What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2014 UW @ Colorado Basketball Game thread ***

I will keep it positive. Wes Gordon is doing a fine job with Josh out.
JHop playing well. Can't pick on Talton. He's lost his confidence which seems to be a common thing. Our offense lives and dies by Booker. He went 2-infinity. Gonna happen. That's the offense we run.

All I am pointing out is that the Sophomore class has continued to improve and all three had a good game while also saying that Talton somehow dodges blame from the majority of the fan base.

agreed completely

JHop playing well. Can't pick on Talton. He's lost his confidence which seems to be a common thing. Our offense lives and dies by Booker. He went 2-infinity. Gonna happen. That's the offense we run.
How can you not pick on Talton? He is an upperclassmen receiving a lot of minutes and he is too chicken**** to go out and play big boy basketball. If Talton doesn't want to step up he needs to go to a school where he will at a lower level. If you **** up making an effort play no one is going to complain, but he is too afraid to shoot the ball, is terrible defensively, doesn't handle the ball well, and just really does not do much. It's time for him to start producing.

I know, I know, it won't happen but he's wasted space right now.

The real problem was that Ski started chucking up 4 pointers after we came back early in the shot clock. Tad let him do it too. This of course is all part of the damn problem. Coach and star pupil are ****ing blowing it, all while Scott is hurt, soft and XJ just doesn't give a **** and faked an injury AFAICT.

Talton is also playing much fewer minutes. Deservedly.
Blame someone who no showed and wearing the clown suit.

The real problem was that Ski started chucking up 4 pointers after we came back early in the shot clock. Tad let him do it too. This of course is all part of the damn problem. Coach and star pupil are ****ing blowing it, all while Scott is hurt, soft and XJ just doesn't give a **** and faked an injury AFAICT.

To the Bold, you are a ****ing moron.

Ski is going to be Ski, he is going to take those shots, when he nails them we all love him and when he misses we don't. That is just his game. Get over it.

How can you not pick on Talton? He is an upperclassmen receiving a lot of minutes and he is too chicken**** to go out and play big boy basketball. If Talton doesn't want to step up he needs to go to a school where he will at a lower level. If you **** up making an effort play no one is going to complain, but he is too afraid to shoot the ball, is terrible defensively, doesn't handle the ball well, and just really does not do much. It's time for him to start producing.

**** you Tini calling someone chicken****. You dwarf! How many minutes did he get?

I don't agree with the harshness of tini, but I can't say he's wrong. I think that if Dom isn't given all of Talton's minutes, then Eli should get whatever is left. Eli has had great minutes the last few games, and he plays aggressively, but smart.

Where I disagree with tini is that Talton is dodging the blame of the majority of the fan base. I let him have it quite often, and I see it a lot from others. Maybe it's a case where you see what you're looking for.

**** you Tini calling someone chicken****. You dwarf! How many minutes did he get?
As much, if not more minutes than the sophomores. Oh look, Talton just passed up another open trey...

I don't agree with the harshness of tini, but I can't say he's wrong. I think that if Dom isn't given all of Talton's minutes, then Eli should get whatever is left. Eli has had great minutes the last few games, and he plays aggressively, but smart.

Where I disagree with tini is that Talton is dodging the blame of the majority of the fan base. I let him have it quite often, and I see it a lot from others. Maybe it's a case where you see what you're looking for.

I'll admit, I'm pissed. I'm pissed at the effort. I'm pissed at Talton not doing **** again when he needed to step up. And most of all, I'm pissed at XJ being all chummy with the UW players after him being a dip**** and costing his team another game. So my comments are heated, but god damn I am fed up with Talton. I see Booker taking a lot of blame for losses, and sometimes other players, but I don't seem to see too many comments about Talton putting up zero's in the box score game after game after game. At this point I want Hopkins and Collier getting almost all of his minutes outside of foul trouble for them because all I see is a big liability with no upside out there.

Last edited:
Would like to see Wes shoot a 3 pointer each game. If we are going to play zone then put Hopkins or Fletch on the top to disrupt plays like Burks used to. Thought Hopkins, Fletcher and Thomas had nice games today. Needed to hit a few more outside shots with the big guy for Washington altering shots near the rim.

Could be X and Os. If we run real plays at the end of the half, on inbounds situations, and at the end of the game, we are walking home with a win tonight.

If XJ and Josh return, and no reason to think they won't, we will make a 180 turn around next year. 2014 / 2015 has been a very bad school year, sports wise. And I love XC.

I only had the radio call, but it seemed like they were able to force wash to take a shot that cu wanted (midrange/long 2) by the guy they wanted (not NWG). He just drilled it.

I only had the radio call, but it seemed like they were able to force wash to take a shot that cu wanted (midrange/long 2) by the guy they wanted (not NWG). He just drilled it.
That would be correct. My issue is that he went off a pick at the three point line with 2.5 seconds left and we didn't double him. No way he gets that pass off of a double team in time for the roll man (I think it was Upshaw) to gather and make the shot.

We didn't have a guy in his face. I knew he was going to make it before the ball left his hand.

If XJ and Josh return, and no reason to think they won't, we will make a 180 turn around next year. 2014 / 2015 has been a very bad school year, sports wise. And I love XC.

We'll need our leadership issue to be worked out (lot of immature bull****/rifts that need to stop) and Dom to really step up at PG to reach our full potential

Hop and Fletch encouraging. Wes also. Others mmmmm..... Meh. Interested to see how this plays out.

We are going to find out who is really gonna lead from here out.

At times yes

This just doesn't make sense. How are you more disappointed in a true Freshman who spent most of this year injured over a upperclassmen who has regressed an extremely large amount?
Because I really have a lot hope invested in him. I'm a big fan of him, I suppose.

I could have sworn I heard the same comments from Tad after a few other losses.

We were right there at the end
Just needed a few more stops
Great effort

I am getting tired of seeing our guys stand around on offense. When you have a player on the opposing team go 40 minutes at altitude, then you are not using it to your advantage. He needs to buy in the getting guys that hustle at both end of the court can be more successful than just playing one end.

So if you are RG, what do you do? This season had been a disaster, do you force Tad to make a chance with one of his assistants? Let him know that .500 is not okay.

I could have sworn I heard the same comments from Tad after a few other losses.

We were right there at the end
Just needed a few more stops
Great effort

I am getting tired of seeing our guys stand around on offense. When you have a player on the opposing team go 40 minutes at altitude, then you are not using it to your advantage. He needs to buy in the getting guys that hustle at both end of the court can be more successful than just playing one end.

So if you are RG, what do you do? This season had been a disaster, do you force Tad to make a chance with one of his assistants? Let him know that .500 is not okay.
You don't force Tad to do jack sh**.

Time to bring in a Princeton Offense. Tad stresses defense and rebounds, but he needs to implement a legit offense. I miss the days of Dufault + Roberson back door cuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtsHi1icoVU

It's like watching a completely different sport after being accustomed to the nonsense we've fallen into post-Spencer.

Anyway, I'd love a full-fledged attempt at using altitude to our advantage. We're in a unique situation with altitude: use it. We see flashes of it, but it would require being more adventurous on D and probably having some shooters on offense. Just a pipe dream, though, I know.

haven't read the thread, can only guess the general tone, but man, one of the least impressive outputs of energy I've seen since I started following CU hoops. my buddy remarked during the 1st half, "that's some lackadaisical basketball down there"

Back