it takes to get football back on campus so that the University can actually leverage Old Town - then so be it.

To the contrary, it makes absolutely no ****ing sense. Anyone that thinks GB is getting a BCS job is straight delusional.

Let's see, a mediocre school in a power conference or goatherder U, what would any normal human being choose? ...... hmmmmm. There are still a lot of folks, media, fans, and otherwise, who have negative thoughts and memories about GB. And I seriously doubt that a college or university in the state of Colorado would hire him based on the same reasoning.

I'm of the opinion that, if he really wants to coach again, GB will prolly have to take mid-major opening. I think he's been out of coaching just long enough that a bcs level or other D1 AD simply won't take the chance on him.

It is an absolute Coup, no doubt about it. At this point, if thats what it takes to get football back on campus so that the University can actually leverage Old Town - then so be it.

Congratulations! If this is true, this could go a long way to getting you guys into a real conference in addition to improving the football program.

Let's see, a mediocre school in a power conference or goatherder U, what would any normal human being choose? ...... hmmmmm. There are still a lot of folks, media, fans, and otherwise, who have negative thoughts and memories about GB. And I seriously doubt that a college or university in the state of Colorado would hire him based on the same reasoning.

I'm of the opinion that, if he really wants to coach again, GB will prolly have to take mid-major opening. I think he's been out of coaching just long enough that a bcs level or other D1 AD simply won't take the chance on him.

Bro, I think you just made my point. I'm not saying he wouldn't take Illinois over CSU, I'm saying that job isn't coming his way.

Congratulations! If this is true, this could go a long way to getting you guys into a real conference in addition to improving the football program.

If this is what they had to do to get the big donors involved for legacy type projects then fine. Stryker Stadium has a nice ring to it.

Its your tax dollars that support the University system as a whole, including CSU. I still don't understand this notion of somehow reveling in the idea of a state funded University struggling with finances.

Screw csu, as much **** as you and your community and 10 fans sling at CU, your struggles are your problem.

Will be very curious to see what CSU has ups it sleeves. Right now, donations will only go so far compared to other schools like CU who will be pulling in $30MM a year in TV money very soon.

Will be very curious to see what CSU has ups it sleeves. Right now, donations will only go so far compared to other schools like CU who will be pulling in $30MM a year in TV money very soon.

My guess is the University is desperatly trying to get itself into the expansion discussion.

Back