What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

Will be a tough step onto the A-Line tomorrow for a work trip that will take me out of Colorado for both NU and CSU... gave the tickets for both to a CU Buddy who works in public service. Go get 'em buffs.

Good news is a pacific time trip makes kickoff 9am for NU-CU.
Hopefully your colleagues appreciate the new trend in business attire.

8f946546-64d5-4f5c-b471-a6b11b5819e2-USATSI_19754943.jpg

“Ladies and gentlemen, this flight is headed to Denver, with service continuing to Oklahoma City. Apparently, there is a big game in Boulder on Saturday morning. Wish we were going.”

Or maybe this belongs in the Prime Effect thread.
Just got a “Go Buffs” at O’Hare on my layover.

On a related note, my flight is delayed so we’re going to play “How many beers before they kick you out of the United Lounge”

HATE WEEKEND: engage

Just got a “Go Buffs” at O’Hare on my layover.

On a related note, my flight is delayed so we’re going to play “How many beers before they kick you out of the United Lounge”

HATE WEEKEND: engage
It's only 7:19 Central and they close at 9. PLENTY. OF. TIME!

A couple of my tix in the Flatirons Club 4th level opened up if anyone is looking …

I think it really needs to be pointed out that it wouldn’t matter much if every coach took the exact same approach to the portal that Prime did. He’s just better at it. He’s a unique character.
It should also be noted that Prime didn't "kick" anybody out of the program.

What he did was be perfectly honest with them. He told them that the old standards were gone and the new ones would be tougher than anything they had experienced. He told them he was going to bring in players who were better than them at their position and the best player was going to start. He told them that any player who didn't buy into the new standards, who didn't work and practice and study and play at a championship level would not be kept around.

Confronted with the truth most of the players decided to seek a new place to play with a different program. A few ended up at other P5 programs but the majority ended up at G5 or even lower level programs, confirming the evaluation of their chances to play here.

A small number didn't want to be part of the program but didn't want to leave CU. Those players were provided with financial assistance to do so.

Proof of the fact that Prime didn't just give everyone the boot is in the small number of players who are holdovers from last years team. Guys like Ham, Woods, Wells and Lichtenhan who all had other players brought in at their positions but who have done the work to be important parts of this team. There are some others as well.

CALLING @CUAviator ........

My plane was delayed due to the incoming BOSTON FLIGHT and now they are looking for a new crew coming from Detroit.

Where is my Allbuffs breathren @CU Aviator????

Let's roll!

Back