What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend Did Not Exist - Hoax!

Eee S Pee In reports today that in all of those phone calls, Teo thought he was talking to a woman? Riiiiiiiiight.

Tuiasosopo could be covering for somebody, a woman, who was involved. But how would you get other people to put that much time in on this hoax with you, with seemingly no payoff? And they could just trace the phone number if they want to prove it.

They're taking the narrative of Te'o as an innocent dolt too far to be believable at this point.

Tuiasosopo could be covering for somebody, a woman, who was involved. But how would you get other people to put that much time in on this hoax with you, with seemingly no payoff? And they could just trace the phone number if they want to prove it.

They're taking the narrative of Te'o as an innocent dolt too far to be believable at this point.

I still think he is gay and Tuiasosopo is his boyfriend. It would be really hard for an out NFL player so this is being swept under the rug. Tuiasosopo might be the tragic hero in all of this. It would actually make for a great movie.

The best explanation for this Lennay was a virtual beard. All the cover and none of the fuss for Manti....

Just when you think this story can't get any weirder, we find out this is his GF
mrs-doubtfire1.jpg

So he makes Teo believe he is a woman by disguising his voice. This Tuiasosopo has a bright future in front of him. He'll make millions

IMO, the longer this story drags on, the lower his nfl draft stock drops.

This is the same league that celebrates Ray Lewis. Lawrence Phillips was a the sixth pick in the draft, Dez Bryant got drafted high, the list of others is long as you want to make it. As long as you can play and aren't likely to be in jail instead of on the field I don't think they will care that much.

As far as anyone knows so far he has not committed a crime. He hasn't posed a danger or been a threat to anyone. His bad game in the NC game will probably hurt him more than this "girlfriend" thing does.

This is the same league that celebrates Ray Lewis. Lawrence Phillips was a the sixth pick in the draft, Dez Bryant got drafted high, the list of others is long as you want to make it. As long as you can play and aren't likely to be in jail instead of on the field I don't think they will care that much.

As far as anyone knows so far he has not committed a crime. He hasn't posed a danger or been a threat to anyone. His bad game in the NC game will probably hurt him more than this "girlfriend" thing does.

I think this is different. Lots of coach font believe the hoax stuff and are going to draft him to be the captain of the defense. I can't help but assume that quite a bit of the NFL is homophobic and they gotta wonder what will happen to team psyche if he gets drafted. Will he be antagonized or ostracized? Will he never feel like he is part of the team? Of course at some point the rewards will outweigh the risk and he will get selected.

I think this is different. Lots of coach font believe the hoax stuff and are going to draft him to be the captain of the defense. I can't help but assume that quite a bit of the NFL is homophobic and they gotta wonder what will happen to team psyche if he gets drafted. Will he be antagonized or ostracized? Will he never feel like he is part of the team? Of course at some point the rewards will outweigh the risk and he will get selected.

You may be right in terms of it costing him a few spots in the draft but it won't be enough to drop him a round. There are a number of teams that seem to place a premium on character. At the same time there are some others that seem almost to take pride in trying to steal talent by taking guys who have more talent than character.

Without all of this he likely would have been at least a top 20 pick, with it I doubt he last longer than the top 35. The potential drop of 15 spots will cost him a bunch of money but not like he would if he dropped to the 3rd round or more.

The Raiders spent a 1st on Janikowske (a f***ing kicker) despite knowing that he had a history of drinking issues and was very disliked by his teammates. Of course this is the same Raider team that drafted Todd Marinovich #4 despite him having more red flags than communist China.

The draft is a weird thing. Just like McD drafting Tebow when most other teams wouldn't have looked at him before the 4th to 5th round all it takes is one team to like you enough to draft you. Te'o is talented enough that he should be able to convince one team that he is worth a high pick.

I do share your concerns though. I'm not sure I would want to deal with the dynamics of having him in my locker room.

I don’t think it makes any kind of sense that Te’o planned, or was in on, this whole elaborate trick from the beginning. That makes no sense at all.

He got catfished, found out, then lied because, frankly, what else are most people going to do in that situation?, especially after he made such a big dramatic deal about it. How embarrassing!

There are worse things in this world.

I don’t think it makes any kind of sense that Te’o planned, or was in on, this whole elaborate trick from the beginning. That makes no sense at all.

He got catfished, found out, then lied because, frankly, what else are most people going to do in that situation?, especially after he made such a big dramatic deal about it. How embarrassing!

Your sequencing is inaccurate. Let's say he did get catfished, fine. But he still lied, midstream, found out and then lied again. See how that changes the narrative?

Let's say this is pure catfish. I could see how he lied because he was embarrassed to admit he was experiencing intense feelings for someone he hadn't met in person, but wanted to validate the relationship.

But might you also note that a lot of his lies exceeded that validation and crossed a line into self-promotion?

But yeah, I get what you're saying about the lie after he found out. I'd be more forgiving, however, if it wasn't for all of the others.

Congratulations, by the way, on your unblemished record of representing the contrarian view.

Up next on SportsCenter, a look at why Duke's humiliating loss to Miami last night was actually a good thing for the Blue Devils and Coach K.

This story went from scandalous to just pathetic.

Corruption and graft perpetrated to bolster a Heisman candidate is juicy.

Samoan/Hawaiian transcontinental catfishing with homosexual implications between some emotionally vulnerable young men and their highly religious football oriented families is just plain akward.

Can we get back on track and focus on bashing the media and Notre Dame for putting Manti and his family in this embarrassing position?

Samoan/Hawaiian transcontinental catfishing with homosexual implications between some emotionally vulnerable young men and their highly religious football oriented families is just plain akward.

Can we get back on track and focus on bashing the media and Notre Dame for putting Manti and his family in this embarrassing position?

It was always pathetic, but the internet memes were very entertaining during those first couple days. Seriously though, ESPN needs to stop covering this non-story.

Well put

atarezub.jpg

A little something to wrap your brain around the hoax and the many unique names and players.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://deadspin.com/5978674/manti-teo-joins-notre-dames-long-tradition-of-bull****

This article mostly accurately articulates some of the seamier side of the legend of Notre Dame football. Rockne was a pretty good promoter although a much more genuine person than this article portrays. And he was unquestionably an innovative and phenomenal coach. What the author doesn't talk about in the history of Notre Dame football and is also in Sperber's book is the amazing rise of a Catholic university in an age of the Ku Klux Klan and in a time when Catholic immigrants were more reviled than blacks. That was the reason for the "subway alumni". Many Catholics in the cities finally had success to point to in the midst of prejudice and hatred.

And the article accurately portrays Rudy. I have a friend that was in Rudy's class. He was a jerk.

This article mostly accurately articulates some of the seamier side of the legend of Notre Dame football. Rockne was a pretty good promoter although a much more genuine person than this article portrays. And he was unquestionably an innovative and phenomenal coach. What the author doesn't talk about in the history of Notre Dame football and is also in Sperber's book is the amazing rise of a Catholic university in an age of the Ku Klux Klan and in a time when Catholic immigrants were more reviled than blacks. That was the reason for the "subway alumni". Many Catholics in the cities finally had success to point to in the midst of prejudice and hatred.

And the article accurately portrays Rudy. I have a friend that was in Rudy's class. He was a jerk.
Rudy sucks rep! I hate Rudy. Plus, I'm a card carrying member of the Dead Rabbits.

Back